Healthlytalks.com is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here
When the “dog days” of summer roll around, humans find ways to keep cool, but what about our pets?
No matter what kind of dog you have, whether it’s a Saint Bernard or a Pomeranian. Heat is a threat to dogs as well as to humans. The way we sweat is different from the way our four-legged dog animal do. The temperature control system in dogs isn’t as good as it is in humans, so we must make sure they are comfortable all the time.
When exposed to extreme heat, dogs may suffer from heatstroke and dehydration. Dogs suffering from this condition may lose consciousness due to disorientation, excessive panting, agitation, and depression. If not treated immediately, heatstroke can lead to death.
Keep your dog inside the house when it’s extremely hot to keep him cool. It is imperative that the dog house is of high quality if you want to provide shade. Well-constructed enclosures can provide a cool oasis away from harsh weather conditions.
There are, however, some houses that are better than others. When you’re looking for the best dog house for hot weather, we should talk about the things to consider that I have mentioned below when looking at some products on the market. I hope the detailed review will help you
12 Best Dog House For Hot Weather
1. Lucky Dog Stay Series Studio
2. Suncast Outdoor Dog House with Door
3. Suncast DH250 Durable Resin Snap Together Dog House
4. Giantex Dog House for Medium Small Dogs
5. Wood Dog Houses Outdoor Insulated
6. Tangkula Pet Dog House, Wooden Pet Kennel
7. Petmate Precision Extreme Outback Log Cabin Dog House
8. Petsfit Wooden Dog Houses Weatherproof
9. MidWest Homes for Pets Eillo Folding Outdoor
10. Confidence Pet XL Waterproof Plastic Dog Kennel
11. TRIXIE Pet Products Rustic Dog House
12. Pet Zone Tuff-N-Rugged Weather-Resistant Dog House
1. Lucky Dog Stay Series Studio Jr. 4 x 4 x 4.3 Foot Black Powder Coat Steel Frame Villa Dog Kennel w/ Waterproof Canopy Roof and Single Gate Door
- Brand: Lucky Dog
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Color: Black
- Number of Doors: 1
- Number of Levels: 1
This waterproof outdoor dog house from Lucky Dog is welded wire and can be used with or without a top cover. The welded wire design of the pet house provides adequate ventilation during the summer for your dogs.
However, in colder months, the pet house cannot be used because its walls aren’t covered. The dog house features a door covered with iron grills to make entry and exit easy for the pet, and the hinges are properly positioned for easy operation.
Heavy-duty stainless steel material is used to construct this dog house. To prevent sharp edges, the joints are properly welded before the paint is applied, so it is rustproof and can withstand time.
Rain, snow, and sun are all protected by a steel roof frame and a waterproof trap cover that completely encloses the pet house.
In addition to UV protection, the roof cover will ensure the pet house remains safe for a longer period of time. It is easy to assemble the pet house without any tools, and it only takes a few minutes to complete.
- This Lucky Dog complete box kennel is made from heavy-duty steel and is perfect for use at home or in the office. To prevent your pet from being injured by sharp edges, wire mesh and steel bars are welded before coating.
- With 1.5″ raised legs, you can easily sweep or hose out the enclosure, preventing dirt buildup and ensuring your pet’s health.
- Your pet is fully protected from sun, rain, snow, and debris by the heavy-duty waterproof cover and steel roof frame.
- Elastic cords prevent the cover from stretching or breaking and keep it in place securely. Rather than accumulating on the roof, light snow, water, and debris run off due to the roof pitch.
- The dimensions of the cover are 4’L x 4’W x 4’6″H. Without the cover, the dimensions are 3.6’H.
- It uses pre-assembled modules that connect easily and quickly with hand-tightened clamps, so you don’t have to use any tools to assemble it! It is recommended to anchor to the ground.
2. Suncast Outdoor Dog House with Door – Water Resistant and Attractive for Small to Large Sized Dogs – Easy to Assemble – Perfect for Backyards
- Brand: Suncast
- Color: Taupe & Blue
- Material: Resin
- Target Species: Dog
- Item Weight: 26 Pounds
- Assembly Required: Yes
Unlike plastic dog houses, Suncast Outdoor Dog Houses are made from durable materials, so they won’t fade or rot. Designed to blend with your yard decor, the kennel has an attractive appearance and design.
The snap-together parts of this product make assembling it easy, so your pooch can immediately move in. The roof is removable for easy cleaning and has vents on the sides for better ventilation.
The door is made from vinyl, making it weather-resistant. There is no problem relocating this dog house if you need to. Portable and lightweight, it’s easy to carry. Dogs of all sizes can live in this home.
- Perfect for your backyard, patio, or deck, this stylish dog house can hold pets up to 70 pounds.
- A snap-together dog house makes it easy for your pet to move into their new home right away.
- This heavy-duty pet shelter is constructed from resin and features a crowned floor to protect your pet from all weather conditions.
- Your pet will benefit from an extra layer of security and insulation provided by this vinyl door (measures 11.75″ x 20.5″) that does not obstruct entry or exit.
- The contemporary design is easy to match with a wide range of outdoor décor, is fade-resistant, and is easy to keep clean, so you’ll enjoy years of quality use from it.
- Modern designs perfectly complement your patio or backyard furniture and decor.
- Its attractive appearance will last even in the harshest outdoor conditions, due to hardened plastic that resists fading, rusting, and rotting.
- A durable resin ensures strength and durability, and the snap-together components can be assembled without tools.
- Additional weather protection and animal protection is provided by a vinyl door.
3. Suncast DH250 Durable Resin Snap Together Dog House with Removable Roof, Brown
- Brand: Suncast
- Assembly Required: Yes
- Color: Taupe & Bronze
- Material: Resin
- Item Weight: 21.4 Pounds
When you have large breed dogs, you need a Suncast outdoor dog house for hot weather. It is an attractive, waterproof dog house that can be used effectively by large dogs, as well as small ones, to keep them cool and protected during the summer.A large breed dog weighing around 70 pounds can fit comfortably in the product, which is made of high-quality plastic material.
Decks, patios, and backyards can all benefit from it. Additionally, the dog house is built with high-quality resin and crowned floors, making it sturdy and long-lasting. All weather elements and the environment will be kept out of the pet’s reach. Upon receiving the product, the manufacturer includes instructions that will guide users through the process of assembling the unit.
As far as the design is concerned, the pet house is quite attractive and has a modern design that fits modern decor well. As the pet house includes vinyl doors, the pups will have added insulation and security without being hindered from leaving and entering.
- It is ideal for backyards, terraces, and decks and is suitable for dogs up to 70 pounds
- There is a vinyl door included that is 11.75″ x 20.5″ in size, providing insulation and security without blocking the entrance or exit.
- You can quickly and easily assemble this dog house, so you can start enjoying it right away
- The heavy-duty resin construction makes this pet enclosure strong and durable, with a crowned floor that’s weather resistant
- This product has an appealing contemporary design that goes well with a variety of outdoor décor, as well as being fade-resistant and easy to clean so you can enjoy years of long-lasting use
4. Giantex Dog House for Medium Small Dogs, Waterproof Plastic Dog Houses with Air Vents and Elevated Floor, Easy to Assemble, Outdoor Cat House Feeding Station Indoor Patio Backyard Dog Kennel House
- Brand: Giantex
- Color: Blue & White
- Material: Plastic
- Item Weight; 14.5 Pounds
- Style: Modern
- Target Species: Dog
The Giantex Plastic Dog House is our fourth top pick for the best hot-weather dog house. Your dog will feel comfortable in this ventilated house because it helps stabilize the temperature inside. As well as adding airflow, it helps keep pets warm in the winter and cool in the summer because of the thermal balancing properties.
Buying this product will ensure that you get a high-quality product that lasts a long time. In addition to being weather-resistant and noncorrosive, the PP material makes it extremely durable. As well as an elevated floor, the doghouse has a drainage system to prevent water from entering.
With a detachable roof, you can easily access the interior of this house for cleaning, unlike other houses that can be difficult to clean. There are two sizes available for this option: a 28-inch high house and a 30-inch high house. To determine the best size for your dog, consult the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The dog house measures 27” x 25” x 28” (L x W x H) and is designed for small dogs. The entrance measures 8” x 17.5” (L x H). Dogs will stay warm during the winter and cool during the summer in this dog house. As well as storing their toys, it can also be used for storing their clothes.
- There is a three-inch floor rise to prevent rainwater from splashing inside. You can provide your dogs with a sturdy and warm shelter by putting a roof over them to keep them out of the rain, wind, and snow.
- It can also serve as a place for feral cats to leave food and water in a safe, dry, and protected environment, as well as a shelter for them.
- In addition, this house is very easy to put together and only requires 20 minutes of your time to build. The holes are predrilled, so aligning the parts is all that needs to be done.
- Stakes are provided to anchor the building to the ground, as well as all tools needed to assemble it.
- The manufacturer made these dog houses from high-quality materials that will ensure a long wearing life. It will provide a comfortable and safe environment for your dogs to play.
5. Wood Dog Houses Outdoor Insulated, Weatherproof Dog Houses Outside with Door Cute Wooden
- Brand: Rockever
- Color: Light Grey
- Material: Wood
- Assembly Required: Yes
In addition to being a great material for insulating heat, wood is also a great material for dog houses. The floor also stays cooler during hotter weather because it’s slightly elevated off the ground.
Hot weather will be kept out of the dog house in summer, and cold weather will be kept out in winter. The house has a similar interior temperature throughout the year, so your dog can stay comfortable throughout the year. You do not have to step foot into the house to clean those inconvenient corners since the roof lifts up for you to clean easily.
Furthermore, the dog house has a plastic-covered left-side window. We think it’s excellent for giving your dog a comfortable retreat in hot weather to remove this in summer so that better ventilation can be allowed.
- The product is recommended for animals in the following categories: small dogs under 30lbs, cats, and other animals of similar size.
- Designed to be easy to assemble, the pet house comes with all the necessary parts plus predrilled holes for easy assembly.
- It is impossible to split or break the stable structure once it is assembled correctly.
- By opening the roof, you can have access to the inside, allowing you to remove the bottom floor for cleaning with relative ease.
- It will be Amazon’s responsibility to handle the shipping. Please contact them freely if any parts are damaged and send them pictures of the damaged parts so that they can resolve the issue.
- Wooden dog houses are leak-proof, will survive in heavy rain, and have a sloped bottom floor and a v-shaped door flap to keep your dog dry and warm.
- In order to prevent rainfall from sitting on top, the roof is slanted. It is possible to remove the plastic window in summer so that it can be ventilated better. There is a vinyl flap on each house that can be taken off.
6. Tangkula Pet Dog House, Wooden Pet Kennel, Outdoor Weather Waterproof Pet House, Natural Wooden Dog House Home with Reddish Brown Roof, Pet Dog House
- Style: Heavy Duty
- Brand: Tangkula
- Color: Red & Natural
- Material: Fir wood +red asphalt+ Plastic feet
- Target Species: Dog
If you care about your pet, you should consider purchasing one of these shelters for it. It is designed for dogs of all sizes, whether they are small or medium-sized. Different types of dogs can benefit from this quality, which makes it versatile and suitable for a wide range of dogs.
Added value to your home is assured with its simple and beautiful design. There is a reddish-brown coloration throughout the rug, which would complement a garden or even just some grass on your property. Due to its left and right side asphalt rain roofs, snow and rain are not allowed into the kennel.
There are four legs attached firmly to the bottom of the house that raise the house above the ground. The house is welcoming and warm as you would want it to be. Aside from that, it provides your dog with a safe environment. Featuring heavy-duty construction and high-quality wood, it is made to last.
- Dog houses made of Tangkula are simple and beautiful, so they are perfect for your pets. Despite its reddish brown color, the overall house design blends seamlessly with the grass or garden around it.
- Playing or resting on it is completely free for your beloved dog. In addition to being a cozy home for your pet, it also adds a unique touch to your garden.
- Using the highest quality fir wood, we made the Tangkula dog house. It’s durable enough for your dog because it’s made from heavy-duty materials.
- Long-term use is possible with this item. A popular water-based paint is also applied to the outer surface, which is environmentally friendly and pet-safe.
- Tangkula dog houses are excellent pet houses. Your dog will love it. Small to medium dogs will find it perfect. Red and brown asphalt rain roofs protect the pet house from rain and snow on the left and right sides.
- In order to prevent moisture and cold from penetrating the dog house’s bottom, the house has four legs. Your dog will enjoy sleeping and resting in this area.
- The item will arrive at your house within 3-6 business days after you place your order with UPS or USPS. Please contact the manufacturer first and provide them with pictures of damaged parts if there is a missing or damaged part during shipping, they will fix the problem according to your preference.
- All the necessary accessories and tools are included in the Tangkula dog house for easy assembly. A clear and easy-to-understand manual makes it easy to assemble and use the item.
- There are four adjustable feet on the dog house and they can be adjusted slightly to accommodate uneven ground.
7. Petmate Precision Extreme Outback Log Cabin Dog House, Large, Natural Wood (7027013)
- Brand: PRECISION PET
- Color: Walnut/Dark Brown
- Material: Blend
- Item Weight: 8 Pounds
- Style: Extreme Outdoor Log Cabin
- Target Species: Dog
Larger dogs will benefit from this one, since it’s specifically designed for them. This dog house is also the best for cold and hot weather. This dog house will also last for a long time if you have a large dog.
The dog house is a cabin covered with a protective coating of high quality. Your dog will be protected from the elements by the slanted asphalt roof. Consequently, you can be sure that your pup will stay dry and safe even in wet weather conditions.
It’s easy to set up this heavy-duty dog house, even with its heavy-duty construction. It only takes three steps to set up the whole thing. With the offset door, you can ensure your pet enjoys peace and quiet from rain and wind.
Basically, you can use this dog house no matter what the weather is like, whether it’s cold or hot. As a side note, stainless-steel hardware is included in the dog house so it will continue to be strong and durable for a long time. As for its adjustable feet, you can use them if you plan on setting it up on uneven terrain.
There is also a smaller pet kennel available if you are interested in this type of enclosure. You can use it on multiple surfaces and in any yard because the feet can be adjusted.
Its roof and floor are what I love about it. Its roof is what really impresses me. The shelter is designed to keep my dog cool in the summer, but it is also an excellent shelter for rainy days. Water can be repelled from 98% of it, and it can be drained properly.
Aside from its durability, the house is top-notch in its construction and can be used in all types of weather. Overall, this is an excellent dog house that you can put your dog in any time!
- The cabin dog house is crafted with a waterproof coating, raised floor, and a slanted asphalt roof, keeping it in good condition. Three steps are required for assembly. Pets can escape wind and rain through an offset door.
- Pets will find a cozy & safe place to rest, nest & feed in Precision Pet’s wire crates, chicken coops, & rabbit hutches. The store also offers litter box accessories.
- The dimensions are 46.1″ x 32.7″ x 5.3″.
- The best way to ensure that your dog is safe and comfortable is to train him or her in crates & kennels. A wide range of traditional travel carriers and wire training kennels is available from us, along with playpens, barn-style dog houses, and more.
- This outdoor dog shelter is made from solid wood with stainless steel hardware for long-lasting durability. Large dog breeds can be accommodated in the outdoor dog house.
- The Petmate brand offers products for your furry friends, including dogs, cats, chickens & other small furries!
8. Petsfit Wooden Dog Houses Weatherproof for Small Dog Medium Dog Large Dogs Outdoor Dog Kennel with Raised Feet
- Size: Medium/40.8″ X 26″ X 27.6″
- Color: Light Grey
- Brand: Xiamen JXD E-Commerce Co., Ltd.
Stainless steel hardware and solid wood are the main features of the Petsfit Dog House. Keeping this kennel clean won’t be a problem.
An open roof and removable floor make this unit versatile. Your furbaby will be protected from the elements with the rainproof top and door flap.
Dog houses can be balanced on any surface with adjustable feet. During the summer, you can keep your pet cool and protected with the offset door and elevated floor. The product is available in three sizes: small, medium, and large.
- All panels are made from Finnish spruce, which makes them thicker than other panels. A sturdy outdoor dog shelter made with stainless steel hardware & strong asphalt shingles is sturdy and durable for long-term use.
- Assembling it is quick and easy because the holes have been predrilled. A 1-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty is offered by PETSFIT to ensure the quality of dog houses.
- An outdoor dog kennel with a removable floor, sturdy and easy to clean, features an additional support rail that makes it sturdy and easy to clean.
- A second support rail is also added on the bottom of the cage to keep pets more secure. You can shield your pets from the elements and keep them more comfortable at the same time.
- With its open-up roof and high-quality pneumatic braces, the cabin dog house features a protective design and a slanted asphalt roof to protect against the elements.
- You can get some blankets or bedding for them in winter, which will keep them warm. The open-up roof allows easy cleaning and airing out. PETSFIT Dog House Insulation Kits are also available.
- The size of this medium dog house is 40.8” L x26” W x 27.6” H/28.2” H with an interior size of 35”L x 19.7” W x 23” H/20.2” H. This product is best suited to medium-sized dogs weighing up to 60 pounds as an adult.
- Before buying a dog shelter, please make sure your pets are sized correctly.
- A dog’s surface is dry and airy, providing additional protection against harsh weather conditions. To create a level platform, an adjustable foot is provided.
9. MidWest Homes for Pets Eillo Folding Outdoor Wood Dog House
- Brand: MidWest Homes for Pets
- Color: Beige
- Material: Wood
- Item Weight: 28 Pounds
- Style: Small Dog House
- Assembly Required: Yes
You might want to consider the Eilio Outdoor Dog House if you’re looking for a wooden dog house. Small, medium and large dog breeds can all be accommodated with this option, which is available in three sizes.
Water-resistant stained wood, durable asphalt shingles, stainless steel hardware, and stained wood are used in the construction of this house. As well as providing cooling ventilation, an elevated base keeps your dog drier when it is raining or too wet to go outside.
The four legs of this house can each be independently adjusted to make it stable and level in a backyard that is not completely flat. When your product arrives at your home, you can simply unfold it and assemble it without any tools.
- With the Eilio outdoor dog house, you do not need to worry about tools. In fact, this dog house is fully assembled without the need for any tools. It is patented and can be assembled in seconds.
- This outdoor dog house features a large opening and spacious interior, so your dog can relax in comfort while protected from the elements.
- The smallest dog house they offer measures 21.74 inches long, 33.59 inches wide, and 25.28 inches high weighing 42 pounds. The house is suitable for small dog breeds weighing 25 pounds or less.
- Emilio’s feet are adjustable to create a level platform to improve air circulation in the kennel and to keep your pet dry. The base, which is elevated from the ground, provides a great surface for your dog to breathe and stay dry.
10. Confidence Pet XL Waterproof Plastic Dog Kennel Outdoor House
- Brand: Confidence
- Color: Brown
- Material: Plastic
- Target Species: Dog
- Item Weight: 29.5 Pounds
- Assembly Required: Yes
In addition to being made of plastic, this dog house has an ample amount of ventilation to keep it cool during the summer. Confidence Pet XL Waterproof Plastic Dog Kennel is another plastic dog house with plenty of ventilation.
Air is allowed to flow through the interior of the dog house, so it stays cool and comfortable both inside and outside. Additionally, compared to some of the other wood options, it is an extremely affordable option.
During the entire year, you can use the plastic exterior because it is waterproof. Water doesn’t get into the house during summer showers because the floor is raised.
Depending on the color of the roof, it will either be brown or green, and both colors reflect heat instead of absorbing it. In addition to preventing heat from getting trapped inside the house, white walls will also reflect heat.
In the event that any did get trapped, however, they would be quickly remedied by the vents. When it comes to a warm-weather dog house, this is a great option if you are on a budget.
- The manufacturer recommends bringing your dog into an indoor area during torrential rainfall due to the re-engineered design.
- A large room for your dog with a lot of internal volumes.
- It is important that you confirm that the dimensions of the product are suitable for your pet before you purchase it.
- Your pet will enjoy a comfortable, personal space made of tough and durable plastic.
- There are 2 air vents. This entryway is easy to assemble. The size of the entrance is 14 x 24.5 inches (XL).
11. TRIXIE Pet Products Rustic Dog House
- Size: 51 x 41.25 x 39.25 inch
- Color: Wood
- Brand: TRIXIE
- Product Dimensions: 51.18 x 39.37 x 41.34 inches; 2.2 Pounds
The construction of this dog house is an example of creativity at its best. Dogs and owners will both enjoy its design.
This dog house offers everything a dog could want so that the dog can spend more time in it comfortably. Its solid pine construction ensures weather resistance, so you can even allow your dog to lay on it. In addition to tongue-and-groove design, drafts are prevented by tongue-and-groove.
Air can be circulated better by removing the raised floor. The pet will be more comfortable that way. Furthermore, it can be easily maintained whenever necessary because of the removable floor. A level shelter is always maintained by adjusting the feet so they can level the house on uneven terrain.
Suitable for dogs up to 70 pounds in weight, this dog house is ideal for dogs of medium size. A locking arm is located on the roof. It is therefore possible to open it from the top if you so desire. The house would certainly be comfortable for your dog. During the summer, dogs can rest on the floor of the exterior, which extends from the building’s exterior.
- You may receive more than one box of the item and it might arrive in different boxes.
- With a removable raised floor and adjustable feet, the shelter can be leveled on uneven ground while maintaining air circulation.
- Item 39592 is a Trixie plastic dog door that can be purchased separately.
- A 2locking arm on the roof allows it to be opened from above while the floor can be easily removed for maintenance.
- A labrador or a similar medium-sized dog weighing up to 70 pounds would be appropriate for this product.
- With a raised ground level, air circulates below to maintain a dry air environment; adjustable feet ensure a level shelter on uneven terrain.
- The tongue-and-groove construction of solid pine provides a draft-resistant design that is weatherproof.
12. Pet Zone Tuff-N-Rugged Weather-Resistant Dog House. (Durable, Double Walled Plastic Dog House) [Outdoor Dog House, Indoor Dog House, Large Dog House]
- Brand: Pet Zone
- Color: Brown
- Material: Plastic
- Style: Adjustable
- Target Species: Dog
- Item Weight: 419.2 Ounces
Your dog can stay cool on hot days and warm on cold days with the Our Pets Tuff-N-Rugged Dog House. In order to keep the temperature comfortable, the house has double walls designed for insulation. This dog house is extremely well-insulated.
Your furry friend will also benefit from the adjustable air vents, which ensure sufficient ventilation throughout the house. This house was constructed using durable plastic materials. Furthermore, this item’s durable plastic is UV-resistant and fade-resistant, contributing to its longevity.
With this dog kennel, you don’t need any tools to put it together once it’s delivered. It also has a detachable roof to make it easy to clean. A dog weighing up to 125 pounds would be best suited to this house.
- Keeps pets cool in the summer and warm in the winter with a double-wall design. Adjustable vents for proper ventilation.
- You don’t need any tools for assembly. It can be used immediately once it is assembled. The roof can be detached for easy cleaning.
- Heavy-duty materials create a durable enclosure that will provide your pet with protection against the elements. Color that resists fading and protects against UV rays
- The size of the interior is 27 ¾” Height x 27 ¼” Width x 36 ½” Length. This product is ideal for medium-sized and large dogs up to 125 pounds.
- With durable plastic for years of quality use, this product is proudly Made in the USA.
Different Kinds Of Hot Weather Dog Houses?
- Wooden Dog House. There is a high level of quality in the wood material used in the traditional dog house. Wooden dog houses are constructed with redwood and cedar as the primary materials.
- Metal Dog House. There aren’t many brands that design dog houses out of metal, so this is a rare type. A dog house’s overall weight is increased by the weight of metal.
- Plastic Dog House. There are some branded dog houses that are constructed with plastic materials. With a variety of design and style patterns, they are lightweight and low-maintenance.
- Fiberglas Cave Dog House. The dog house is made from fiberglass material, which is the most advanced type. In the heat of the day, the dog is kept comfortable in this enclosure because it is transparent and heavily insulated.
Why Do You Need a Dog House For Hot Weather?
The dog house is important due to many things as the ground temperature varies by climate, which makes it ideal for dogs to play on it. During the summer months, it can be extremely hot. The dog’s feet won’t be exposed to the ground temperature, so they won’t lose heat automatically when inside a dog house.
You need to know that dogs sweat excessively, in larger quantities than humans. Due to their location around the footpads, dogs have difficulty cooling themselves off due to sweat glands.
It is important for dogs to be able to cool down quickly, so the dog house is designed to provide sufficient ventilation. You can keep your pups cool during the summer with the cool breeze created by AC or fan units.
How To Choose The Best Dog House For Hot Weather?
You’ll want to take into consideration a few factors when choosing the best dog house for hot weather. It is important to choose a dog kennel that fits your pup’s needs since not all are the same. Before you make a purchase, you’ll want to keep a few key things in mind. Check out our buying guide below to learn what you need to keep in mind.
Choosing a dog house that is vented is essential when you are looking for a dog house for hot weather. The dog house in which your dog lives could quickly become overheated without proper ventilation. Your dog will be more comfortable in kennels that allow for air circulation or ventilation.
It is important to choose a dog house made from quality materials. For portable options, wood, thick plastic, or heavy-duty fabrics can be used. Your dog needs a house that can last a long time, so whatever you purchase, you should feel confident that you’re getting what you paid for.
Choosing an elevated kennel may be the best choice for you. Raised dog houses can also promote airflow and circulation since they are elevated off the ground. If the ground is wet or the weather is rainy, an elevated house won’t allow water to enter as easily.
Finally, do not forget to look at the overall dimensions and size of each dog house you consider buying. If you want your dog to have enough space to roam, make sure the house is big enough. If you do decide to build a dog house, make sure it’s small enough that your dog will feel safe and secure inside.
It is best to use light-colored materials for your dog house during the summer. The inside of the dog house will stay cooler if the materials are light-colored rather than absorb the sunlight.
If you choose a dog house with a dark roof, you will be able to keep your dog more comfortable inside since the heat will be trapped within. Choose a dog house made of white or light gray materials if you intend to use it in the summer.
Dog houses won’t last for many years if they can’t withstand even a couple of hours of your puppy, they won’t last very long.
If you’re not around to watch your dog, your dog house needs to be made of durable materials that can handle chewing, scratching, and whatever else he gets up to.
Puppies will require a dog house with a higher level of durability than older dogs who do little other than relax all day. It’s easy to tell whether durability is important when you watch your pooch’s liveliness.
The fact that your dog is calmer does not mean durability should never be considered. When you let your furry friend jump into the dog house, the building needs to be strong and reliable.
It is surprising how affordable dog houses can be. There are lots of products under $100 available on the market. There are a lot of good products in this price range on our list.
What do you get from more money? Real estate is often the source of problems. The cost of a larger house tends to be higher naturally. Furthermore, you may be able to obtain better materials or a more creative concept with it. One of the products featured a front porch, which was a unique design element. The feature isn’t absolutely necessary, but it could be fun.
Wood is also more expensive than other materials.
8. The Setup
There are very few pre-assembled dog houses on the market. If you plan to buy a dog house, you are bound to have some work to do. However, even people with little tool experience can usually put it together fairly easily.
Several of the dog houses on this list were constructed using a snap-on system. There are no tools required for this type of build, and you can complete it in a matter of minutes.
There will be a bit more work required for other units (usually made from wood). It may be necessary to use basic tools to assemble these products (screwdrivers and drills, possibly). If you aren’t interested in that kind of work, you might want to investigate how a unit is assembled before purchasing.
9. Insulating Materials
We are providing this guide to help you find products that will provide your dog with comfort in hot weather. Dog houses are also good for cold weather due to the same factors that make them good for heat. All it takes is a little bit of insulation to ensure a stable temperature in the dog house no matter what happens outside.
It’s possible to accomplish this goal in a variety of ways, but some stand out for their effectiveness. It’s a great idea to have an asphalt roof on your dog’s house in order to keep it at a comfortable temperature. As well as absorbing heat, this material prevents the heat from escaping.
This goal can also be achieved with flaps. It is easy for your dog to get in and out of the dog house with flaps made of thick rubber, and they will keep warm air in the dog house as well. The best protection against a variety of weather situations should be acquired even if you live in a mostly stable climate.
It should go without saying that your dog should not eat its dog house. You’re pretty likely to see them chew on it from time to time, however. The materials of your dog house should not be toxic if you have a pup with idle teeth.
You can easily figure out this important consideration. On most dog houses, it will be stated that they are non-toxic. You can always contact the manufacturer if you’re concerned.
There are a variety of dog houses available, from modern designs to dome-shaped dog houses to canopy-style dog houses. In terms of modern/classic dog houses, they hold an appealing look while remaining durable and also manage to be suitable for all weather conditions.
Winter is the perfect time to build an igloo dog house with a dome shape. Furthermore, it is strong enough to stand up to even the strongest winds. The importance of canopy houses increases during the summer months. Right now, all they need is a cool breeze and some shade from the hot sun. With its open walls, this house resembles an umbrella.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you keep a doghouse cool in the summer?
If you want your dog house to stay cool and to avoid exposure to the scorching sun while it’s outside, place it in a shady area. A tarp can be used instead of a tree if there is none nearby.
Then make sure that there is enough airflow within the house by ventilating it as much as possible. It’s easy to find vinyl doghouses with vents around the roof’s edges or ones with a closable vent at the top.
By putting sturdy blocks evenly underneath the dog house, the house can be raised above the ground. A cooling effect will be achieved by allowing air to circulate beneath the house.
In addition to a cooling bed for your dog, you should also purchase one. There are a few of these beds that have zipped compartments where you can store ice. An air conditioner can also be installed in the doghouse.
How can I put my outside dog cool in extreme heat?
Your dog can stay perfectly cool in extreme heat by doing a number of things. If you want to give it a little relief, you might want to offer it a wet towel or an ice pack to rest on.
If you want to provide cool water for your dog, you can provide him with a shallow wading pool. If you are taking a walk, you could bring a collapsible water dish along with you. A dish filled with cold water would be even better if ice cubes were added.
What is the best dog house for outdoors?
Petsfit dog houses are the best dog houses for outdoor use. Almost any backyard would look great with this sleek and simple design. There are three sizes available, so you can choose based on the size of your dog or your taste, to match any décor. The rectangular design matches any décor.
How can I heat my dog house?
A dog house can be heated outdoors in good weather without too much difficulty. It is possible to use heating pads that are temperature controlled. The most efficient and safest method is probably this one. As a result of the even heat distribution and the lack of short-circuiting, these heating pads are not a potential hazard for users.
Hay bedding can be used more economically. The dog house floor can be kept warm when it gets cold by adding multiple layers of long-stem grass hay. It will also help to retain heat inside the house if the house is well-insulated and carpeted.
When you are able to afford it, you should also purchase a stand-alone heating unit. You will be able to effectively heat your dog house. Alternatively, you can make your doghouse green by using solar power.
How can I keep my dogs house cool in the summer?
Allow cool air to flow beneath it by placing it under the shade and raising it with blocks.
What is the best dog house for hot weather?
Two of the best dog houses for hot weather are on the list above. Petsfit outdoor dog houses are the first one. If you’re looking for a dog house for the summer, this is a good choice. The Trixie Pet Products Rustic Dog House is another excellent choice for hot-weather dogs. If the weather warms up, it will provide a nice place for your dog to cool off.
How can I cool my dog’s house?
If you can afford one, you can use the air conditioner, but if you can’t afford then here are 9 ways to keep cool your dog house
Does a dog house need ventilation?
That’s right, it does. Dog houses with ventilation are very common.
Lucky Dog Stay Series Studio is our top pick after evaluating the products and comparing them to our criteria. There is a good deal of protection from weather extremes with this shelter. The structure is constructed from plywood and timber, and the insulation is styrofoam.
There are openings in the roof and elevated floor to allow air circulation, which keeps the kennel well-ventilated. Dogs of most sizes will be accommodated by their extra-large size. The hinged roof can be opened or the floor can be removed for easy cleaning. A sturdy floor support beam makes this dog house ideal for hot weather.
The dog house reviews we’ve provided have hopefully helped you choose the right one for your furry buddy. In spite of the fact that we liked each of the 12 options we reviewed, we believe that the Suncast Outdoor Dog House with Door is the 2nd best choice for dogs during the summer months.
In the Suncast Outdoor Dog House with Door, your dog will have plenty of space to roam, as well as ventilated walls. In addition to being durable, this house is also extremely easy to clean, and it is easy to assemble. Neither you nor your dog will be disappointed with this option. We think both of you will be very happy with it!
While my 3rd favorite recommended product is Suncast DH250 Durable Resin Snap Together Dog House. It is easy to install, designed to be lightweight and beautiful and it is suitable for large dogs. Most importantly it is the best option for budget-friendly Users.
Our recommendation for keeping your dog cool in the heat is based on the features mentioned above.