Healthlytalks.com is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here
Commercial rice cookers are available in a variety of shapes and sizes. As well as family models, commercial models also come with additional features, although they typically take up more space than needed.
Having a large table will allow everyone to sit comfortably, but not so large that reliability will be an issue since it will also be used for business. A commercial rice cooker is capable of cooking many more servings per batch than a smaller one, largely because it can cook several batches at once.
Do you like rice? It may be a good idea to invest in a commercial rice cooker if you are in such a situation. Rice cookers are more efficient and convenient than standard kitchen appliances due to their many features and functions.
By purchasing ingredients in bulk and preparing them over a long period of time without wasting any food, these appliances also make it possible for you to save money. Additionally, these machines are adaptable to both restaurants and cafes! In this review, we examine 10 best commercial rice cookers and determine which would work best for your budget and requirements.
10 Best Commercial Rice Cookers
1. Rinnai 55 Cups Natural Gas Rice Cooker RER-55ASN
2. Hamilton Beach 37590 Commercial 90 Cup Rice
3. Aroma Housewares 60-Cup (Cooked
4. Hamilton Beach Proctor Silex Commercial
5. Aroma Housewares 60-Cup (Cooked)
6. Zojirushi NYC-36 20-Cup (Uncooked)
7. Panasonic Commercial Rice Cooker, Large Capacity
8. Tiger JNO-A36U-XB 20-Cup (Uncooked)
9. Adcraft RC-E25 Heavy-Duty Commercial Rice
10. Paloma 55 Cup Commercial Gas Rice Cooker,
1. Rinnai 55 Cups Natural Gas Rice Cooker RER-55ASN
- Color: Biege
- Brand: Rinnai
- Power Source: Gas Powered
- Capacity: 55 Cups
- Item Weight: 42 Pounds
The majority of restaurants use electric rice cookers to prepare rice, but gas rice cookers are also popular. Restaurants can reduce their electric consumption by using commercial rice cookers that use gas. Rice that is cooked in gas cookers is not only delicious but also of high quality.
Natural gas is used as the cooking fuel in the Rinnai 55 Cup gas rice cooker. The oven is equipped with a reliable and accurate thermostat that will ensure cooked rice doesn’t become burnt, or crispy. A large 55-cup capacity aluminum cook pot is fitted with an enamel outer casing and a 55-cup capacity enamel inner casing.
A flame failure safety device comes with the RER55ASN to ensure your safety while you cook. Furthermore, the National Sanitation Foundation and the Canadian Standards Association both certify it.
- In 22 minutes, Rinnai’s 55-cup rice cooker will cook up to 55 cups or 100 bowls of rice and keep them warm for hours.
- Traditionally, rice preparation was a time-consuming process that required careful attention to ensure that it was cooked correctly.
- As the temperature and timing are automatically controlled, this automatic rice cooker frees up a heating element on the range and simplifies the process.
- This cooker is as easy to use as adding rice and water. Just run it, then walk away! Rice cookers that run on natural gas have piezo pilot ignitions.
- Rinnai gas-fired rice cookers let you cook rice in large or small quantities to perfection.
- Rice can be simmered in less time and with less energy with these safe, dependable, commercial-quality cookers.
- Rice comes out perfect and fluffy every time due to the automatic two-stage burner and auto simmer function.
2. Hamilton Beach 37590 Commercial 90 Cup Rice Cooker/Warmer
- Capacity: 90 Cups
- Brand: Hamilton Beach
- Item Weight: 32.12 Pounds
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Wattage: 2500 watts
Whenever it comes to producing top-quality, premium rice cookers of all shapes and sizes, Hamilton Beach doesn’t disappoint. Managing an insanely busy restaurant and needing a rice cooker that can cook a lot of rice at the same time might warrant checking out the Hamilton Beach 90 Cup 37590 rice cooker.
This is a fact. This beast is capable of cooking up to 90 cups of cooked rice, so you can serve everyone in your restaurant without a problem! With its 2500W power, the 37590 rice cooker can cook rice, grits, oatmeal, and macaroni.
You can program functions with the touch of a button on the front, which has a user-friendly digital control. Rice is evenly cooked on all sides due to the non-stick removable inner pot.
Furthermore, it features a durable stainless steel double-wall construction with insulated insulation for long-term durability. It also features a condensation water trap for catching water released during cooking. In addition to keeping rice warm for hours, the 35790 keeps food warm for long periods of time.
- It offers flexibility with multiple cooking options and a touchpad for one-touch operation. After cooking, the unit automatically switches from cooking to keeping warm, so the operator can handle other tasks
- You can increase the consistency of your cooking with the heated stainless steel lid. The hinged design allows for easy opening and closing, as well as taking up less counter space with its attached base
- A nonstick inner cooking pot that is easy to clean, has a handle for easy removal and has marks in the water line to assist in measuring liquid accurately.
- An express care warranty is included with this product for a period of one year. This service includes a free replacement unit (if required) to keep your business operating smoothly
- Commercially produced
3. Aroma Housewares 60-Cup (Cooked) (30-Cup UNCOOKED) Commercial Rice Cooker (ARC-1033E)
- Style: Rice Cooker
- Color: White
- Capacity: 8 Quarts
- Brand: Aroma Housewares
- Product Care Instructions: Hand Wash
The Aroma Housewares (ARC-1033E) Commercial Rice Cooker is a great choice for those who aren’t looking to spend a lot on a rice cooker. The model offers an excellent price/performance ratio that matches many high-end models.
The best affordable commercial rice cooker should not be dismissed too quickly. Heavy-duty use is also possible with this appliance. With a capacity of 8 Qt, this model can easily cook 60 cups of rice at once to feed a large crowd.
Small eateries with less daily demand will benefit from Aroma Housewares’ Commercial Rice Cooker (ARC-1033E). There are also fewer settings on the front panel, so you’re less likely to get confused while using it. Moreover, you can cook sumptuous fluffy rice meals with just a single touch of a button.
With two measuring cups and a paddle included, you’re guaranteed mouthwatering results every time. Furthermore, it can hold up to heavy use without having spelling problems between batches of rice, delivering restaurant-quality rice. The Keep Warm feature also comes in handy once the device detects that the cooker has finished cooking.
- Introducing Aroma’s newest and largest size, featuring Aroma’s powerful and proven technology! For a total of 60 cups of perfectly cooked rice, pour in 30 cups of raw rice.
- With an all-day insulated lid over a nonstick inner pot, freshly cooked rice will stay warm and fluffy all day.
- It features a one-touch operation, which is what sets it apart from other cookers. Using this one-touch device is foolproof – just fill it with food, turn it on, and begin cooking!
- Cooking and cleaning are easy with the nonstick inner pot, which is built to last.
- Once cooking is complete, the Keep Warm mode switches automatically to maintain the perfect temperature for serving your food.
- A serving spatula and 2 rice measuring cups are included as accessories. 120V/60Hz 1650W power consumption
4. Hamilton Beach Proctor Silex Commercial 37560R Rice Cooker/Warmer, 60 Cups Cooked Rice, Non-Stick Pot, Hinged Lid, Stainless Steel Housing, 1 Year Warranty
- Brand: Hamilton Beach Commercial
- Power Source: Electric
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Capacity: 60 Cups
- Color: Silver
Hamilton Beach makes sure its commercial rice cookers last for a long time by making them robust and long-lasting. It comes with a great set of features that make it one of the best commercial rice cookers in the kitchen, the Hamilton Beach Proctor-Silex 37560R.
This rice cooker is ideal for restaurant settings since it can hold 60 cups of cooked rice and 30 cups of uncooked rice. It comes with a nonstick aluminum inner pot that can be removed and easily cleaned. You’ll be able to read liquid measurements accurately every time because of the visible water line markings.
As the 37560R is coated with stainless steel, it is durable and can be used continuously. Moreover, the lid of the cooker can be easily opened and closed. It is capable of cooking a variety of rice varieties, including white rice, brown rice, basmati rice, and jasmine rice.
As well as grits, oatmeal, and mac and cheese, oatmeal and grits can also be cooked in this cooker. Furthermore, after the rice is cooked, the 37560R switches to the warming mode, maintaining the temperature of the rice for a long time.
- Its large capacity with a double wall construction enables the operator to cook up to 60 cups of cooked rice at a time. Additionally, it is capable of cooking oatmeal, cornmeal, porridge, and even macaroni and cheese.
- Double-wall construction with insulating material and a temperature-controlled lid ensure even cooking. It’s as easy as adding rice and water, pushing a switch, and walking away.
- As soon as cooking is complete, the device switches to a keep-warm mode. Due to its nonstick interior and removable nonstick inner cooking pot, cleaning is simple.
- Accurate liquid measurements are possible with clear, visible water line markings, regardless of the operator. An easy-to-open and easy-to-close hinged lid made of stainless steel have a strong handle.
- Taking up less counter space is the hinged lid, which attaches to the base. Drips are kept off the counter by an integrated moisture cup. cETLus and ETL sanitation standards (conforms to NSF/ANSI Std. 8) have been tested and approved as product safety standards.
- Durable Construction: The housing is stainless steel and designed for continuous use in commercial applications. Heat is held in by a double-walled construction that is insulated.
- A removable nonstick inner pot makes cleaning it a breeze, and it has visible water line markings so you can accurately measure liquids.
- A single touch switches the unit from cooking to warming, allowing the operator to focus on other tasks.
- Stainless steel lid with a heated element: Ensure consistent cooking. In addition to being easy to open and close, the hinged design occupies less counter space because it’s attached to the base.
5. Aroma Housewares 60-Cup (Cooked) (30-Cup UNCOOKED) Commercial Rice Cooker, Stainless Steel Exterior (ARC-1130S)
- Capacity (Cooked): 60 Cups
- Body: Stainless Steel
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 15 x 18 inches
- Item Weight: 22.4 pounds
- Brand: Aroma Housewares
It’s important to stick with Aroma Housewares as one of the leading brands in this area. Up to 60 cups of uncooked rice can be cooked with this commercial-grade model.
Stainless steel is used for the exterior construction of this appliance, which makes it durable. Its sturdy construction also helps maintain restaurant-quality rice by preventing moisture from escaping.
A stainless steel lid, two rice measuring cups, a plastic spatula, and a nonstick inner pot are included with the Aroma Housewares ARC-1130S Commercial Rice Cooker.
Designed with an aluminum inner pot for even heating and retention of heat, delicious, fluffy results are guaranteed every time. It is also removable and possesses a reasonable food release performance, making cleanup a breeze.
This rice cooker also features a hands-free operation, which is convenient for busy cooks. This device doesn’t need babysitting. You can focus on other kitchen tasks while Aroma Housewares ARC-1130S Commercial Rice Cooker cooks your rice while adding only water and rice.
To ensure your rice remains fresh throughout the day, the model switches to Keep Warm mode after cooking. Designed exclusively for commercial use, this cooker can produce flawless batches over a continuous period of time.
- His brand offers the arc-1130s as part of our Commercial Rice Cooker Line, making it possible to prepare restaurant-quality rice at home.
- With this largest commercial rice cooker yet, you’ll have plenty of space to cook! The AR-1130s produces 60 cups of cooked rice at once, which significantly cuts down on the cooking time!
- Rice that’s fluffy every time – Quality without compromise. It’s never a problem whether you cook 10 cups or 60, your rice will always be fluffy and delicious.
- A plastic rice spatula is included with the arc-1130s, as is a stainless steel lid, a nonstick inner pot, and a stainless steel measuring cup.
- Cooks any variety of rice to perfection in up to 60 cups.
- An inner pot that can be removed and cleaned easily.
- For continuous usage, the lid is made of stainless steel and has a durable body.
- The volume of rice doubles when it is cooked. An uncooked capacity of 30 cups and a cooked capacity of 60 cups are provided by this rice cooker.
- Automatic Keep-Warm operation with a simple electronic operation.
- Measures rice and comes with a serving spoon.
- Use only for commercial purposes.
6. Zojirushi NYC-36 20-Cup (Uncooked) Commercial Rice Cooker and Warmer, Stainless Steel
- Brand: Zojirushi
- Color: Stainless Steel
- Item Weight: 1 Pounds
- Capacity: 20 Cups
- Material: Stainless Steel
In restaurants or catering settings, a rice cooker such as the Zojirushi NYC-36 would be ideal for situations that are not necessarily formal, but will need to accommodate a larger group.
There is plenty of rice to be made in this rice cooker quickly and of good quality. Using 20 cups of water, the Zojirushi NYC-36 produces a large quantity of perfectly flavored and textured rice. In order to keep the rice fresh and consistent, the cooker automatically switches to the “keep warm” setting after it has been cooked.
A sturdy stainless steel exterior with a nonstick interior that is easy to clean makes this a stylish and durable cooking tool. Keeping batch sizes consistent is made easier by measuring lines on the interior. There is also a washable inner lid that is detachable.
In order to prevent the rice from becoming too wet or sticky, a condensation collector is placed on the side of the pot. This prevents too much steam from collecting.
To prevent the rice from going to waste, the package includes an extra-large rice spatula. The best portable rice cooker is named so for its easy-to-use dimensions and size.
Keep warm mode has suffered from a similar issue with longevity, namely that it would not work after 9 months of consistent use. In the event that you experience this issue, you should be covered by the 1-year limited warranty.
- A 1300 W electric rice cooker with a capacity of 20 cups that cooks rice for up to 40 portions
- The inner pan features a nonstick surface and a water-measuring line; a rice spatula is also included.
- Keeping the food at the ideal serving temperature is possible with the keep-warm feature. The inner lid can be detached and washed. Collection of condensation on the side
- A stainless steel exterior makes it suitable for catering or commercial use
- Aspects of the item are 17-1/4 inches wide, 17-1/4 inches tall, and 13-1/2 inches deep
7. Panasonic Commercial Rice Cooker, Large Capacity 46-Cup (Cooked), 23-Cup (Uncooked) with One-Touch Operation and 8-Hour Keep Warm – SR-42HZP – Silver
- Brand: Panasonic
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Capacity: 23 Cups
- Color: Silver
- Product Dimensions: 10.5″D x 16.87″W x 11.87″H
Keeping your customers and employees safe is a top priority when it comes to restaurants. Therefore, you should use an appliance that is reliable and won’t harm your establishment or you.
NSF-approved Panasonic SR-42HZP commercial rice cookers provide that reliability, and this NSF-certified cooking model provides all the features you’d expect of a high-quality rice cooker.
It comes with a thermal safety fuse that protects the unit against overheating, so you can use it throughout the day without fear of damaging it. The lid of the pan is made of stainless steel, and the pan liner is easy to remove and clean.
This great rice cooker is an excellent addition to restaurants that feature a more rice-centric menu, offering a capacity of 23 cups of uncooked rice or 46 cups of cooked rice. This rice cooker cooks fluffy rice perfectly while keeping it two hours of warm rice.
- With the Panasonic commercial multicooker for food service, 46 cups of rice can be cooked in it (94, 3-oz servings) and other grains like quinoa and farro can also be cooked.
- An aluminum coating adds durability and scratch resistance to the removable inner pan; the stainless steel lid is easy to clean
- A simpler, smarter way to cook: Rice cooks fluffy, Automatic Shut-Off detects when it’s done so you won’t overcook, retaining warmth for eight hours so you always have rice on hand.
- A commercial-grade oven is designed to meet the strict standards of NSF for commercial use. It is built with a thermal fuse that doubles as a safety device for use in commercial kitchens; 120V AC-60Hz, 1550W
- It measures 10-1/2 inches (D) by 16-7/8 inches (W) by 11-7/8 inches (H), and weighs 12 pounds; it comes with a measuring cup and a rice scoop
8. Tiger JNO-A36U-XB 20-Cup (Uncooked) Commercial Rice Cooker and Warmer, Stainless Steel Black
- Brand: Tiger Corporation
- Color: Silver
- Capacity: 20 Cups
- Item Weight: 22.16 Pounds
- Material: Stainless Steel
A high-quality and efficient rice cooker made for the commercial market, the Tiger JNO-A36U-XB is one of the best options on this list. Rice cookers from Tiger have always been reliable and of good quality, and this one is no different.
Rice cookers such as the JNO-A36U-XB are useful in commercial settings, such as restaurants. It can hold 20 cups of uncooked rice (160 ounces) and can produce 40 cups (320 ounces) for perfect results every time, making it very effective in making fluffy, tasty rice.
It is much easier to use and maintain the rice cooker because it has a lot of features. A silicone cooking sheet also comes with an inner pot also comes with a silicone cooking sheet. Nonstick interiors are easier to clean because they are nonstick. It is also possible to wash the inner lid.
When you remove your cooked rice from the heating device, it will still be hot for hours after the cooking is finished, ensuring that it stays fresh. In addition to its sleek exterior, this industrial rice cooker is also durable due to its stainless steel construction.
There is an included 6-ounce rice measuring cup as well as a spatula, so you won’t have to buy them separately. In spite of the rice cooker being excellent in quality, shipping and where you’re getting it can result in a defect, such as a dent.
- Rice is protected from scorching with a cooking silicon sheet.
- A “Keep-warm” feature that is automatically activated.
- Measures 6oz of rice and comes with a spatula.
- Inner lid that can be washed.
- Inner pan is made of nonstick material. Preventing scorched rice with a cooking sheet.
- It is important that you measure rice ONLY in the cup included in the package.
9. Adcraft RC-E25 Heavy-Duty Commercial Rice Cooker with a 25 Cup Capacity, 1550-Watts, 120v,White
- Material: Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Plastic
- Brand: Adcraft
- Color: White
- Capacity: 200 Fluid Ounces
- Item Weight: 11 Pounds
A commercial rice cooker may be the right option for restaurants just to get started if they want something that won’t break the bank. Adcraft’s 25 Cup RC-E25 is ideal for this application. Using this affordable option, businesses can run smoothly without having to worry that their customers will run out of rice.
Its 25-cup capacity and no-frills features make the Adcraft RC-E25 a decent rice cooker at a reasonable price. In order to prevent bacteria growth, the device features an aluminum interior and a stainless steel lid that resists rust.
Operators can use the included oversized plastic fork and clear plastic measuring cup to cook rice perfectly. Furthermore, the Adcraft RC-E25 comes equipped with a keep-warm feature that keeps rice warm, fluffy, and soft for prolonged periods of time.
- Capacity 25 Cup: Adcraft’s 25-cup premium rice cooker is the perfect tool for both cooking and storing your hot rice.
- In addition to the oversized plastic fork and plastic cup measuring cup that come with the cooker, the cooker is also easy to use.
- Steel Lid: Included in this item is a stainless steel lid with a clear viewing top and an aluminum insert with graduations that are easy to see on the inside.
- It is recommended that operators rinse rice before cooking in order to maintain consistency in texture and to prevent it from bubbling over while it’s cooking.
- Easy Mobility: The side handles are cool to the touch, so they are comfortable to handle. Rice stays warm for a long time thanks to the keep warm feature. The silicone pad is included.
10. Paloma 55 Cup Commercial Gas Rice Cooker, (Natural Gas) (NSF Certification)
- Brand: Paloma
- Power Source: Gas Powered
- Capacity: 55 Cups
- Item Weight: 31.3 Pounds
- Material: Aluminum
One of the best gas rice cookers you can find is the Paloma PR-10DSS, which is the only natural gas-powered rice cooker on this list. A jumbo-sized rice cooker like this is especially beneficial to larger restaurants.
It goes without saying that this 55-cup (440 oz) rice cooker has a large capacity and is very useful when large quantities of rice are required. It features an auto-ignition feature that makes it easy for you to start and cook without matches or batteries. In addition, this rice cooker is made to be as safe as possible, so you don’t need to worry about the flames.
The main burner of the cooker won’t light if the pan is misaligned or removed from the base. Safety valves with magnets close if a flame failure safety device detects a malfunction in the main burner, preventing gas from reaching the burners.
A removable bowl makes it easy to clean. The rice cooker also has an automatic shutoff function. When the cooker reaches the right temperature, a sensitive ferrite sensor system shuts off it automatically, ensuring that the rice is consistently perfect.
Since gas cookers are faster to heat up and cool down than electronic ones, to keep freshness, the rice would need to be removed immediately after cooking.
- Designed for quick cooking, this 55-cup pot (10 liters) cooks rice in just a few minutes.
- It is easy to disassemble the cooking unit and clean it thoroughly. Incorporating sanitary engineering.
- When the pan is removed or misaligned from the base, the main burner is automatically shut off.
How Do Commercial Rice Cookers Work?
Has it ever occurred to you that restaurants never run out of rice when you dine in them? However, they do own a commercial rice cooker, not a magical pot that dispenses endless rice.
A commercial rice cooker works just like your usual rice cooker; they only differ in that they can cook enormous quantities of rice simultaneously. Electric rice cookers and gas rice cookers are both available. Both types of commercial rice cookers are used in food establishments for producing and delivering rice.
A commercial cooker can not only cook large quantities of rice at once, but also keep the food warm, so it does not send the food to consumers cold and hard. Their other kitchen technologies, such as an oven, are supplemented by these cookers
How To Choose The Best Commercial Rice Cookers?
With so many appliances on the market, choosing the right one can be challenging and overwhelming. Keeping in mind that you may need to consider many important factors to consider, so, we have included many important factors to consider, including:
You don’t have to cook and clean your kitchen all day since you’re shopping for a commercial rice cooker. Thus, you won’t dislike your job because of a product that requires high maintenance.
It is therefore advisable to choose models with removable nonstick pots so you can maintain a clean environment with ease. Stainless steel is the exterior material of most of the products on our list, which makes them corrosion-resistant and durable.
Often, this is overlooked when figuring out what gadget you need for your commercial kitchen. In contrast, a modern design fits right into your kitchen while adding a touch of style and elegance. This appliance doesn’t require any technical expertise or a lengthy learning curve. In addition to being convenient to store and maneuver, rice cookers and warmers should be functional.
3. Build Quality
It’s as simple as the quality of construction determines the durability of this appliance. You can expect many years of use from products made of high-quality materials such as stainless steel or aircraft aluminum. Hence, buying a premium product should take the build quality into consideration. Otherwise, you might end up throwing it out after a few days.
You won’t find a rice cooker among the most expensive appliances in your kitchen, but it is still an appliance. Cookers should last at least a few months before they must be replaced. Make sure that any kitchen appliances you purchase come with a guarantee. As a result, the producer guarantees that your purchase will work; otherwise, you’ll get a refund, a replacement, or a return.
5. Brand choice
Making a better decision is naturally influenced by the brand. To begin with, you must determine which brands are more trustworthy and well-known. These are some of the best rice cooker brands;
- Hamilton Beach
- Instant Pot
There are also a variety of other options available. The best way to determine whether a brand is worth investing in is to read some customer and professional reviews.
Gas cookers are primarily known for their authenticity. As a result, the rice tends to have a more rich, more authentic flavor, which is especially appealing to sushi enthusiasts. In a gas cooker, the heat is generated directly by the flame, which will speed up the cooking process. A gas stovetop, however, requires a lot of maintenance. Ensure that the burners and pipes are regularly cleaned to avoid clogging.
Investing in a gas cooker such as the Paloma PR-10DSS is a great idea.
Cooking with an electric cooker is simple since it warms the entire pot at once. The product creates less heat, is easier to handle, and is more eco-friendly. In comparison to a gas cooker, rice has a smaller chance of being burned. It is easier for businesses to control the heat with electric cookers since the heat can be controlled more precisely. Moreover, they are portable, making them convenient to carry around.
There is naturally a larger volume of rice available in commercial rice cookers than in standard rice cookers. The biggest will be around 55 cups, with most starting at 20 cups. The Tiger JNO-A36U-XB, and Zojirushi NYC-36 both can handle a 20-cup volume, whereas Aroma ARC-1024E as well as Paloma PR-10DSS can handle larger volumes up to 48 or 55 cups.
You should keep in mind that special rice measuring cups are different sizes from traditional measuring cups. Choose a rice cooker that contains measurements on the inside of its bowl or a rice cooker that comes with its own measuring cup. A measuring cup of any other type won’t work for this.
9. Warming option
You don’t have to constantly monitor a rice cooker, which is one of its greatest advantages. Your rice will be cooked according to a preset timer in the cooker.
Whether you’re preparing the rest of your meal or you aren’t going to eat the rice immediately, the rice cooker will keep it warm. When it’s time to remove it, the rice won’t be overcooked, but it will remain at the right temperature. Keep-warm settings are automatically enabled on some models but must be turned on manually on others.
Cooking the rice evenly is made possible by heat. Rice will not cook as well if the rice cooker does not heat every corner. It is suitable to heat directly. A hinged lid cooker made of stainless steel also performs well. It is important for the inner part of the rice cooker to heat up quickly. Cooking takes longer with slow heat.
11. Multitasking function
It’s best if your rice cooker can multitask with other products, as they are often used in busy restaurants and cafes. Soup, stew, and even steamed vegetables can be prepared in many commercial rice cookers. Having your other dishes done in the same cooker will help you save time on cleanup since you won’t have to use another one.
12. Color coding system
You should look for a rice cooker with a color-coded system when buying a commercial rice cooker. Home models usually have only two different LEDs one to show whether the machine is on or off, while commercial units should have three -one red, one yellow, and one green.
Whenever the device is red, it means it is on and generating heat. Using the included serving spoon, you should remove your cooked food from the machine once it has turned yellow. Green means you’re ready to eat since everything went smoothly!
Rice cookers made for commercial use have specific colors for specific functions since they are designed to be used by a large number of employees with different roles and responsibilities. It is possible to keep everyone informed during the entire cooking process by using a color-coded system.
How To Maintain a Commercial Rice Cooker?
Keep your commercial rice cooker up-to-date, and always make sure it is being used safely to extend its lifespan.
- It is always a good idea to unplug your cooker from the outlet after cleaning or storing it. If you touch a hot cooker, you might burn yourself. Make sure it is cool before you touch it.
- Using lukewarm water and a dishwasher is the best way to clean the cooker. Detergents can discolor the pot, so stay away from them. The non-stick coating will be removed with harsh abrasives, which should also be avoided.
- Before you use the pot again, make sure it is completely dry. The non-stick coating may discolor or be removed if the cooker is still wet.
- Keep the heating plate and pot rim clean by wiping them with a damp cloth. Detergent should not be used on the hot plate because food particles can cause problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a sticky rice be cooked in a commercial rice cooker?
Rice cookers are capable of making sticky rice! Even sticky rice can be prepared faster and easier with a rice cooker. Making it requires only water and salt, and it takes very little time. You can soak the rice for a longer time to make it stickier, or you can not soak the rice so that it becomes heavier.
Can a regular rice cooker be used in a restaurant?
A regular one is not recommended in a restaurant because of the possibility of breaking under heavy loads of rice. Rice cookers are used continuously throughout the day, so a commercial rice cooker would be a better choice for handling long shifts and large loads.
Can jasmine rice be cooked in a restaurant rice cooker?
Using a cooker is also an option for making jasmine rice. A 1:1 ratio of rice to water is placed in the cooker. You are going to set your cooker to the white rice option, which is an automated option. Wait 10-20 minutes after the rice is done cooking in the cooker. Your rice is ready to serve when it has been fluffed gently with a spoon.
What are the required accessories with the cooker?
The accessories that come with a commercial rice cooker make it easy and comfortable for you to cook rice. In the package, you will find rice spatulas, measuring cups, steam trays, etc. Using these tools makes cooking easier and more efficient.
Does the digital control panel work?
I am very happy with the performance of the digital control panel. Cooking with the cooker will be convenient and flexible due to its multiple cooking options. Using the LED screen, you can check the cooking progress and set the time.
Can I cook all grain at a time?
Rice and other grains come in a variety of varieties. There are different cooking times for different grains when you cook them all. It may take between 20 and 30 minutes depending on the grain
Can I open the lid while cooking?
The spatula can be used to move the rice once you open the lid. Cooking lids should not be kept open for long periods of time. There will be an uneven cooking of the rice if the rice cooker does not heat up properly.
How to cook fish or meat on the rice cooker?
A multipurpose rice cooker is the best commercial rice cooker. In addition to cooking fish, it is also suitable for cooking meat. Using boiling water, steam the fish and meat once it reaches the right temperature. The rice cooker will cook meat to perfection.
There is no doubt that the very well-rounded Rinnai 55 Cups Natural Gas Rice is the best overall commercial rice cooker. The trustworthy quality restaurant cooker has a wide range of features, such as safety, ease of use, and portability. It is not only functional but also stylish, with all the features you need to use and maintain it without hassle.
Hamilton offers a heavy-duty model, the Hamilton Beach 37590 Commercial, for those looking for something a little tougher. You can use it in your restaurant kitchen because it’s large enough for a large establishment and is reliable, quick, and safe.
In terms of budget rice cookers, the Aroma Housewares 60-Cup would be the best choice. Rice cookers like this one are simple and easy to use and is a great option for caterers as well as small restaurants. Despite its simplicity, affordability, and efficiency, it is a convenient kitchen appliance.