Visual Voicemail (available from select carriers) shows a list of all your messages in the Phone app. Playing and deleting individual tracks are possible without listening to all of them. Voicemail displays a badge indicating the number of unheard messages.
The Voicemail transcription feature (beta; available only in certain countries) shows your voicemail transcribed into text. Currently, transcription is only available for voicemails in English received on your iPhone running iOS 10 or later. Transcripts are dependent on the recording quality. Here you will find the complete information about “How To Access Voicemail On iPhone 11?” Check it below!
How To Access Voicemail On iPhone 11?
1. Getting started.
It is the purpose of this guide to show you how to access your voicemail and how to enable call forwarding to your voicemail.
2. Please select your phone number.
3. You can select Voicemail from the drop-down menu.
4. The option to choose voicemail from an incoming call is available.
5. Making Voicemails
In this case, your phone is correctly set up if your voicemail is ringing like on the screen below. In any other case, please follow the next few steps.
5. Keyboards can be accessed by selecting the appropriate keypad.
6. You can call the voicemail number by entering it in the Voicemail field and selecting Call.
7. Choose to Dismiss if you want to dismiss the report.
8. You have set up your voicemail to receive calls that are forwarded to your voicemail.
9. The call forwarding to your voicemail can be easily deactivated from your voicemail settings. All you need to do is enter the following number: ##002# in step 6.
How to set up voicemail?
Information & Instruction
- You can set up your visual voicemail by choosing the Phone app from your home screen.
- Then click the Set Up Now button under the Voicemail tab.
If you select the Phone application, the option to set up voice mail will appear. You can select it by holding the 1 key while selecting it. You will be prompted to enter your voicemail password when you are setting up your voicemail. You cannot set up a voicemail account when you use Wi-Fi calling, so you will not have a voicemail when you use Wi-Fi calling. If you already have a voicemail account, please enter your existing voicemail password or create your mailbox. The voicemail password you have forgotten will prevent you from accessing your voicemail until it is reset. This applies to all existing customers.
1. Choose your voicemail password between 7 and 15 digits, and then click on Done.
2. You will need to enter your voicemail password again, then select Done again to confirm your entry.
3. If you would like to use the default greeting, choose Default. You can also choose Custom if you would like to record a personalized greeting. After recording the greeting, you can select Save.
4. You will now be able to see your voicemail inbox.
5. Viewing Access Voicemail provides tips on managing your voicemail. Troubleshoot Voicemail can help you with solutions to the most common voicemail problems.
How to reset voicemail password?
Create a new password
The first thing you need to do is make sure you are in an AT&T wireless coverage area. Otherwise, you will not be able to connect. If you don’t change your voicemail password, you will not be able to create a new one.
1. You can view your account overview by clicking on the account name.
2. In the My Services section, you will find a Manage my wireless option.
3. Please select My Devices, and then click the Manage Device link below the device for which you wish to reset the voicemail password.
4. To reset your voicemail password, go to Options & Settings, and then select Reset voicemail password.
5. To change your voicemail password, simply follow the prompts.