Healthlytalks.com is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here
When it comes to fishing, kayaks are one of the best ways to get up close to the fish. The notion that kayak fishing is an effective method of catching bass is certainly true. The kayak that you choose should provide you with the support and stability you require on the water, so that you can reel in your catch without having to worry about losing it.
There is a huge variety of kayak models, making it somewhat challenging to choose the right kayak for bass fishing. Let’s look at some of the best bass fishing kayak today so that you can find one that offers you the best fishing experience!
5 Best Bass Fishing Kayak
1. Pelican Sit-on-top Fishing Kayak
2. Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 110 11 Foot Angler
3. Wilderness Systems ATAK 120
4. Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
5. Perception Tribe 13.5 Sit on Top Tandem Kayak
1. Pelican Sit-on-top Fishing Kayak 10 Feet Lightweight one Person Kayak Perfect for Fishing
- Material: Plastic
- Color: Olive Camo
- Item Weight: 50 Pounds
- Seating Capacity: 1
- Brand: Pelican
- Style: Basscreek 100xp Angler
The Pelican Bass Creek 100 XP is my most budget-friendly recommendation. It’s not the most feature-packed kayak, but it’s got everything you need if you want to catch a fish. The kayak tops my list of budget-friendly bass kayaks!
An area for bungee cords and a compartment for a dry bag are provided for storage. In comparison with a recreation kayak, a bass fisher will be able to easily position themselves, switch to casting, and return using a swivel rod holder and paddle holder. With a weight of 50 pounds, this boat is easy to maneuver, load up, and get in and out of the water!
- You will enjoy a secure and steady ride with the multi-chine flat bottom hull. While it makes getting into and out of the kayak extremely easy, it provides you with the balance you need when casting lines and reeling in fish.
- Due to the material used to manufacture our kayaks, high molecular density polyethylene, it is extremely lightweight. The kayak measures 10 feet long and weighs only 50 pounds, making it the ideal kayak for easy storage and transportation.
- With our unique manufacturing process, our sit-on-tops are manufactured with additional flotation inside the hulls, meeting or exceeding ABYC regulations. It holds a maximum weight of 325 pounds. You don’t need to worry about any excess water entering your kayak because the kayak’s bottom has scupper holes that drain excess water from the boat. The flat hull design ensures you peace of mind while riding.
- An ergonomic cushioning system and better air flow are features of the adjustable ERGOFIT G2 seating system.
2. Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 110 11 Foot Angler Sit On Top Fishing Kayak with Adjustable Hero Comfort Seat & Transducer Port + Rod Holders + Storage + Rudder System Included
- Color: Orange Camo
- Seating Capacity: 1
- Brand: Vibe Outdoors
- Item Weight: 62 Pounds
The Vibe fishing kayaks are affordable, quality, and come in a range of colors. This list also includes my choice from their selection: the Sea Ghost 110. There is plenty of room for growth in this boat, thanks to its well-balanced hull, comfortable seat, and well-designed seat.
An already easy-to-maneuver kayak is made even easier with the toe-controlled rudder system. Even though pedaling is convenient, I don’t find it to be convenient in shallow water (of course, I haven’t tried Hobie’s MirageDrive). It’s ideal for me to have a rudder that can help guide me through backwaters searching for bass.
It’s easy to remove Vibe’s seat for storage, and it’s comfortable as they come. A top-loading gear track system is used, and there are tons of toys to choose from. Fish finder transducer ports are ready to go once you’re ready to hunt big bass! For at least a couple years, you’ll be easy to shop for.
The most important thing for me is that Vibe lives up to its name. The focus on balance is what makes this kayak the best bass fishing kayak for your money. Spot fish a big bass hole, reel right into the boat, or scout a new location from a better perspective.
- A mount for accessories, which includes 2 rod holders flush-mounted to the wall, and 4 gear tracks integrated into the mount to provide customized rigging options
- The vehicle has a large center console, a 20″ oval front hatch, a rear hatch, and a large rear tank well with bungee cords.
- You will experience optimal control during long paddles, windy days, and strong currents with the pre-installed toe controlled rudder system
- A dual position Vibe Hero seat provides superior comfort and support during long boat trips
- One-person sit-on-top fishing kayak – 11ft 62lbs of speed and stability in one kayak
3. Wilderness Systems ATAK 120 | Sit on Top Fishing Kayak | Premium Angler Kayak | 12′
- Brand : Wilderness Systems
- Material: Polyethylene
- Color: Mesa Camo
- Item Weight: 86 Pounds
With its long waterline, highly walkable surface, and wind-shedding hull, Wilderness Systems’ A.T.A.K. strikes the elusive balance between speed and stability. Throughout the open deck, storage opportunities are intelligently positioned to allow for accessory customization. High/low seats provide comfort and visibility, while Flex Pod OS consoles provide electronics integration and are compatible with the Helix MD Motor Drive (sold separately).
- This is an advanced tactical angling kayak (a. T. A. K. ), which is compatible with the new Helix MD motor drive.
- Experience the award-winning design of the A. T. A. K. 140 in a compact package that makes it easier to handle
- An open customizable platform, unmatched stability, and a wind-shedding deck make it a popular choice
- Approximately 12’3″ in length
- Weighs 86 pounds.
4. Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
- Item Weight: 54 Pounds
- Material: Plastic
- Brand: Lifetime
- Style: Tamarack Angler
- Color: Tan
This model is Amazon’s second most popular fishing kayak based on the Amazon Best Sellers rank. Over 460 previous reviews have rated it 4.3 out of 5 stars, with a price starting at $439.
Among the best bass fishing kayaks are numerous rod holders, storage compartments, and paddle holders with shock cords. There is a five-year limited warranty on this product and it can support up to 275 pounds.
Besides being made from durable, high-density polyethylene, this model’s stable bottom, deep hull tracking, and chine rails ensure stability and good maneuverability.
- Made from UV-protected high-density polyethylene. The bottom is stable and flat. A deep hull tracking channel. The stability of the china rails
- There are multiple footrest positions to accommodate different riders’ sizes. A padded seat back and seat pad are adjustable for comfort. Rear and front shock cord straps
- There are two flush mounted fishing rod holders. A top-mount fishing rod holder
- Featuring two 6″ storage compartments in the rear and center. One paddle holder with shock cords. Front and rear T-handles allow for easy transportation.
- The HDPE material used in the construction is durable and long-lasting. Limited warranty of five years
- Dimensions of the kayak: 120 inches. L x 31 in. W x 14 in. H | Weight Capacity: 275 lbs.
5. Perception Tribe 13.5 Sit on Top Tandem Kayak for All-Around Fun Large Rear Storage with Tie Downs
- Item Weight: 79 Pounds
- Material: Polyethylene
- Color: Dapper
- Brand: Perception Kayaks
- Seating Capacity: 2
- Style : 2020 – Framed Seatback
Despite not being as comfortable or angler-specific as the Yellowfin, the Tribe Tandem will suffice for two anglers looking to catch some bass. On this bass fishing kayak, there are several storage compartments. Front and back bungees secure your tackle, and dry storage areas are located ahead of both seats.
Although it does not come with rod holders, Perception has prepped attachment points.
- The most versatile, fun, & easy-to-paddle tandem kayak on the market
- Comfortable padded seat pans and adjustable framed seatbacks
- For added comfort/fit, knee/thigh areas are molded
- Paddlers of different sizes can use integrated footrests
- Tank well storage front and rear with bungee cords
- The sport of kayaking is a water sport
How to choose the best bass fishing kayak?
Having reviewed the best bass fishing kayaks, it’s time to highlight their most important characteristics. Here is a buying guide that will take you through everything you need to consider before purchasing one of these kayaks. In order to decide what kayaking you enjoy, you should introspectively consider what you are looking for rather than buying. So without further delay, let’s get started!
The most important factor when buying a kayak for bass fishing is its stability. While budget can be an issue, the steadiness of the product must be given priority. The stability of the kayak will prevent any problems while kayaking for a long time. Standup fishing can be done with a kayak that is highly stable and can be leaned far to one side.
Before purchasing a kayak, it is important to take into consideration the weight of the kayak. No matter what style or design you prefer, make sure you choose a bass fishing kayak that is the lightest and meets your requirements. Furthermore, a kayak that is lighter than average is easier to maneuver around, which makes moving it to the water a lot more convenient. Hence, you will feel the benefit of paddling and fishing for hours on end after hours of effort on your own body. Thus, it is important not to underestimate the weight section of the kayak when choosing one.
Thanks to these kayaks, the adventure you’ll have will not be impacted by the money you spent on them. Although expensive kayaks offer the most advanced safety systems and comfort, it isn’t necessary to spend a lot of money on them. The same quality and performance can therefore also be achieved at a lower cost. Create a list of the top-rated and best bass fishing kayaks, then select the one that suits your needs. One thing to keep in mind before buying a hard-shell kayak is that it tends to be more expensive than an inflatable kayak.
4. Storage and Extras
You should choose a kayak that includes all the equipment you need when choosing one. You will be able to keep your kayak in good condition by not adding additional weight. The kayaks that have been trained will also provide you with more compartments and space so you can mount your fishing rods or keep your cup or bottle in the kayak. In order to avoid having to carry around a kayak all the time, it is recommended that you purchase one with multiple trails in it.
As a kayak gets longer and narrower, the faster it goes in a straight line, the greater the speed it will be able to achieve.
Moreover, when the kayak is wider and shorter, it makes it easier to turn the kayak when it is wider and shorter. In the case of professionals, there is no need to worry about the size of the kayak, but in the case of beginners, it would be better to choose a kayak that is wider. As a result, kayaking will not be as scary as you might think as you will not have a fear of rolling down.
“Pelican Sit-on-top Fishing Kayak 10” is our overall best product which has features like easy to transport, lightweight, durable and affordable. If you want to buy the best-rated product is ” Vibe Kayaks Sea Ghost 110 11“ which offers features like light in weight, easy to use, affordable and easy to stand on and well balanced and many more.
Hopefully, our review has helped you find a high-quality bass fishing kayak that offers you the features you’re looking for! Since there are so many different fishing kayaks on the market today, it can be challenging to decide which model is best for you. However, it’s also important to note that every user has a different need.
Frequently asked questions related to the best bass fishing kayak
What kind of kayak is best for fishing?
The best option you can have for fishing is to use a pedal kayak because it allows you to free up your arm from having to hold a fishing rod all the time. As a result, you will be able to make your legs strong enough so that you can work. Some of the top-rated pedal kayaks you can choose from are the Oldtown kayak, Ocean kayak, Bonafide, Hobie Mirage, and Wilderness Systems pedal kayaks. There is a tendency for them to be more stable and have a higher load capacity.
Can I stand up and fish from a kayak?
It is possible to stand up and fish from a stable kayak while standing up. The extra-wide kayak makes it easy for an angler to stand and make fishing much more comfortable. In order to make standing safe and comfortable, sit-on-top kayaks have been designed specifically for this purpose and are specially designed so you can stand on top of the kayak. In order to ensure that you are able to fish while standing up, you should make sure that you purchase the best sit-on-top kayaks available.
Is fishing from a kayak hard?
At the beginning, fishing from a kayak might seem a bit complicated and uneasy for a beginner, but after a few practices, you won’t find it hard to fish from a kayak anymore. It might feel like you’re going to flip over the boat as it wobbles around, but you don’t have to worry because the more you practice, the longer you will stay and enjoy your fishing day, so don’t worry, practice makes perfect. As a result, you should relax, never give up, and trust the boat you are on!