Healthlytalks.com is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here
There is no need to spend thousands of dollars on a hoverboard anymore. A cool vehicle like this can now be purchased without digging deep into your pocket. Let’s look at the best all-terrain hoverboards under $200 – each with a number of great features.
It’s best to choose something that’s affordable if you’re buying it for a new user. Hoverboards that cost $200 or less are unlikely to have the features of premium hoverboards. They are easy to carry because of their simple design and user-friendliness.
With our list of hoverboards, you are sure to have a smooth ride across all terrain types. A hoverboard starter kit will be perfect for those who have never ridden one before. Here are some of the best hoverboards under $200 that can be used anywhere.
10 Best All Terrain Hoverboard Under $200
1. CBD Hoverboard, 6.5″ / 8.5″ Tires Hoverboard
2. TOMOLOO Hoverboard with Bluetooth Speaker
3. HOVERSTAR All-New HS2.0 Hoverboard
4. HYPER GOGO Hoverboard, Off Road All Terrain
5. Jetson Flash Self Balancing Hoverboard
6. YHR Hoverboard with Bluetooth Speaker
7. Wilibl Hoverboard for Kids Ages 6-12 Electric
8. Hover-1 Chrome 2.0 Electric Hoverboard
9. Felimoda Hoverboard with Bluetooth Speaker
10. SISIGAD Hoverboard Smart Self Balancing Scooter, Hoverboard
1. CBD Hoverboard, 6.5″ / 8.5″ Tires Hoverboard Self Balancing Hoverboard with Bluetooth and LED Lights, All Terrain Hoverboard for Kids Adults UL2272 Certified
- Brand: CBD
- Color: A2 White
- Maximum Speed: 12 Kilometers per Hour
- Recommended Uses For Product: Sports
- Age Range (Description): Kid
Will you be able to increase your budget just a little bit from $200? Trying to figure out the best all-terrain hoverboard under $250 is why I’m asking that. Self-balancing hoverboards are suitable for kids and adults alike. Although it differs in terms of tires, charge time, range, speed, etc. from the previous model, it is still budget-friendly. The manufacturer places safety first. For this reason, the hoverboard has non-slip pads to prevent accidental slipping. This is a great resource for kids. A speed alert also reminds the rider to reduce their speed in order to prevent an accident.
Though it comes with 6.5 inches tires, it is an all-terrain hoverboard. So you can ride it on gravel roads, sand, grass, etc. I found no problem when I was riding it inside my house. It works perfectly on tile and carpet as well. So in one word, it is the perfect one for both inside and outside of the house. The hoverboard features 300 Watt dual motors with a 37V/2AH rechargeable battery. With this battery, you can visit up to 6 miles per charge. Then you need to recharge it for approximately 3 to 5 hours. I have seen the motors are quite smooth and found no problem in my 6 months’ experience.
People can travel at a maximum speed of 6.2 Mph on this hoverboard. Beginners can learn how to ride a hoverboard in a moderate amount of time. When riding this, you’ll feel very stable. A maximum weight capacity of 200 pounds is also available. There is something for everyone on the hoverboard. Feeling confused? Hoverboards can be ridden by both adults and children.
Yes, there is more to come. Riders can enjoy extra entertainment with its Bluetooth speaker. You can enjoy music by connecting it to your iPod or smartphone. Nighttime riding is safer and more enjoyable because of the LED lights. The product is covered by a 90-day warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee. After a few weeks or months, some said it stopped working. A warranty claim can be made in such a case. You have nothing to worry about.
- With 6.5 inch all-terrain hoverboard and built-in Bluetooth speaker and flash LED lights, you can ride to your favorite music.
- The self-balancing system of the product makes it easy for beginners to learn and enjoy ‘hover’ rides within 10 minutes. Kids between the ages of 6 and 12 can use CBD Hoverboards.
- The battery has a maximum life of 6 miles, takes 3 hours to charge, and can withstand a maximum weight of 200 pounds.
- You can use the SUV Flash Hoverboard on gravel roads, grass, and other terrains because it has 6.5 inch all-terrain solid rubber tires.
- With solid rubber tires of 6.5 inches and non-slip foot pads, it is suitable for a variety of surfaces. In addition, riders are always protected from overspeed by an overspeed alarm.
2. TOMOLOO Hoverboard with Bluetooth Speaker and Colorful LED Lights UL2272 Certified Self-Balancing Scooter 6.5″ Wheels for Kids Ages 6-12 and Adults
- Brand: TOMOLOO
- Model Name: Q2C
- Color: Bright Black
- Item Weight: 17.64 Pounds
- Age Range (Description): Kids and Adults
In terms of hoverboards equipped with Bluetooth technology, the first name that comes to mind when it comes to hoverboards with Bluetooth technology is TOMOLOO Hoverboards. As a matter of fact, the brand has developed a model for kids that is pocket-friendly as well. You are not going to find a better all-terrain hoverboard under $200 than this one. There is also the advantage of the board being UL2272-certified.
- This product is the first mechanical self-balancing electric available on the market that is completely safe for beginners and amateurs alike.
- A built-in wireless Bluetooth speaker plays music that switches 5 different RGB LED lights on and off.
- Verified quality and safety – hoverboard is UL2272 certified, and battery is MSDS/UN38.3 and UL2271 certified.
- The product comes with a one-year warranty. Feel free to contact us directly if you have any problems!
- A smooth riding experience is made possible by high-quality rubber tires, the Most Advanced Mainboard Program, and comfortable foot pedals.
- Children will enjoy more freedom and joy with this hoverboard. You can give it to your children as a wonderful gift.
- Four different lights can be switched randomly on the updated 6.5″ tires.
3. HOVERSTAR All-New HS2.0 Hoverboard All-Terrain Two-Wheel Self Balancing Flash Wheel Electric Scooter with Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Brand: HOVERSTAR
- Age Range (Description): Adult
- Item Weight: 17 Pounds
- Wheel Size: 6.5 Inches
- Color: Chrome Blue Bluetooth
- Maximum Speed: 10 Miles per Hour
How about a hoverboard that is under $200 and has all terrain capabilities? A good option within this range would be the Hoverstar HS 2.0v. In addition to being more affordable than the previous model, the Hoverstar HS 2.0v offers maximum performance. There is a dual 200W motor and a lithium battery that runs at 36V/2A. Its battery has never caused me any problems, and users have also reported that it doesn’t drain quickly. A 3-hour session is scheduled. The battery needs to be charged for 2-3 hours before it is fully charged. Compared to other hoverboards, this hoverboard has a good charging time. There are 6.5 inches of racing wheels on the hoverboard. There is something special about the hoverboard that comes with LED lights, which made me fall in love with it. The wheels of this hoverboard seemed to be quite smooth and stable when I was riding it.
A full charge of its 36V/2A battery allows the rider to travel up to 10 miles. Due to the difference in weight between men, distance can vary. Due to the difference in weight between men, distance can vary. There are some people who can go up to 8 mph. The hoverboard provides moderate performance. This tire has a diameter of 6.5 inches and can be used on grass and pebbles. However, if the amount of pebbles is too high, you may face problems. The 4 LED lights are especially appealing to me. The extra LED lights in the wheels helped me a lot when I was riding the hoverboard at night. In addition, it has a Bluetooth speaker that provides music lovers with additional entertainment. This one has a lot of features, which is hard to find at this price point.
- A new hoverboard skin made with a durable material and a music speaker
- A certified hoverboard stable is available
- A charger and a help manual are included as accessories
- This scooter is fun for children and adults alike.
- Electronic Based Hoverboard Patina, which can support up to 165 pounds, is very sturdy. It can be controlled by the rider at an impeccably controlled speed. There are 2 LED lights that flash up- Desirable front LED lights, equipped with a 24V / 4A battery that can reach speeds up to 9 MPH and a range up to 8 miles.
4. HYPER GOGO Hoverboard, Off Road All Terrain 6.5 inches Hoverboards with Bluetooth Speaker, Colorful LED Light Wheels, UL Certified Self Balancing Scooter
- Brand: HYPER GOGO
- Color: Pink
- Style: Art, Sports,Safety
- Wheel Material: Rubber
- Wheel Size: 6.5 Inches
The HYPER GOGO Hoverboard is UL 2272-certified, so you can be sure that it will give you the stability you need while riding a self-balancing board. It charges very quickly and allows you to go a long distance in a short amount of time. It is possible for you to enjoy music while having a safe ride!
- The Bluetooth music speaker has a built-in branded high-quality speaker that allows you to enjoy music on the road.
- It would be a perfect gift for anyone celebrating a birthday or Christmas.
- With hoverboards’ technology, beginners and amateurs are able to use them more easily and safer. The art can be mastered in minutes as it is easy to learn and maintain.
- 6.5-inch rubber hoverboard tires ensure a smooth ride and increased durability. Hoverboards must pass the strict UL2272 electrical test in order to be considered safe.
- You can journey, explore, and adventure after the sun sets with LED headlights that are bright and energy efficient to illuminate your night and evening travels.
5. Jetson Flash Self Balancing Hoverboard with Built in Bluetooth Speaker | Includes All Terrain Tires, Reach Speeds up to 10 MPH | Range of Up to 12 Miles, Ages 13+
- Brand: Jetson
- Color: Black
- Age Range (Description): Adult
- Maximum Speed: 10 Miles per Hour
- Model Name: Jetson Flash
The Jetson Flash Self Balancing Hoverboard is another product that will be added to our list of Jetson products. Despite the fact that it’s a robust, no-frills device, its design is perfect for anyone who is a beginner rider of any age. In terms of performance, this all-terrain board can outperform many of its competitors at a fraction of the cost.
- Smooth and safe rides are assured with the Anti-Slip Grip Mat and All-Terrain Wheels. A minimum age of 13 is recommended
- You can bump your beats as you zoom and spin with an enhanced Bluetooth speaker that provides crisp, clear sound.
- Its long-lasting rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides an impressive range of up to 12 miles and can be fully charged in just 3 hours.
- The Flash is powered by a 500-watt dual hub motor allowing it to reach speeds up to 10 mph. Yes, it’s powered entirely by electricity.
- Take control of your ride with the free app that lets you choose between three modes, track distance, and share your activity.
6. YHR Hoverboard with Bluetooth Speaker LED Lights, 6.5inch Self Balancing Hover Board for Adults Kids Ages 6+ with UL2272 Certified
- Brand: YHR
- Maximum Speed: 9 Miles per Hour
- Item Weight: 16.5 Pounds
- Color: 03 Pink
In addition to built-in Bluetooth speakers and LED lights, the YHR 6.5 Inch Hoverboard is pretty safe. A small LED panel on the back of the bike lets the rider ride in the dim lighting of the road, and its Bluetooth speaker enables them to listen to their favorite music while riding. There is no doubt that it has the potential to hit a high speed of 6-9mph, and its powerful motor has a great deal to do with it. At that speed, it will be able to bear 260 pounds/117 kilograms easily. In addition, it features non-slip footpads, which are designed to provide extra support to the rider in order to maintain their balance during the ride
You won’t have to be afraid of the night while traveling, as the wheels have a luminous LED flashing light embedded within them. It is UL2272 certified and meets all UL2272 requirements when it comes to quality charging and electrical performance.
- 6.5-inch Hoverboard- 6.5-inch rubber tires provide superior performance and smooth riding. For kids, adults, and teens, the hands-free electric scooter is the perfect size.
- Thanks to the flash wheels, bumper lights, and LED headlights, this car has a Bluetooth speaker and flashing wheels. Sports hoverboards with bluetooth speakers make traveling more fun, so you can listen to your favorite tunes while you travel.
- UL 2272 Certified – Smart batteries are certified by UL 2271 to prevent overcharging and overheating problems.
- Performance at its best. You can ride this hoverboard up to 9mph and cover a distance between 6-9 miles per ride with its 300W dual motors.
- Its bluetooth technology allows it to rotate 360 degrees and climb steep slopes of up to 15 degrees, so your kids can travel over grass, sand, and ground easily.
7. Wilibl Hoverboard for Kids Ages 6-12 Electric Self Balancing Scooter with Built in Bluetooth Speaker 6.5″ Wheels LED Lights Hover Board Safety Certified
- Brand: WILIBL
- Model Name: JY-T1
- Age Range (Description): Kid
- Wheel Size: 6.5 Inches
- Color: -LED Black
Wilibl Hoverboard for Kids, a UL2272-certified board that’s designed for children, is one fine device for children to float around safely. In every weather condition, the device is waterproof and shockproof to ensure that the rider will be safe at all times.
- UL2272 Safety certified, our hoverboards have been tested and certified for safety. It comes with a charger.
- This is a set of solid tires with 6.5″ colorful flashing wheels and side lights, high illumination LED headlights, and sturdy shell construction. It is safe and stable, durable, and fashionable.
- The built-in speaker can be easily connected to portable devices in a matter of seconds, so you can just enjoy your favorite music or books without the need for headphones. Adding an extraordinary sound effect to your hoverboard will make it the coolest one on the market.
- Hoverboard riding has never been easier than it is now thanks to the self-balancing system.
8. Hover-1 Chrome 2.0 Electric Hoverboard | 6MPH Top Speed, 7 Mile Range, 4.5HR Full-Charge, Built-In Bluetooth Speaker, Rider Modes: Beginner to Expert
- Brand: Hover-1
- Model Name: Chrome 2.0
- Age Range (Description): Adult
- Maximum Speed: 7 Miles per Hour
- Color: Blue
Is there anything better than a hoverboard that costs less than $200? Hover-1 Chrome 2.0 Hoverboard is a great hoverboard that you should try out! With its sharp design and illuminating wheels, this self-balancing electric scooter is a great addition to the lifestyle of its rider and is an excellent way to add a little bit of swag to their life. As one of the most advanced boards at this price range, it is among the best.
- Hover-1 Chrome 2.0 Electric Scooter features LED wheels that illuminate the streets. Its 6.5″ wheels, LED fender lights, 300W motors (150W x 2), and torque allow it to easily climb inclines up to 5 degrees, allowing it to reach 6 mph over a 7 mile distance.
- You step on one side of the board first, then put another foot on. Riding is FUN, EASY, AND INTUITIVE – Step on one side, then put another foot on. Using your feet or leaning to accelerate/decelerate smoothly, the controls are simple to learn
- The built-in inertia dynamic stabilization system keeps you in control thanks to the Hover-1 gyroscopes and acceleration sensors. For a safe, stable, and fun ride, Chrome 2.0 hoverboard scooter stabilizes the rider, controls balance, and controls motion
- With the Bluetooth 4.0 speaker built into the hoverboard, you can enjoy your favorite tracks or playlists. You can toggle between 3 skill modes, enable GPS tracking, play/pause music, and customize your LED lights using the Bluetooth app for Android/iOS
- It is made of IPX-4 water-resistant material and comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that is 25.2V/4.0 Ah (certified), durable and non-corrosive. Overheating and fire are prevented by the safety shield battery enclosure
9. Felimoda Hoverboard with Bluetooth Speaker and LED Lights, 6.5″ Self-Balancing Scooters Hoverboard for Kids
- Brand: Felimoda
- Maximum Speed: 6 Miles per Hour
- Material: plastic
- Age Range (Description): Kid
- Color: F02 Chrome purple
Felimoda Hoverboard is our first choice; it comes with Bluetooth speakers, LED lights, and wheel lights, which are all unique features. In addition to carrying 200lbs/90kg weight, the hoverboard can cover 6 miles at 6mph and carry 200lbs/90kg weight. His speed is largely attributed to the 6.5-inch rubber tires on his bike.
UL 2272 certified and conforming to all necessary safety standards, Felimoda Hoverboard ensures a safe ride. All weights can use this board. Additionally, this hoverboard’s climbing capabilities allow it to ride on all surfaces smoothly.
A powerful lithium-ion battery powers the hoverboard’s dual motors and provides 300W of power. In addition, its battery life indicator shows the battery’s remaining life continuously. In conclusion, Felimoda hoverboards are the best hoverboards under $200 with unlimited unique features.
- A cool LED light that allows you to ride at any time of the day and play at any time of the night. In the breeze, you can feel freedom and happiness as you ride the two wheels with colored tunnel LED flashes.
- A two-wheel hoverboard with non-slip foot pads that maintain stability when turning and provide strong traction. You can easily master the riding method of the hoverboard since it uses your body balance to control the direction of movement.
- A howerboard with Bluetooth can play music or books in one second, making riding more enjoyable and improving the quality of life when riding, and at the same time improving the quality of life at home.
- This double-wheel hoverboard is suitable for a variety of occasions. It can be used by children and friends as a surprise gift. It is suitable for people walking cats and dogs, children, office workers, amateurs, and office workers. Enjoy the colorful experience that Felimoda hoverboard offers us.
10. SISIGAD Hoverboard Smart Self Balancing Scooter, Hoverboard with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker and Lights, 6.5″ Two-Wheels Hoverboard for Kids and Adults
- Brand: SISIGAD
- Color: X-CamoPink
- Wheel Size: 6.5 Inches
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 200
- Age Range (Description): Adult
A pretty decent choice to finish off our list is the SISIGAD Hoverboard Self Balancing Scooter. This hoverboard surpasses all strict electrical safety standards because it is UL-listed. There are wireless speakers, a built-in Bluetooth, and an LED light on the hoverboard. Music can be played easily via Bluetooth, and the 6.5-inch wheels ensure a smooth and comfortable ride. A powerful motor plays an important role in the speed of the SISGAD hoverboard, which can reach speeds up to 6mph. It can carry 220lbs/100kg of weight.
The battery is a Li-ion one that can be recharged quickly. Certainly, this hoverboard scooter is an advanced example of self-balancing technology. If you have to buy a hoverboard within 200 dollars, this is also a good option to consider.
- With a built-in LED and Bluetooth speaker, you can connect your portable device in seconds and enjoy listening to your favorite music and books without wearing headphones.
- This Self-Balancing Control System is perfect for beginners and amateurs alike, with plenty of technology. Featuring lithium-ion batteries, dual hub motors, quick charging, and longer battery life.
- This is the perfect gift for beginners, amateurs, office workers, dog walkers, and cat walkers since it allows you to free your feet! You and your family should have fun together!
- The product is shipped from us. To ensure safety, SISIGAD hoverboards are electrically tested and comply with UL2272 standards. If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- This bike features high quality rubber wheels, comfortable footpedals, and 6.5″ wheels for a smooth ride.
How to choose the best all terrain hoverboard under $200?
Manufacturers of hoverboards must adhere to certain safety guidelines. In order to prove that it won’t cause a fire hazard or other problems, they meet and get certified according to the standards. Safety certifications such as UL2272 are crucial.
Make sure that the device has alarms that warn you when you exceed the top speed limit, when the surface of the terrain is rough, etc. If you want to keep yourself safe while riding hoverboards, you should choose models that have anti-slip grip mats.
2. Protection Against Water
There are many hoverboards that aren’t designed to handle water, especially in the lower price range. These boards are not recommended if you plan to ride in rainy or snowy weather. Specific certifications are required for hoverboards that are best suited for wet climates. In order to find a waterproof scooter, check if it has certifications such as IPX4, IPX5, and IP56. The certification of hoverboards is based on certain standards that must be met.
Additionally, you should consider features such as the maximum range, the Bluetooth speaker, the color range, safety features, and self-balancing.
Your hoverboard tires should provide you with both safety features and swag. Although budget boards may not be suitable for extreme off-road adventures, all-terrain hoverboards should perform well on smooth and rough surfaces.
There are often LED lights on the wheels of hoverboards. With this device, you are not just making a statement while zooming by. Lights such as these are perfect for illuminating your path at night.
4. Power and Speed
For an uninterrupted experience, a powerful motor is essential. A hoverboard usually has two lithium-ion batteries that each provide 150 watts of power, and they charge quickly. The best hoverboards should last for 10-15 miles, while average hoverboards last for 7 miles.
hoverboards can reach speeds of up to 6 mph on average. There are some incredible boards available that can take you up to 7.5-8 mph. There are some boards for children that go no faster than five mph. There may be a change in the board’s price.
5. Recharging Time
You don’t have to compromise on basic features when you buy a pocket-friendly hoverboard – such as battery life and charging time. Recharging time shouldn’t exceed four hours for the best all-terrain hoverboard under $200.
A hoverboard should charge in less than 2 hours for the majority and in 3 hours for the best. A full charge should last you 45-75 minutes before recharging is necessary.
6. Tire Material
There are many types of hoverboards, and their tires are made of different materials. In addition to plastic wheels, rubber wheels are also available on hoverboards. Solid rubber is the most reliable material when it comes to safety.
The best hoverboard tires for off-roading are rubber ones. For rough terrains covered with gravel or sand, plastic or other materials aren’t sturdy enough. There is better grip on such surfaces with threaded rubber tires.
7. Weight Limit
Balance boards often overlook the weight limit as one of their features. Ideally, you should make sure the hoverboard you choose has a minimum weight limit of 45 lbs when looking for the best all-terrain hoverboard under $200.
Otherwise, the board will be too light, but you can also choose a product like this if you’re purchasing the device for a child between the ages of 6 and 12. Adult riders can ride hoverboards if their weight is under 200-220 lbs, which is sufficient for most hoverboards.
8. Wheel Size
The wider the tires of your hoverboard, the better it will perform on rough surfaces. A 6.5-inch wheel is commonly used on uneven and slippery surfaces and performs fairly well. For beginners, crossing sidewalks is recommended.
The most common width is 8.5 inches, but you can also choose wider wheels. Smoother rides, better balance, and better stability are among the benefits of these. New riders might have difficulty controlling hoverboards with wider wheels because they are heavier.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to the best all terrain hoverboard under $200.
Can hoverboards go off road?
It is true that some hoverboards can be used off-road. Specifically, pneumatic tires with a diameter of 8 inches or greater will work well with motors with 500W or more of power. Taking on challenging terrain may not be possible with smaller hoverboards.
How much is an off road hoverboard?
As off road hoverboards have bigger motors and more expensive wheels, they tend to cost more than regular hoverboards. Off-road hoverboards cost about $350 on average, but can cost as much as $650.
Can you ride hoverboards on grass?
Hoverboards that are designed for off-road use will easily be able to handle grass surfaces. Some hoverboards do not respond well to too much water, so make sure your grass isn’t too wet.
Can you ride hoverboards on snow?
The off-road hoverboard is technically capable of riding on snow. A hoverboard that isn’t properly shielded against water damage from snow is considered a bad idea since it may melt and cause water damage.
What is the best hoverboard under 200$?
In 2022, there will be many hoverboards available under 200 dollars. Hoverboards under $200 are best purchased from Felimoda. In 2022, we reviewed the best hoverboards under 200 dollars.
Are Hoverboards dangerous?
UL 2272 certification means that every hoverboard passed strict electric safety tests, so hoverboards are not dangerous.
How long does a hoverboard battery last?
Basically, it depends on the model. Although some hoverboard batteries drain quickly, most hoverboard batteries last 3 to 4 hours.
What is the best off road hoverboards under 200$?
Because off-road hoverboards have different off-road capabilities, they are a little bit pricey. However, HYPER GOGO Hoverboard is the best off-road hoverboard under 200 dollars.
There are a variety of all-terrain hoverboards available under $200, but not all of them are built the same way. “CBD Hoverboard, 6.5″ / 8.5” is our top pick which contains features like easy to ride and enjoy, better quality, all-terrain riding, and many more. “TOMOLOO Hoverboard with Bluetooth Speaker” is our best overall product which contains features like it is self-balancing technology, colorful lights, and Unique tires, ensuring stability. Depending on where you intend to ride and how advanced you are as a learner, you will have to pick the right board. Fortunately, our list covers it all!
If you are in a hurry when you purchase a product, you will waste it. No matter how stunning the advertisement or marketing is, you shouldn’t let them sway you. When it comes to making a purchase, take your time to do your research. Your mood will be ruined if you make a wrong decision. It won’t only cost you money but will also leave a bad taste in your mouth.
Please share this guide with your friends who want to purchase this product. Enjoy your shopping!