Healthlytalks.com is reader-supported. We may earn a commission through products purchased using links on this page. Learn more about our process here
You want to buy an inflatable paddle board on a budget, but what should you look for? If you want a SUP that will last and won’t start falling apart after a year, then you should not buy a cheap one. We’ve compiled this list of our top picks for the best inflatable paddle board under $500 because we know what you need.
On this list are iSUPs that we guarantee meet your specifications of construction quality, warranty coverage, customer service quality, and high performance. Find out in this buyer’s guide what paddle boards have in common versus what they differ from, plus you’ll find out what you’d gain if you spent more.
Three brands offer a wide range of boards that make up our top picks for 2022. The full lineups of iROCKER SUP, and GILI Sports are available here: iROCKER SUP, GILI Sports, and many others brand.
That being said, let’s begin.
9 Best Inflatable Paddle Board Under $500
1. BOTE Wulf Inflatable Paddle Board
2. Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards
3. Outroad Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
4. GILI Air Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
5. MOUSA Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards
6. DAMA 9’6″/10’6″/11′ Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
7. ADVENOR Paddle Board 11’x33 x6 Extra Wide Inflatable
8. Freein Stand Up Paddle Board Kayak SUP
9. iROCKER Nautical Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
1. BOTE Wulf Inflatable Paddle Board, Stand Up Paddleboard with Accessories, Aluminum Paddle, iSUP Travel Bag, Paddle Board Pump, SUP Leash, Fin (10’4″ Native Floral)
- Sport Type: SUP Paddling, Paddle Boarding
- Brand: BOTE
- Material: Polyvinyl Chloride
- Color: Native Floral
- Item Weight: 20 Pounds
BoTE has introduced the Wulf as their entry-level board. In a lower cost, more stable package, it offers the same features and quality that BOTE is known for. Wulf uses BOTE AeroUltra technology for its one-layer PVC construction. As a result, this board has a little more stiffness than most single-level entry-level boards.
There is an embossed B pattern on the deck pad of the board to provide a good grip and feel. A bungee and seven D-Rings are included for securing the board. A kayak seat cannot be mounted on it because there are too few D-Rings.
There is a double action pump, aluminum paddle, leash, and carry bag included with the Wulf. Among the best hand pumps, we’ve seen with modes switchable by knob is the double action pump. There is no fiberglass paddle and no wheeled bag included in this board, which is not uncommon for boards at this price.
In our opinion, the Wulf is best suited to beginner paddlers who are most concerned about their stability. In addition to being 33 inches wide, the Wulf has a good tail width, which allows it to be stable at a distance.
Having 3 fins helps the board track well at low speeds and maintain balance once it gets going. Although the Wulf isn’t going to win any speed competitions, it still glidings well on flat water and is very competitive with most other ten-foot 6-inch all-around boards.
In addition to its good looks and good construction, the Wulf is a fun and easygoing board that is great for beginners.
- As an inflatable stand-up paddle board for adults, it is lightweight and portable thanks to its AeroULTRA technology.
- Keep your paddle board secure and connected to the shoreline with the leash included, and hold a waterproof bag with the bungee cords on the front.
- A 10’4″ Wulf Aero Inflatable Paddle Board, a 3-piece adjustable paddle, a 10″ aero fin that can be removed, a repair kit for the board, a hand pump, a travel bag, as well as a coiled leash are included.
- These paddle boards are made to high standards and provide a two-year warranty.
- An inflatable paddle board that is supremely stable: The WULF has a 33″ width, which makes the board easy to handle for both adults and children.
2. Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards with Premium SUP Paddle Board Accessories, Wide Stable Design, Non-Slip Comfort Deck for Youth & Adults
- Brand: Roc
- Material: Quad Core PVC
- Color: Multi
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 120 x 33 x 6 inches
- Item Weight: 17.5 Pounds
A great and easy-to-use iSUP that offers excellent value tops our list of the best paddle boards under $500. The inflatable stand up paddle board is known as the ROC Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board (iSUP). In order to find out why this paddleboard should be the first contender on this list, let’s take a closer look at it.
This inflatable SUP is made from military-grade materials and is as rock-solid as a rock. This iSUP, therefore, has a lifetime warranty. Featuring military-grade material and an EVA diamond deck pad, this paddleboard can be maneuvered easily and provides comfort for users. Hence, you will not have any problem paddling with this iSUP regardless of your level of experience.
A major plus with iSUPs at this price point is the availability of comprehensive accessory packs. This iSUP also comes as a complete package, just like most of the others we have tested.
There are three fins included in the package: one removable fin and two fixed fins. The coil safety leash, collapsible aluminum paddles, hand pumps, and the coil safety leash. A waterproof bag and upgraded backpack are also included with this inflatable paddle board. In contrast, the included backpack is made from an easy-to-tear material, which makes it less reliable than other accessories.
ROC inflatable paddleboards are extremely durable because their manufacturing is rock-like. Even though this paddleboard has rock-like construction, it weighs only 17.5 pounds, making it the lightest on our list. So, if you’re looking for an iSUP on a budget and have trouble handling heavy weights, this one is perfect.
In addition to being durable, the iSUP is also extremely reliable because of its double-layered deck, reinforced core, and three fins. A plastic clip can be used to secure the fins in place, so you can attach them with a clip. A three-layer PVC laminate is the only technology used on this paddle board under $500. Therefore, you can’t puncture or scratch it easily, so at this price point, it’s an excellent value.
- Military-grade material is used for the construction of Roc’s premium inflatable paddle boards. Using the same materials as boards that cost twice as much, the brand provides the most durable lightweight boards on the market.
- You get everything you need to start enjoying the water right away when you purchase a board.
- A few of the factors that make Roc Paddle Boards the best paddling board company in the US are.
- A 1-year manufacturer’s warranty is provided free of charge by this company, as we stand behind the quality of our products. As Roc is a leader in fun and quality, you can trust it.
- We have designed this board to be an amazing all-around board for riders of all skill levels due to its extra-wide design. These kits are suitable for use in freshwater lakes, rivers, and oceans.
- Only 17.5 pounds make our board the lightest in the industry, which is 20% lighter than the competition.
- With a weight limit of 350 pounds and dimensions of the board has a 10′ long by 33″ wide and 6″ thick. As well as humans, pets enjoy them as well
3. Outroad Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board 10’6″ x 32″ x 6″ Ultra-Light Stand-Up Paddleboards with Premium SUP Accessories and Backpack, Non-Slip Deck for Youth and Adult, Orange/Mint Green
- Brand: OUTROAD OUTDOOR CAMPING GARDEN PATIO
- Material: PVC
- Color: Orange
- Skill Level: All
- Sport Type: SUP Paddling
A model like this also breaks the mold from a measurement standpoint. Although it is 10.5 feet long, it is 32 inches wide, a size that is wider than the typical 30 inches. In addition, it is quite lightweight, weighing just 17.6 pounds.
Conversely, it only has a 200-pound weight capacity, which is low when compared to others. Due to this, this option is only available to kids and slimmer riders, not to heavier riders. The cost is still lower than many of the comparable options, at just under $330.
There are a variety of items included with it. With such a small model, the amount of storage you can get is another question. The touch is still nice. A backpack is included with this model.
If you have previously purchased an Outroad backpack, this is an upgraded version of earlier versions. Inflating the board is also made easier with the help of a hand air pump and a PSI gauge.
The bottom fin is only one instead of the three offered by other models, however, this shouldn’t be an issue. As well as a repair kit, it comes with a patch kit.
After deflating and rolling up the unit, it weighs 36 lbs, still heavier than usual for an inflatable. The PVC material makes this option durable and easy to carry anywhere, and it can still be reasonably convenient to carry around.
- This product is constructed of top-quality PVC and constructed using drop-stitching. It is durable and safe to use for a long time. There is a foot leash attached to the front deck for safety, and it’s equipped with high-quality bungee.
- The size of the SUP is 126″ long, 32″ wide, and 6″ thick. The body weight limit is 300 pounds. The length of the aluminum paddle is 66.5 inches, and it is adjustable between 66.5 inches and 82.5 inches. The net weight of the SUP is 17.6 pounds.
- It includes a front bungee for storage, a backpack upgraded with compression straps, an air pump with a PSI gauge, a repair kit, one bottom fin, and a deluxe lightweight paddle.
- You can keep pumping the air pump all the time to see if the pointer moves if you use an inflator to inflate yourself. Mechanical air pumps, however, are more convenient and labor-saving and can be used for inflated vehicles.
- Inflate the SUP board and the pointer will change obviously when it’s inflated by the air pump on the machine.
- Contact the manufacturer if you have any problems with this. They will get back to you within 7/24 hours and provide the solution. Bringing happiness to customers is the goal of manufacturers, and they stand behind the quality of boards.
- When deflated, the board weighs only 36 pounds, making it convenient for storage and transportation. In addition, the board has a carry handle that makes moving it outside easy.
4. GILI Air Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board Package: All Around SUP 10’6/11’6 Long x 32″ Wide x 6″ Thick | Lightweight & Durable, Stable & Wide Stance | Tri-fin Setup and Accessories
- Brand: GILI
- Material: Polyvinyl Chloride
- Item Weight: 19 Pounds
- Color: Coral
- Sport Type: SUP Paddling, SUP Fishing
With the GILI Air, GILI enters a highly competitive market for budget inflatable SUPs. Action mounts, diamond groove deck pad, and a nice bag are some of the features this board comes with. In addition to supporting marine animals and ocean cleanup, GILI SUPs donate a portion of their proceeds to charities.
There are two sizes available for the GILI AIR. There are two 10’6″ and 11’6″ models. Larger paddlers over 200 pounds should choose the 11’6″. This board measures 32 inches wide with substantial volume front and back for stability. New paddlers and beginners who need a stable board will benefit from the board.
A two-layer PVC construction is used in the AIR. The stiffness is okay. A board with a woven or three layers will flex more under 200 lbs than a board with a stiffer weave or three layers. This SUP is well constructed, looks great, and feels very high quality, which is beyond what you would expect for a $500 purchase.
Fliplock fins can be removed from the board to allow it to be used as a three-fin setup. In comparison to the standard dolphin fin that most boards come with, the center fin is a 9-inch racing/touring design. It is possible to paddle this board with no side fins on flat water once you have practiced paddling.
Seats and accessories can be mounted using the 18 D-rings and 3 action mounts on the board. In addition to kayak conversions and fishing rod holders, GILI offers a wide range of accessories for this board. In addition, there are seven handles to make it easier to carry. The board weighs 19 pounds, making it easy to carry.
At this price point, you should expect the accessories to be decent. There are molle loops for attaching things on the bag, as well as good padding. Wheels are not available or can’t be added to the bag. One of the major drawbacks of the board is that it comes with an aluminum paddle. Pumping action is handled by a standard double-action pump.
- Strong, durable and portable: This may not ding, dent, or break because it is constructed from cross-stitched, reinforced PVC. With a 6″ thick board for stability, this iSUP package is super portable and simple to transport.
- Just throw it into your car or take it with you on an airplane. There is no need to store it on the roof or in your garage!
- GILI 10’6 Air SUP comes with GILI Travel Paddle, GILI Inflatable Backpack, GILI 2-Stage Hand Pump, GILI 10′ Coiled Leash, and GILI Snap-In Center Find – everything you need to get paddling.
- With the backpack strapped on, you’ll have everything you need to get out on the water in no time!
- Design perfect for sup yoga and sharing: Large diamond traction pad: perfect for 4-legged friends or bringing a 4-legged friend with you.
- Easily access your gear with the 6-Point Front Bungee.
- Transport and maneuverability are made easy with the nose and center grab handles. This brand provides an ultra-secure fin box so that you don’t have to use any tools to attach it 9″ Snap-In Fin.
- Fast and easy inflation with a two-stage pump. With the Adjustable Travel Paddle, you can adjust the height to fit you. It breaks down into three pieces.
- The board and accessories are transported in a comfortable iSUP backpack.
- A perfect blend of weight, balance, and size: 10’6 x 31″ x 6″ the ideal all-around paddle board. Only 19 lbs.
- Designed for beginners and advanced paddlers alike, it is suitable for all conditions. As soon as it is fully inflated, it feels like a hard board but weighs half as much.
- You’ll love the GILI 10’6 Air – 60-day guarantee & 2-year warranty included! You can return the paddle board risk-free for 60 days, and the paddle board accessories are covered by a 90-day warranty.
- There is also a 2-year manufacturer warranty on the paddle board. With GILI, you can be sure that you’re getting the best quality paddle boards on the market.
- Paddle with GILI now and discover why SUP is the world’s hottest water sport!
5. MOUSA Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards, 11’x34”x6” Ultra Wide SUP w/Shoulder Strap, 1600D Backpack, 6 Extra D-Rings, All-Round Paddleboard w/Floatable Paddle, US Central Fin, 2-Action Pump, Leash
- Brand: Mousa
- Material: Plastic
- Color: Green snow
- Skill Level: All
- Sport Type: SUP Paddling, Surfing
We have ranked dual-player paddleboards for adults as our fifth-best paddle board under $500. The inflatable paddleboard is called Mousa Tropical Zeal. We don’t know how the company managed to manufacture this iSUP as one of the lightest SUPs, which is mind-blowing since it is not only the widest and longest of this list, but it also weighs 20 pounds.
Despite its dimensions, this iSUP feels super lightweight, so don’t be alarmed if you’re concerned about carrying it. Furthermore, in our testing, this iSUP is actually capable of carrying more than 350 pounds, despite the fact that its maximum weight capacity is around 330 pounds.
At this price point, the paddleboard offers great value when you consider the design and extra accessories. Among the additional accessories, there is a waterproof smartphone pouch with a capacity of 5 liters, which is unusual for a budget-priced product.
A duffel bag is included that fits the waterbag, the backpack straps make it easier to carry, as well as the waist strap adds extra stability. Since the duffel bag is smaller than your expectations, it shouldn’t pose a problem for most users.
Besides looking fantastic, this paddleboard is also easy to inflate. The paddleboard feels stiff when inflated, so if you have used hardboards before, you will find it similar to them (when inflating).
Furthermore, this paddleboard is the right size if you like to paddleboard with pets, and you will have no trouble handling it. As a result of its nonslip EVA deck pad, this iSUP is suitable for a variety of activities that don’t require any prior experience, such as kayaking, fishing, floatation, and yoga.
The iSUP comes with an additional double-layer sponge attached to every handle. Its gentle motion will take care of your body, regardless of whether you are a male or female.
- SUP board has a maximum load of 350 pounds and is 11′ long, 34′ wide, and 6′ thick. Designed by top athletes and artists in honor of Mount Rainier.
- Due to its extra-wide design, you can stand and balance with extreme stability, giving you more confidence as you glide across the water as compared to an ISUP with a narrow design.
- As an added benefit, the sleek body design makes breaking water easier, which increases rowing efficiency and maneuverability.
- Considering surfing anywhere with this inflatable lightweight SUP? This inflatable paddle board from MOUSA is the best solution for quick trips and only requires a backpack with a lot of storage space.
- Once deflated, the inflatable board can be rolled into a compact size to save space when traveling. When fully inflated, the board can be easily folded and installed inflatable.
- Mousa surf paddle boards are definitely traveler-friendly items since they fit in trunks and can be transported on airplanes.
- It includes everything you need to make use of the MOUSA Inflatable Standing Board. A standup paddle board accessory kit includes a surfing shoulder strap, a safety ankle leash, a 5L waterproof bag, a removable fin, a waterproof bag for a mobile phone, a rapid inflation pump (the pump is designed to save up to half the inflation time and energy), and an adjustable floating paddle. You can conquer the waves more comfortably with a complete set of accessories.
- The 6-point bungee system on the paddle board provides extra storage space. Additional steel D-rings give you extra security. With its lightweight and ease of handling, the inflatable fishing board is a versatile isup that can be used for yoga, surfing, fishing, or carrying pets or kids in rivers and lakes while turning nature into a cool water gym.
- Having fun with your family is guaranteed due to the safety features of the MOUSA SUP.
- The MOUSA SUP inflatable paddle boards for men have non-slip deck pads made from military-grade PVC material that gives you greater stability when standing on the board.
- The strength and durability of these inflatable boards are increased by the use of materials that are military grade. In a few short weeks, even a beginner will be able to avoid injury while making you fearless.
6. DAMA 9’6″/10’6″/11′ Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board, Yoga Board, Camera Seat, Floating Paddle, Hand Pump, Board Carrier, Waterproof Bag, Drop Stitch, Traveling Board for Surfing
- Brand: DAMA
- Material: PVC+Drop stitch
- Color: Nature wood 10’6″*32″*6″
- Skill Level: All
- Sport Type: SUP Paddling, Surfing
A unique feature of this paddleboard is that it comes with a camera bracket mount, which lets you attach a water-proof camera directly to the paddleboard for high-quality photos and videos. Documenting adventures is a good idea if you like to do that.
Besides the grip handle, the paddleboard also features additional steel D rings for convenient carrying. The rings can also be used to connect boards with friends so that you can both travel together.
Another unique feature is that these rings can be used to attach a kayak seat to the paddleboard another feature you will not see on any other inflatable SUP.
Boards with inflatable fins, a sports camera mounting bracket on the SUP board, adjustable floating paddles, an air pressure gauge on the hand pump, an ankle leash, a repair kit, a removable fin, a 10-foot inflatable paddleboard, sports camera bracket mount on the SUP board, and a large comfortable backpack to hold it all.
There are also 5L waterproof bags for keys, food, and cell phones, as well as a clear waterproof backpack and a clear waterproof cell phone bag. It’s important to keep that in mind! With an inflation time of 10 minutes and a deflation time of 5 minutes, it is very convenient to carry on long trips.
- This inflatable paddle board can be inflated and deflated in just 10 minutes and takes just 5 minutes to deflate. Furthermore, the paddle board has extra steel D rings for convenience to carry in addition to the grip handle.
- In addition, these rings allow you to connect your SUP boards with your friends and take advantage of traveling together.
- All accessories include height-adjustable paddles, pumps, leashes, and repair kits, It’s convenient to have a waterproof bag when out alone, and it can sometimes be used as a life jacket for a short period of time.
- SUP BOARD CARRIER makes the board easy to transport to the ocean, a waterproof phone case, a convenient and comfortable full set of elite bags, labor-saving, and easy to carry. Hard fins that won’t fall out of your hand.
- High-quality PVC material, lightweight, and high intensity – Perfect drop stitch, and high-quality material. In the industry, DAMA uses materials that are the toughest for drop stitching.
- DAMA inflatable stand-up paddle boards are designed with a high-intensity layer to ensure superior air retention. Weight-capable of 330 lbs, these boards are all-around multipurpose boards. They are great for yoga, fishing, surfing, and carrying kids and pets at the same time!
- At only 330 lbs, the DAMA inflatable paddle board is ideal for yoga, fishing, surfing, and taking pets and kids out in fresh and saltwater alike.
- This company is dedicated to supplying the highest quality stand-up paddle boards at the most affordable prices, and they offer a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty totally free of charge. DAMA’s quality and fun will be revealed in time!
- Become a blogger like other bloggers with the Blog Helper Sport Camera Mount. Are you looking to record what your friends and you do on the water during your happy times? Is your cell phone still in your hand when you take pictures?
- An inflatable stand-up paddle board now comes with a Sport camera bracket mount, so you can mount your sports camera directly to the paddle board. DAMA is the sole owner of this updated design. Get out on the water and have a great time!
7. ADVENOR Paddle Board 11’x33 x6 Extra Wide Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board with SUP Accessories Including Adjustable Paddle, Backpack, Waterproof Bag, Leash,and Hand Pump, Repair Kit
- Brand: ADVENOR
- Material: Aluminum
- Color: Blue
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 330 Pounds
- Sport Type: SUP Paddling
The second-best paddle board on this list is under 300 dollars. With a width of 33 inches, this ADVENOR iSUP is one of the broadest iSUPs on the market. In any case, let’s take a look at what we think of this iSUP.
It has been designed for better balance and stability by ADVENOR by making it extra wide and long. Despite being one of the longest entries on this top SUP boards under 500 list, this iSUP weighs only 29.1 pounds. Compared with an inflatable paddleboard, it won’t weigh as much, so you can transport it more easily.
With its non-slippery EVA deck pad, this inflatable paddleboard not only provides a good grip on bare feet but is made from high-quality material. Keeping the board stable in the water is made possible by the long bottom fins. As well as giving this iSUP greater stability and speed, there are three detachable fins.
Paddleboarding in oceans/lakes/rivers, fishing on paddleboards, and exercising on paddleboards are all possibilities with this iSUP. With this paddle board, you can take care of almost all of your paddle-boarding needs in one place. Since it costs less than premium iSUPs, you should not compare the quality of paddle boarding in different conditions.
A double-action hand pump is included with this paddleboard, just like most others we’ve seen. So, this iSUP can be deflated or inflated quickly. This iSUP includes a full accessories pack, including a paddle extender, a repair kit, a safety leash, three removable fins, a waterproof bag, and an upgraded backpack, in addition to a hand pump. Although the bag lacks quality, it’s a reasonable price considering its quality.
- The board measures 33 inches in width, allowing it to provide great stability. It is made of high-quality materials capable of withstanding high pressure. It is extra wide and long to provide better balance.
- Includes a paddle with an aluminum shaft, a safety leash, a waterproof bag, a hand pump, three removable fins, an upgraded backpack, and a repair kit.
- This inflatable paddle is able to inflate and deflate quickly with its dual-action hand pump. The aluminum paddle can be adjusted to suit most people, with a height range of 65-82 inches.
- 3 detachable bottom fins help improve overall speed and handling. Ultra-light paddle board kit that makes it easy to carry. Stand-up paddle boards that are inflatable can be used to explore, tour, fish, or practice yoga. In addition to freshwater lakes and rivers, this product can also be used in the ocean.
- Achieved amazing balance with board dimensions of 11 feet long, 33 inches wide, and 6 inches thick. Maximum weight of 330 pounds is allowed. In addition to offering a 12-month parts warranty, the company also offers telephone service to ensure a positive customer experience.
8. Freein Stand Up Paddle Board Kayak SUP Inflatable Stand up Paddle Board SUP 10’/10’6”x31 x6, 2 Blades Paddle, Dual Action Pump, Triple Fins, Leash, Backpack
- Brand: Freein
- Material: Pvc
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 127.2 x 31 x 3 inches
- Color: Blue
- Item Weight: 18.04 Pounds
SUP Kayak combo from Freein is a great value that includes everything you need for both kayaking and SUPing. It comes with a convertible paddle and a seat, making it a good companion for any adventure. PVC is used as the primary material for construction, and the rails are reinforced with carbon fiber.
This adds stiffness to the board beyond that of a standard cheap 1-layer PVC board. As well as black, it comes in several other colors. Due to its 10’6 x 31″ dimensions, it glides faster than a wider board, however, it sacrifices a little stability. Paddlers who are just starting out will still find it useful.
In addition to the board, the package also includes a double-action hand pump, a bag, and a paddle that can be converted into a board. There is also a coiled leash and a converter to convert H3 valves to Schraeder valves included.
Besides being good in both directions, the paddle also comes with drip rings, which is a nice addition. It works well to inflate the board with the double-action pump. All of the contents of the backpack fit easily inside the backpack.
A 31-inch wide all-around SUP kayak, the Freein SUP kayak is shaped like a boat. A wider board will be less glide and track worse than a narrow one. The boat will be able to go through chop more easily.
The board will be harder to balance than one that is 33-34 inches wide. Being able to use it as a kayak is also a nice compromise since it does not require any extra stability and width. The 3-fin setup provides good tracking.
- KAKAKA SEAT: Before you can use a SUP effectively, you must sit on the kayak seat while riding the board, which is the key to maintaining balance. For a more exciting stand-up paddling experience, simply remove the seat after you have gotten used to the SUP.
- With the D-ring design, you can easily switch from kayaking to SUP paddling using the kayak seat. In addition to being practical, the paddle has a foam insert to ensure that it floats.
- Your vivid rowing moments and beautiful scenery can be captured with a Go-Pro base at the front.
- This paddleboard measures 10’6″x31″x6″, which is the ideal size for beginners. As a result, you will be able to sit comfortably on the board while still experiencing maximum stability. Therefore, you can provide your children or pets with a great deal of security by having them sit with you on the board.
- To ensure that you are able to get the most out of this board, FreeinSUP offers a two-year manufacturer warranty as well as a 30-day worry-free return policy. The manufacturer’s customer service team will be happy to answer any questions you may have about paddleboards or accessories.
- Featuring two inflation modes, the high-efficiency dual action pump enables easy and efficient inflation – our hand pump takes only 3-10 minutes to inflate the board. In addition, the package contains an electric pump adapter that allows you to use the onboard electric pump to connect the air valve of your SUP.
9. iROCKER Nautical Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board, Superb Maneuverability 10′ Long 32″ Wide 6″ SUP with Premium Bag, Adjustable Paddle, Pump, Leash, Fins & Repair Kit
- Brand: iROCKER
- Material: PVC
- Color: Blue
- Item Weight: 20 Pounds
- Sport Type: Exercise & Fitness
There is no better paddle board for the price than the iRocker Nautical at the moment. There are two layers of construction to this 10’6″ x 32″ board, and a very nice fiberglass paddle to go along with it.
In comparison, it costs about the same as one-layered boards made from scrap metal. Compared to any paddle board that costs $300-$400, this package offers just as much quality. We have found the best inflatable SUP under $500 if you are looking for great value.
There are three removable fins on the board. There are no plastic tabs to worry about losing or breaking on the fin due to latches keeping it in place. A double layer of PVC laminate provides durability to the board. The deck pad has grooves.
A total of 17 D-Rings are found on the board along with handles and bungees both in front and in back. It extends back into the tail of the board and is sized well for standing on.
For anyone looking for an entry-level paddle board under $500, the iRocker Nautical offers the best value. In addition to the board, you will receive a 3 fiberglass paddle and a dual-action pump as a complete package. Aluminum shaft paddles are almost ubiquitous on paddle boards under $500, making this a great upgrade.
It has optional rollers and is a nice backpack. This bag has several mesh pockets for storing accessories as well as a bungee cord. A board and accessories can be stored inside this bag with plenty of room. There are no handles on the bag, which is my only complaint. It would be nice to have handles on both sides.
There are 10’6″ and 32″ widths on the iRocker Nautical. The glide was decent. New paddlers will find it to be very stable. There is a good all-around shape to the board that makes turning and maneuvering easy. As soon as you get it moving, three fins keep it tracking straight.
- Travel Paddles – Nautical ultralight 3-piece fiberglass paddles float, weigh 32 ounces, and adjust 72 up to 86 inches long and 35 inches wide. With foam inserts in each piece of the paddle, this paddle floats.
- It takes about 7-10 minutes for this 24-inch dual-action hand pump to inflate your board (it usually takes between 24 and 28 minutes to inflate a board).
- It has an integrated pressure gauge and comes with dual action dual-chamber pump. For a more convenient method of inflating your board, you can use electricity.
- The Nautical Backpack comes with an optional wheel attachment so you can upgrade your bag! The Nautical bag can be converted into a wheeled bag! It is extremely easy to transport your Nautical backpack with the new wheels that slide right into the bottom.
- The two-year warranty gives you peace of mind when you buy an inflatable paddle board. Besides normal wear and tear, everything else is covered.
- It is NAUTICAL by iROCKER’s mission to offer the highest quality inflatable paddle boards made from the finest materials available on the market. All of their products are backed by a 100% guarantee.
- Buying a low-quality product made from subpar materials won’t be an issue since the warranty lasts two years. iROCKER also offers the best customer service in the industry.
- The board is designed for people looking for a lightweight, affordable option. Aside from being highly maneuverable and stable, it is also fast and provides above-average speed.
- Paddling around the lake, doing SUP yoga, cruising with a dog or small child, or even doing some SUP yoga on it are just a few of the many fun activities you can enjoy on it.
Why You Should Buy An Inflatable Paddleboard?
Paddleboards aren’t often stored or transported by most people due to limited space and transportation options. In a sedan, imagine trying to carry all the gear of a family of four to the lake.
There’s no easy way to do this and finding a place to store that gear at home won’t be easy either. Especially for beginners or children who grow out of their equipment after a season or two, inflatable paddleboards make the best choice.
Also, inflatable paddleboards are considerably less expensive than hard paddleboards. A hard paddleboard can cost twice as much as an inflatable paddleboard, or even more.
A paddleboard with hard surfaces, such as rock or coral, is the best choice for waterways with more intense exposure, increased speed, and durability. An inflatable paddleboard and a hard paddleboard have pros and cons.
How To Choose The Best Inflatable Paddle Board Under $500?
What should you look for when buying an inflatable SUP once you decided to purchase one? Is there a recommended size for paddleboards? Inflatable paddleboards should be bought based on the following criteria.
It is necessary to have a larger board if you are heavier. Heavy weights can be floated by boards with more volume. A board with a length of at least 10′ 6′′ should be purchased if you are over 6′ or weigh over 200 pounds. You will be fine with a 10′ board if you are under that height.
A slight difference in board shape and size can be found in the under $500 price range. There are usually 32 to 33 inches of width on most boards. Stability increases as a board’s width increases. Moreover, a wider paddle will paddle slower due to the increased drag from more width.
In this price range, board lengths can range from 10 feet to 11 feet. Boards that are 11 feet long will glide faster and easier with each paddle stroke than boards that are 10 feet long. It will be easier to turn a board that is 10 feet long. You will need a longer board if you plan to tour or paddle long distances.
A shorter board will be better for turning quickly or surfing small waves if you want an easy-to-turn board. Discover how a paddleboard’s length affects its maximum speed if you’re interested in finding out more.
2. Board Stiffness
Inflatable boards are measured for their stiffness, which is one of the ways in which they are made and how well they perform. The board was measured on two stands that were 8 feet apart. A 120 lb weight was placed on the board and it was deflected under load by 120 lb.
Paddleboards with greater stiffness are more rigid than those with less stiffness. Every aspect of the performance will improve, including how it glides, goes through waves, and performs. It is unlikely that a board with only one layer will be stiffer than a board with two layers. A board with three layers or one constructed with advanced technology, including MSL or woven materials, is more rigid.
If you’re going to buy a paddleboard for $500, it should be made from a PVC laminate that has two or three layers. It’s better with three layers. Drop-stitch PVC construction is used in 99% of inflatable SUPs. Inflatable structures can only be stiffened thinly using this method.
There is more strength and puncture resistance in 2 layers than in 1. It would be better to have three layers. Higher densities of thread will also result in a more rigid board when using the drop-stitch. You should have an EVA foam pad covering all of the areas where you might stand.
The deck is not fully padded. It should be possible to stand, sit, and do any normal activity, including SUP yoga, while on the pad. It is usually recommended to use grooved or textured EVA pads rather than smooth EVA pads since they provide better traction for your feet.
The majority of boards with a price tag under $500 have three fins. The fins are divided into two smaller ones on the sides and one larger one on the center. It is always possible to remove the center fin. It is most common to attach the center fin with a Flip Lock attachment. Many brands offer them as standard features. If you have this feature, you can replace your fin or get a larger one.
There are a few boards that have removable side fins on the outside, but they are not very common. A single fin can be used instead of side fins if you remove the side fins. This board allows you to tour more quickly. Three fins are recommended for easier surfing and maneuvering.
The front of almost every paddleboard is equipped with one or more bungees. A second bungee may be found across the back of some models. Among the items that can be stored with bungees are gear bags, coolers, clothes, etc.
If you plan to take a dog or a child out on your board with you, a front and rear bungee is better than just one bungee. Sitting on the front bungee makes it impossible to store anything.
6. D-ring attachments
Attaching accessories is easy with D-Ring attachments. In order to install a kayak seat, you need to place them centered on the waterboard. You can attach bungees to them or use them as paddle holders. D-rings are better when there are more of them.
As few as seven may be found on some boards. As many as 17 may be found on some boards. If you don’t have D-Rings on your board, you can glue them on yourself so it’s not a must-have. In case you need them, it can save you time and effort.
A paddle is usually included in the package of an inflatable SUP under $500. There is no such thing as a universal paddle. The best paddles are made of carbon fiber, the next best is made of fiberglass, and the last is made of aluminum.
In addition to being stiffer and lighter, a carbon fiber paddle will also be more durable. Aluminum paddles are much softer and heavier than steel paddles. The middle ground will be fiberglass. Although, there is a minor difference between carbon fiber vs fiberglass paddles.
Typically, SUP packages under $500 do not come with carbon fiber paddles. Fiberglass paddles are included in better packages under $500. In order to carry the board with you, you can put all of them in the bag since they are all made up of three pieces.
Paddleboards come with the same accessories as surfboards – backpack, leash, paddle, pump, and repair kit. Here are the interesting differences:
- Paddle: The GILI offers customers a choice between aluminum kayak paddles and fiberglass kayak paddles. In our opinion, Nautical and Bluefin are both better choices when it comes to fiberglass.
- Backpack: The GILI backpack tops the pack with the highest quality material, lots of pockets, and more padding. There’s not much difference between Bluefins and Nauticals.
- Pump: Each of these is pretty similar.
- Kayak Kit: Bluefin’s kayak package is unique in that it includes a kayak seat and extra paddle blades. All other brands offer this extra as an optional extra.
- Leash, repair kit, fins: Standard equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are inflatable paddle boards worth the money?
Paddleboards made from inflatable materials are much more affordable than paddleboards made from rigid materials. Buying a rigid SUP at this level for less than $900 isn’t possible. A good inflatable SUP can be found for under $500.
There is a great deal of convenience in storing and transporting inflatable SUP’s. Neither the roof rack nor garage space are required for loading and unloading. The rigidity of a good rigid paddleboard is almost equal to that of an inflatable SUP.
Is it OK to leave inflatable sup inflated?
If you want to store an inflatable paddleboard, you can leave it inflated. PVC material will degrade over time when exposed to UV rays and the elements. In case you decide to store it outside, choose a shaded place that is sheltered. SUPs slowly deflate over time.
Depending on how often you use it, it might be necessary to top off the air inside. I don’t see any problem with it. Despite how well the valves are made, there is some porosity in PVC material.
Make sure your board is not fully inflated to its maximum PSI when you leave it in the sun. In addition to expanding, the pressure of the board will rise as the board heats up. Drop-stitching and seam popping on the board are made easier with this.
Why are inflatable paddle boards so expensive?
Inflatable paddleboards appear to be simple. The board is just a flat surface. Is there no cheap inflatable kayak like one you can get for under $100? It is necessary to use drop-stitch construction in order to make a thin inflatable structure. It is only possible to bond drop-stitching to PVC.
There is no way you can use cheaper materials to make an inflatable boat. The main reason there are no $100 paddleboards is because of that. Currently, drop-stitch boards, pumps, and paddles are available for about $200.
Are cheap paddle boards any good?
A cheap board can be used for paddleboarding. A more rigid board, a more durable paddle, and more durable materials are what you’ll get when you spend more. Flexible boards are not as stable on the water as more expensive ones.
The bouncy feeling will be felt as you float over the waves. It will be much easier to work with a cheap board if you’re a child or a light adult. The only thing holding you back from trying out paddleboarding is the price of your board.
Buying a used board is also an option. The gear you’ll need for this activity can be found used if it’s a few years old, like most outdoor activities. Generally, it is less expensive than new equipment in the mid to low range.
What should I wear to stand up paddle boarding?
There is a good chance that you will get wet when you go paddle boarding. Clothes that dry quickly are essential. Warm days are usually best suited to bathing suits with rash guards.
Wetsuits and spray tops may be necessary on cooler days. Paddleboarding can be done barefoot for some people. Some people prefer to wear water shoes.
What is the best paddle board for beginners?
Beginners usually find inflatable paddleboards with lower prices between $300 and $700 easy to use. All around, their design is simple and straightforward, wide enough to provide stability, and long enough to cope with road conditions well.
You should stay away from narrower boards under 30 inches wide if you are a beginner. You should purchase a board that can carry a lot more weight than you actually weigh. Stability and ease of standing are enhanced by buoyancy.
Are inflatable paddle boards good for the ocean?
The inflatable paddleboard makes it easy for you to surf waves. A beach float can be taken out on the ocean without a problem. If you live in a bay or an inlet with flat water, then they are perfect for you. When used in saltwater, PVC won’t be damaged. It should be rinsed off with fresh water after each use when used in saltwater.
How long do inflatable SUPs last?
Depending on the board, inflatable paddleboards should last you anywhere from 5 to many years. The lifespan of some PVC inflatable boats has been 10 to 20 years.
Taking good care of it, keeping it clean and storing it out of the sun will extend its life. Unlike a paddleboard made from one layer of PVC, an inflatable paddleboard made from three layers of PVC will last longer.
How dangerous is paddle boarding?
It is a safe sport to paddleboard. Canoeing and kayaking are both safe activities. You won’t hurt yourself if you fall on most boards because they are padded. A paddler can only paddle as fast as he or she can. I
f it’s a really windy day or there’s a high current, you should take caution. Getting blown away or pushed by a current is not something you want to happen. If you think you might need one, you should wear one or take one along.
Is paddle boarding good exercise?
In addition to being a great form of exercise, paddle boarding is also fun. Paddleboarding requires a lot of balance, which is a good core exercise. Keeping your arms strong will help you paddle and move forward.
Depending on your preference, you can either engage in strenuous activities or relax. It will add another level of intensity if you’re paddling in windy conditions or against the current. Weight loss and muscle building can be achieved through paddle boarding.
To conclude the entire discussion, BOTE Wulf Inflatable Paddle Board is a good choice if you’re considering the best paddleboard for the whole family under $500. The Roc Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards are the best multi-purpose paddleboards that can fit your needs on a budget of $500 on the market right now.
Among the 9 paddleboards discussed above, you will find that a lot of them are inflatable paddleboards because people prefer them more than hardboards nowadays. It is possible to find inflatable paddle boards under 500 dollars or the best inflatable paddle boards under $500 on this list, even if you want to find the best inflatable paddle boards under 500 dollars.
Alternatively, if you are looking for an entirely separate list, in which you can view the best inflatable paddle boards under $500 in 2022, then you can check out that one as well. I hope so this guide helps you in choosing the best one and it will definitely be worth your money.
Have a nice trip!