Healthlytalks.com is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here
Getting the right outerwear can be quite expensive in places where there are four seasons. Three-in-one jackets are convenient because they can be worn in a variety of ways when the weather changes. A quality option can even be found for less than $100.
The innovative three-in-one jacket can be unzipped in cold winter weather to keep you warm during chilly autumn days. Both external and internal jackets should be considered when choosing which jacket is best for you.
Warmth can be easily maintained while running errands with a jacket lined with super-soft fleece. For rain or snow jackets, you may want to look for something complete with a waterproof outer shell and an inner shell, so you can wear it regardless of the weather.
Additionally, make sure the jacket is long enough to trap as much heat as possible. As a final consideration, you should also take your personal style into consideration. It’s hard to choose between the wide range of high-quality three-in-one jackets you can find, but you should definitely invest in the one you feel comfortable wearing.
Wearing a sporty long coat on skis or even a dressier one would be suitable. This roundup of some best 3-in-1 jacket women’s waterproof will help you choose the best one for you.
10 Best 3 In 1 Jacket Women’s Waterproof
1. Columbia Women’s Whirlibird IV Interchange Winter Jacket
2. Wantdo Women's 3 in 1 Waterproof Ski Jacket
3. Columbia Women's Emerald Lake II Interchange Jacket
4. Columbia Sportswear Women's Bugaboo Interchange
5. Under Armour Women's Sienna 3-in-1 Jacket
6. The North Face Cinnabar Triclimate Womens
7. OutdoorMaster Women's 3-in-1 Ski Jacket
8. Mammut Convey 3 1 Hooded Jacket - Women's
9. CAMEL CROWN Women's Waterproof Ski Jacket
10. The North Face Women's Sansa
1. Columbia Women’s Whirlibird IV Interchange Winter Jacket, Waterproof & Breathable
- Fabric Type: 100% Polyester
- Origin: Imported
- Care Instructions: Machine Wash
- Country of Origin: Vietnam
The jacket features a thermally reflective zip-in liner, similar to the Bugaboo jacket. A waterproof-breathable and seam-sealed shell complete the design.
Stylish and warm, this jacket features a tulip hem and angled seaming lines, along with strategically shaped baffling in the inner liner. 78-79% is a good fit statistic for this model. It is also available in Plus Size.
- A unique technology provides waterproof, breathable, air-permeable protection that keeps out the outside elements and lets air circulate so that you stay dry and comfortable no matter what the weather throws at you.
- With OMNI-HEAT, you will be able to manage your body heat outdoors like never before. A metallic dot pattern covers the center lining, reflecting heat while a breathable material manages moisture
- The Columbia Women’s Whirlibird IV Interchange Jacket offers excellent protection against cold, wet, and windy conditions with the Columbia Women’s Whirlibird IV Interchange Jacket.
- The 3-in-1 jacket: This versatile jacket offers waterproof outer shells, synthetic down linings, and reflective linings to meet all your needs. Combined, they provide maximum winter protection when worn separately or separately for maximum warmth.
- This ski jacket features a hood with adjustable cuffs, ventilation under the arms, a powder skirt with a snapback, chest pockets with zippers, security pockets inside, a goggle pocket, zip-up hand pockets, as well as adjustable cuffs.
2. Wantdo Women’s 3 in 1 Waterproof Ski Jacket Windproof Winter Snow Coat Snowboarding Jackets Warm Raincoat
- Fabric Type: 100% 75D*150D Pongee
- Brand: Wantdo
- Care Instructions: Machine wash and recommended hand wash
Another affordable option is the WantDo jacket. In comparison with other jackets in a similar price range, the WantDo Warm jacket is of much higher quality. Teflon coating and Teslan fabric make up the outer layer, which is waterproof and breathable. Anti-static and anti-fouling properties of its outer fabric make it extremely durable.
In the inner layer of the jacket, there is an insulated cotton layer that keeps the wearer warm. With its two-way zipper and collection buckle on the collar, it effectively keeps out the wind even when worn only with the liner. It will keep you warm no matter what the temperature is if you wear both layers of the jacket.
The liner should be turned inside out when you want to attach the two layers together. You can access the external pockets of the liner when you’re wearing both jackets simultaneously because they become internal pockets. Two external hand-warming pockets are available when you wear just the liner. There are no zippers on them, however, which is a small inconvenience.
Other zippered pockets are available as well. A zippered chest pocket and two hand pockets are also included in the shell. A zippered pocket on the shell also holds earphones, as well as a zippered pocket inside the shell. It offers plenty of storage space for your essential gear thanks to its 3-in-1 design.
- If you’re going anywhere, you’ll enjoy the warmth and comfort of this ski jacket for women. It’s made of anti-water, waterproof, rip-proof, and 75D*150D poly pongee fabric. The material is easy to clean, retains body heat, and keeps sweat out.
- The versatile 3-in-1 ski jacket for women can be worn in three different ways. If it’s raining, wear only the waterproof layer. If it’s chilly, wear only the insulating layer. It will keep you dry during a cold winter with its waterproof material.
- Make sure you’re protected against the wind. A detachable hood, elastic cuffs, and a YKK zipper complete the windproof design of this rain jacket for women. You can keep warm while remaining protected from the cold with this 3-in-1 windproof jacket.
- It features a 5000mm waterproof Teflon-coated exterior to keep you dry and protected from wet weather, dirt, sweat, and grease! Water cannot seep into your clothes and cause chills because of the raincoat. Snowboarding is a sport where you need to stay clean and confident.
- Pockets abound – Keep all of your essentials close at hand. It includes pockets that zip securely to keep your phone, cards, and passports, as well as keeping your hands warm.
- With their removable hood, these women’s hooded fleece jackets provide a range of storage options for outdoor activities such as skiing, snowboarding, hiking, and more!
3. Columbia Women’s Emerald Lake II Interchange Jacket, Waterproof & Breathable
- Fabric Type: 100% polyester, Omni-Heat Reflective lining 100% polyester, Thermarator 100% polyester
- Origin: Imported
- Care Instructions: Machine Wash
You can choose from 4 color combinations for this interchange jacket. Two colors are available for the shell jacket and two for the inner layer. Both are stylish and cool, and you can use them separately or together as seen in the picture.
Featuring a high collar and thermarator insulation, the inner jacket zips in and is warm and comfortable. Omni-TECH outer shell with Omni-HEAT thermal reflective lining provides waterproof and breathable performance.
This material is a combination of nylon and polyester. There is an attached and adjustable storm hood on the jacket, as well as comfort stretch.
- This proprietary technology protects you while allowing you to breathe. It is water-resistant while maintaining air permeability. Keeps you dry and comfortable regardless of weather conditions by allowing the inside to breathe.
- This patented Heat Reflective fabrics help you manage your body heat and stay comfortable while outdoors. A metallic dot pattern covers the interior lining, which helps retain heat, while the breathable fabric helps keep moisture away.
- A classic 3-in-1 design, the Columbia Women’s Emerald Lake II Interchange Jacket is a 3-in-1 solution you won’t find anywhere else. Wear it separately or together for maximum protection. The outer shell is waterproof and the liner is insulated.
- With an adjustable hood, snap-back powder skirt, and drawcord hem, this 3-in-1 jacket can be worn in several different ways.
- The jacket includes a zippered hand pocket, a ski pass pocket, and an interior security pocket.
4. Columbia Sportswear Women’s Bugaboo Interchange Jacket, Purple Dahlia, Small
- Fabric TypeShell: 100% Omni-Shield Ultra Touch Nylon. Liner: 100% Omni-Heat Reflective 220G MTR Fleece. Lining: 100% Nylon 210T Taffeta.
- Origin: Imported
- Care Instructions: Machine Wash
The general topic of 3-in-1 jackets has been discussed elsewhere on this site. My experience with these kinds of jackets goes back many years, so I know how they work. A jacket like this Columbia Bugaboo has many advantages, and this one is no exception. Both jackets can be used separately or together since you have two here.
Despite its rain jacket style, Columbia’s Omni Tech waterproof membrane is below a free-hanging mesh layer for comfort and breathability. The outer shell has Columbia’s Ultra Touch external fabric and a pleasant finish.
A shell jacket without a fleece jacket inside is a perfect combination, because the mesh is a very pleasant material to touch, which is greatly appreciated when wearing the jacket without a fleece jacket. This type of jacket is similar to mine.
You can see it in the first picture above, but the front zipper has a storm flap, one feature I especially like. In the picture above, you can see that the hood is adjustable and removable. On both sides of the face and on the back, there are velcro tabs and drawcords that allow it to be adjusted.
There is no elasticity in the cuffs, they are adjusted by velcro tabs. A patented thermal-reflective technology keeps the interior fleece jacket warmer than average fleece, see the picture above, with Columbia’s Dotswarm Full Zip 220 gram material.
About 20%-35% of body heat is reflected back to the body by this garment. While being very breathable, it is also very durable. The design of this product is awesome and it can be worn separately in dry conditions.
Various pockets are available on the shell jacket, including two zippered hand pockets and a chest pocket with zipper. There are two kinds of fleece jackets, one with zippers and one without zippers, with or without hand pockets.
- Liner made of fleece.
- Thermal Reflective Lining Omni-Heat.
- The Omni-Tech is a water-resistant and breathable garment with a critical seam seal.
- A zip-in interface system is available.
- Storm hood that can be removed and adjusted.
5. Under Armour Women’s Sienna 3-in-1 Jacket
- Fabric Type: 100% Polyester
- Best For: Women’s
- Brand: Under Armour Apparel
The Sienna from Under Armor may change the perception that the brand is more known for athletic gear than for its ability to withstand almost any environment. A UA Storm outer shell protected by a DWR finish gives this model a hydrostatic waterproof rating of 10000 mm, which ties our top listing.
With 10000 g of breathability over 24 hours, the Under Armor Sienna also maintains the athletic wear roots of under armor. According to the athletic wear trend, this model only weighs 23 1/2 ounces, with the polyester insulation adding 9.52 ounces (or 270 grams).
Under Armor Sienna is not one of the warmer jackets we saw, as its insulation is about as impressive as it gets. The fact that this product is reasonably priced could make it more than a budget-friendly option, but also one of the best 3-in-1 jackets for women in general.
There aren’t many clothing items on the market that match Under Armour Sienna’s waterproof and breathability ratings but that offer so many other features at such an affordable price.
- Breathable and water-repellent, UA Storm technology.
- Protect yourself from the elements with windproof materials & construction.
- Using ColdGear Infrared technology, your body heat is absorbed and retained by a soft, Thermo conductive coating.
- A two-layer waterproof and breathable material rated at 10K / 10K.
6. The North Face Cinnabar Triclimate Womens Insulated Ski Jacket Small Tech Blue-Tech Blue-Coastline
- Best For: Women’s
- Brand: The North Face
The product is pure quality, apart from some common sizing issues. The zip-in insulated liner jacket keeps you warm even in the harshest conditions. Through this, hot air is trapped, reducing the amount that escapes through the jacket.
Your body temperature is perfectly regulated with this fabric to keep you comfortable at all times. You can remove the included hood if you don’t need it. It’s fully adjustable and can be removed if you don’t like it.
This jacket can also be worn in different layers at the same time since it is a 3-in-1. In order to achieve maximum waterproof protection and durability, this jacket is constructed using polyurethane. There is also a storm flap on the front as well as a seam-sealed zipper in the front.
Shell and lining are made from 100g Heatseeker and 100 percent polyester, respectively. A secure zip chest pocket is included in addition to two hand pockets. There are a variety of color options available including plums, pinks, oranges, grays and whites, and blacks and blues in full.
There are a variety of sizes available, including extra-small, small, medium, large, and extra-large. As they can be inconsistent, finding the right size may take you a few returns, but once you do, you won’t have to look elsewhere.
- A waterproof jacket and insulated liner jacket combine to create a 3-in-1 jacket for all-year wear that is comfortable and durable
- All weather protection is provided by the outer, which is waterproof, ventilated, and seam-sealed.
- You can mix and match your favorite The North Face garments that are zip-in compatible.
- Wear the hood as you want or remove it altogether because it is fully adjustable and removable.
- When you’re active, pit-zip vents keep you dry and aerated while preventing cold air from getting in.
- An insulated center front zip with a storm flap and Velcro closure keeps cold air out and zippers protected.
- Safeguard your hands and money with chest and hand pockets with secure zips.
- With Velcro adjustable tabs on the cuffs, you can ensure that your little paws don’t get cold while wearing gloves.
- The hem cinch cord keeps warm air in while keeping out cold gusts.
- As long as you don’t forget your phone, you can take your music wherever you go.
- You won’t get uncomfortable neck chafing with the brushed collar.
- You can easily store mints or your ID in two secure zip hand pockets without the constant worry that they will fall out.
7. OutdoorMaster Women’s 3-in-1 Ski Jacket – Winter Jacket Set with Fleece Liner Jacket & Hooded Waterproof Shell – for Women
- Fabric Type: Fleece
- Size: Large
- Color: Black
You can’t go wrong with this design from OutdoorMaster if you’re looking for affordability, style, and functionality. As the temperatures fall, you’ll stay warm and dry with this design’s lightweight, easy-to-care materials. With this jacket, you’ll have the option to choose from a variety of fun and bright colors and a plush lining that will keep you comfortable.
There is a plush fleece lining in the interior shell of this design, which feels like a pair of fuzzy slippers. Featuring deep pockets for storing essentials and a high zippered neckline for warmth and comfort, this jacket is both stylish and functional. There are even large internal pockets to keep gear close to your body while avoiding harsh weather conditions.
This garment really shines on its exterior shell. With a layer of Teflon for stain resistance, it is made of waterproof and stain-resistant materials. In the coldest of days, the hood adjusts and can be removed in order to keep you warm. When necessary, layers can be removed via YKK zippers to be worn alone.
Despite the super affordable price point, this product from Outdoor Master does not compromise on quality. All kinds of weather are no match for its smart features that help keep you dry and warm. Our list also features some of the lightest designs, which weigh just under 3 pounds.
- A ski jacket that can be worn in all kinds of weather conditions. There is the option of wearing both the fleece inner jacket and the hooded waterproof shell separately or together.
- An exterior hooded softshell with TEFLON coating that is waterproof & breathable. When the weather is rough outdoors in the winter. Wear it alone and it will feel thin and light.
- Extra comfort & warmth is provided by the liner that can be removed. When it’s mild outside or inside, it’s perfect on its own.
- This jacket was designed with skiing in mind, with premium hardware and YKK zippers that are waterproof. Cuffs that can be adjusted, a chest pocket that is easy to access, and a hood that can be removed to make it easier to wear a helmet.
8. Mammut Convey 3 in 1 Hooded Jacket – Women’s
- Brand: Mammut
- Best For: Women’s
- Color: Marine
- Size: Medium
In addition to being incredibly versatile and nicely constructed, the Mammut Convey 3-in-1 HS Hooded Jacket for Women is also suitable for all seasons as they come with a pair of jackets.
An outstanding waterproof rating is achieved by combining 2.5 layers of hardshell with breathable and fully waterproof features. What is the size? I’ve never seen anything like 28000 mm. As a result of GORE-TEX, this is possible.
With the main part of the jacket being made of 750-fill duck down and the sleeves made of synthetic insulation, this inner jacket is stylish. Additionally, the shell jacket has pit zips that provide ventilation, a variety of color combinations, and much more.
- With an attached down jacket, this jacket is warm and multifunctional.
- An absolute weatherproof 2.5-layer GORE-TEX material made of high-quality, lightweight, highly compressible materials.
- Underarm zipper for additional ventilation concealed side zipper pockets.
- 750 cuin fill power (body), 38 grams 90/10 duck down.
- A synthetic fiber filling of 80 g/m2 is used on the sleeves.
9. CAMEL CROWN Women’s Waterproof Ski Jacket Winter Coat Windbreaker Fleece Inner Detachable Hood Snow Hiking Outdoor
- Fabric TypeShell: Polyester; lining：Fleece
- Brand: Camel Crown
- Origin: Imported
Camel Crown’s option features a stylish design and premium materials to keep you comfortable, as well as a sleek and stylish design in a variety of colors. In rainy and windy conditions, the fleece blend and tough outer shell work together to keep you warm and dry. As an added bonus, it boasts a few useful features to simplify the way you live.
In addition to being easy to wash, its fleece interior is also extremely comfortable against your skin. This sweater has a high neckline that keeps you warm, and a detachable hood to make wearing it more comfortable and versatile. This option from Camel Crown is made from static-free fleece, contrary to its reputation of generating static in dry conditions.
Water- and windproof materials make up the outside shell, which is both lightweight and breathable. The cuffs can be adjusted to keep the heat in, and the hood can be adjusted to fit snugly over your head via drawstring cables. On the deep pockets, waterproof zippers are used on easy-to-use zippers that won’t get tangled.
If you’re looking for an umbrella that comes in many different colors, offers protection against the rain, and is available in a variety of colors, then Camel Crown’s design is a great choice. A smart adjustable design keeps you warm and dry during all types of weather, all while being incredibly easy to clean.
- Winter ski jacket for women with 3 in 1 outer shell, fleece inner shell, and padded collar. You can wear them both together or separately. A warm and comfortable winter jacket coat will keep you warm during cold weather. The inner fleece jacket is soft and breathable, so it makes a great heat retention jacket.
- CAMEL CROWN ski jackets are waterproof and quick drying with a level of waterproofing of 10000mm/H2O. Material that dries quickly in a loose-fitting design.
- You can close up the seamless zipper on the CAMEL CROWN waterproof rain jacket, lock it up with the windproof hook, and it will keep you dry and comfortable during your outdoor adventures.
- Wear-resistant soft shell is highly windproof and warm with velcro-adjustable cuffs and a seamless zipper. In early winter or windy mornings, you can protect yourself with the stand collar and adjustable drawstring hood.
- There are two zippered pockets on the outside, one zippered pocket on the chest, one secure internal pocket with an earphone hole inside, and two inner pockets.
- Waterproof YKK Bi-directional zippers have been used in all of the jackets, and the button on the shell can be used to connect the shell with the inner jacket.
- Ski jackets for women featuring warm-lock fleece lining are compatible with double heating systems, allowing them to carry on through a variety of weather conditions, such as heavy fog, and rainy days.
- During the winter, excellent waterproofing, windbreakers, and heaters for storing heat are essential.
10. The North Face Women’s Sansa Triclimate 3 in 1 System Jacket
- Fabric Type: Fleece
- Brand: Northface
- Care Instructions: Machine Wash
- Color: Asphalt Grey
Despite North Face’s presence on our list, we do not think it is comparable to Sansa Down Delux, which would be the best 3-in-1 jacket for women we have ever reviewed. This line attempts to emulate some of the successes of The North Face’s other Triclimate lines.
Interestingly, one of the best things about this product is that it only weighs 24 ounces, making it perfect for casual wear or outdoor excursions. Although no specific statistics are provided, the Women’s SANSA features DryVent nylon.
The product provides fully-taped seams, a fixed hood, and an adjustable hem. However, it does not have a lot of extra features as some of its competitors do. Nevertheless, this model is a bit short, so the adjustable hem may only be of limited help.
A lightweight and functional option, the North Face SANSA might not be as feature-rich as its competitors, but it is an affordable option that has all the functionality you’re looking for. Among the triclimate women’s jackets.
- Jacket with Tri-Climate technology from Sansa
- Pockets with zip closures on the front
- Dual-layer fleece-lined jacket
- Breathable and water-resistant
- Washable by machine
How To Choose The Best 3-in-1 jacket Women’s Waterproof?
You should look for garments that are comfortable regardless of the type.
Most of the comfort of 3-in-1 jackets is centered around keeping you warm and regulating your body temperature. In the end, their sole purpose is to provide multiple ways for you to wear them, regardless of what the outside temperature is. The correct level of warmth can, however, be achieved by manufacturers in several ways.
Extra insulation and warmth are typically provided by the inner layer. An improved fit, a different type of fabric, and additional insulation may achieve this. The body heat can be maintained inside by, for instance, a heat reflective thermal lining.
You may feel uncomfortable if you are too warm. It may be possible to incorporate pit zips beneath the arms or mesh linings in some layers. As a result, the jacket is incredibly breathable and regulates body heat very efficiently.
Having control over the heating elements is one of the most convenient aspects of this type of jacket. The correct level of comfort can be achieved by adding or removing layers as necessary.
To make jackets unique, they use different kinds of fabrics and technologies. Some are made from 100 percent polyester or 100 percent nylon, or from Polartec Classic 100, which is designed to wick moisture away, or from HyVent, which provides superior weather protection.
There is generally a difference in construction between the outer shell and the inner layer. A quality outer shell should have critically taped seams for excellent wind and water resistance and a polyurethane coating to add durability.
Choosing a technology that repels water and stains is an excellent option for the inner layer. You should also look for a technology that provides mother nature with protective elements. The advantages of polyester or nylon differ, however, based on the fabric. Unlike polyester, nylon fibers are thin, flexible, and tough with little wear and tear. Polyester fibers are also resistant to wrinkling and shrinking.
Its name refers to the fact that these jackets come with layers that can be worn at different times. Moreover, this jacket has design features that can be tailored to meet your specific needs. The hood and the cuffs are of particular importance. All of these adjustable features may not be present in every jacket, but most should.
Hem strings are essential for hoods in order to allow the wearer to adjust them. Wearing a hood is an effective way to stay warm and dry during downpours and bitterly cold days. Detachable models are also available.
If the hood becomes a liability rather than an asset, you can use this technique. The same thing applies to cuffs since the tighter they are adjusted, the less air will enter. It may be a good idea to leave them loose during warmer days so you can breathe.
Material, weight, and weave if they are special or uncommon are all factors that influence the durability of a jacket. Most waterproof 3-in-1 jackets are made of nylon and polyester, with nylon having higher natural durability and polyester having a higher natural water repellency.
A weight rating of the material, usually expressed in deniers(D) or tex(T), is important regardless of the type of material used. Although few brands provide this information unless it is exceptional, you should also consider the type of weave used.
As the jackets can be customized for different situations, comparing them can be difficult. Generally, a jacket’s warmth is measured in grams (g), but many jackets, including ones with dedicated insulation layers, have different levels of warmth for each layer.
The filling on all 3-in-1 jackets is not included, and synthetic insulation is preferable over other types of multilayer jackets. Often, the outer shell jacket of 3-in-1 jackets is thinner than the inner jacket, which provides the bulk of the insulation.
6. Extra Features
- Adjustable Hood, Cuff, and Drawcords
The jacket’s openings can be tightened to prevent cold air from getting in, and therefore these features can be considered warmth-related, except for the adjustable storm hood. In addition to being adjustable, removable, or helmet-compatible, the hood should also be able to close securely.
In addition to being a convenient extra feature, hand pockets aren’t always an essential part of a jacket.
Furthermore, they provide an excellent way of keeping your hands warm and stowing away other gear, such as your smartphone. In both the inner and outer layers, you should look for chest pockets and hand pockets.
What Are The Benefits Of A 3 In 1 Jacket?
Three-in-one jackets are beneficial because they offer superior versatility, making them a good choice for you. You don’t want several clothing items weighing you down while you’re out exploring the world.
In one lightweight yet effective outerwear piece, you get everything you need with a 3-in-1 jacket.
When the weather is cool and dry, the outer shell can act as a protection against wet weather. Wearing both together will benefit you if things get a little tumultuous.
Three-in-one jackets can save you a lot of money compared to purchasing two separate jackets for different weather conditions. Investing only once a year will also be unnecessary because the jacket can be worn in all seasons.
As a final note, today’s manufacturers of 3-in-1 jackets are sourcing materials responsibly and taking care to minimize the negative impact on the environment. A clothing recycling program is offered by The North Face, a world-famous outdoor wear supplier.
Let me show you the three jackets I loved the most if you still aren’t sure which one to get. My favorite affordable choice, and the best sporty option!
Columbia Women’s Whirlibird won’t disappoint you when it comes to jackets. Together, these two layers make an amazing jacket that can withstand even extremely cold temperatures.
This jacket is also the only one available in sizes up to XL, which is another reason it stands out. Due to its Omni-Heat and Omni-Tech materials, Columbia’s jacket keeps you warm and dry for a long time.
The Wantdo Women’s 3 in 1 deserves mention as well because they are the only ones who ensure the inner jacket’s pockets are usable. Two zippered pockets are inside the liner, which can be accessed by turning it inside out.
In addition, it prolongs the wearable life of the inner jacket by protecting the outer shell. Besides that, it’s a very warm ski jacket, so it is suitable for use in all kinds of weather.
My 3rd recommendation is Columbia Women’s Emerald, which is a bit lighter and better suited for adventure. As a standalone hoody, the Omni-TECH outer shell jacket makes a great choice.
It is made of a combination of nylon and polyester. 4 color combination is available, overall excellent jacket for active people looking for a sporty look. However, it isn’t a great winter coat.