It is now the turn of Sprint to discard the two-year contract model, becoming the latest cellular carrier to do so. Even so, Sprint has chosen a lease-based plan in place of financing and outright purchases because its competitors have moved to finance and outright purchases. The fourth-largest operator has followed in the footsteps of Verizon and T-Mobile by abandoning its phone subsidy program, leaving only AT&T to keep the industry standard.
Sprint Wireless offers its customers the opportunity to lease the latest iPhone for a monthly fee and then exchange it for a new one whenever Apple upgrades the line of smartphones. It is a monthly subscription service that costs $22 for a smartphone and gives the subscriber the option to upgrade once the new model is released.
As long as they remain enrolled in the program, participants can receive a new Apple phone each time one is released. A special lease deal for iPhone enthusiasts has been created by the corporation in an effort to entice clients. Here is the complete information about “How To Activate New iPhone Sprint?” Check it below!
How To Activate New iPhone Sprint?
You can activate your Sprint iPhone pretty easily and it only takes a few minutes. It is suggested that you pursue the following steps in order to simplify the activation process for your new iPhone sprint, namely preparation for activation, phone replacement activation, and activation of your new phone.
Step 1. Preparation for the activation
1. Make sure you have a user account on your phone. In order to go from an iPhone to an Android phone, you will have to have an account with either iCloud or Gmail. First, you will have to sign up for that account if you do not have one already:
- Install the iCloud app on your iPhone and set up the account.
- For your Android device, you will need to create a Gmail account.
2. The old phone you are trying to use should be removed from its sim card. You are only required to do this if you want to keep the old telephone number.
3. You should be sure to make a backup of any information stored on your old phone as soon as possible. There is a possibility that you may be able to skip this step if you have just acquired a Verizon SIM card.
4. Depending on your situation, you may want to turn off iMessage. If you wish to transfer from an iPhone to an Android phone, you will need to turn off iMessage on the iPhone first.
Step 2: Replacing the phone and activating it
1. The old handset must be switched off before you replace it. Using the power button on your phone, hold down the power button and slide on the “Off to Power” button (iPhone) or press the Off to Power button (iPhone) (Android).
2. It is a good idea to use an old SIM card with your new phone. If you want to use your old phone’s SIM card with your new phone, then you will need to remove it and insert it into the new phone. Using a SIM card that came with your phone or a SIM card that was included in the box, you can skip this step.
3. Make sure your new phone is fully charged before you use it. Charge your phone for at least 1 hour, depending on how long it has been charging since you last charged it. Plug your phone in and let it charge. Once your phone has started charging, you can test it but not perform any setup steps.
4. Activate your Sprint account by visiting the Activate page. Access Sprint enable by going to https://www.sprint.com/enable in a web browser. Please note, however, that you cannot use a phone web browser for this purpose:
- There is a code on your box that you need to enter or you can dial *#06# to get it.
- For more information about backing up and transferring your files, visit sprint.com/backup.
- Please create a Sprint account if you don’t already have one if you haven’t already done so, by signing in to My Sprint.
- In addition, you should keep in mind that some services that are connected to your current device may not transfer to your old device, so you should make an effort to re-establish them once you are finished with the enrollment process.
5. On the lower part of the page, you can click on the yellow box that says “Sign in to activate.
6. The username and password fields will ask you for your Sprint username and passcode. Enter them in the respective boxes.
7. You will be taken to the Sprint Account page automatically once you click the submit button just below the password box.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the phone you would like to replace. In the section “On my devices” of your account tab, you will find the phone that you intend to replace your current one.
9. Choosing “Manage this device” from the dropdown box in the drop-down box that appears when you hover over the phone you want to replace.
10. Then you can select “activate new phone” from the dropdown menu.
11. It is very important to enter your new phone’s serial number in the space provided. It is possible to find your phone’s serial number from the phone’s box or from the telephone’s manual. You can choose to instead use the new phone if the first phone has been purchased from Sprint, but has yet to be activated.
12. On the screen you will find instructions on how to activate the device. Depending on your phone and its options, you might be prompted to enter a SIM card with an ICCID, like a SmartID. The next step is to follow any prompts that will take you to the Activation page. When your new phone has been activated, Sprint will alert you that it has been turned on.
When you are activating an IMEI or MEID number on your phone manual or box, you can click on the new device link under the “New device to activate” heading, if you have another phone then the one on the right side of the page.
13. Set up your new phone by turning it on and connecting it to the internet. If you have enabled this feature, you will be able to turn your phone on and follow the on-screen instructions to add accounts, set WiFi, etc., when it is enabled.
Step 3: The New Phone Activation Process
1. Your phone’s serial number can be found by looking at the back. If you have purchased your phone from a Sprint retailer, you can find the serial number on the receipt for your mobile phone if you purchased it from that retailer. However, the serial number can also be found on the packaging or manual of the phone.
2. In order to fully unlock your mobile device, you must know its MEID number or IMEI. You should already have found an IMEI number, also known as a MEID number, which can be combined with your Sprint phone’s serial number to identify your phone.
3. You can contact Sprint’s customer service department. In order to receive Sprint services from another phone, you must call the Sprint number (888) 211-4727
4. Follow the directions given to a representative of the service.
5. Turn your phone on by asking the agent. At this point, you should inquire about your account.
6. Provide the representative with the requested information. As well as asking for your SSN, your representative may also ask for your account name, password, PIN, or the last 4 digits of the phone as well as the serial number and IMEI number of the phone in this instance as well. If it is your first Sprint SIM card that you’ll be using, you’ll also need to recite the ICCID number of the SIM card.
7. You need to turn on your phone and set it up. When your phone has been activated, the representative will enable it to be enabled and you will be able to follow the on-screen instructions to add your account, create Wi-Fi, and so on. You will need to enter your SIM card into the mobile phone and set it up if you are using a new SIM card.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Where can I find iPhone Forever?
Once you have adequately paid off the 12 lease installments, Apple Forever gives you the opportunity to receive the latest iPhone every year once you have completed the program.
2. How can I get an iPhone Forever?
You can lease an iPhone that’s eligible for an upgrade and immediately after you’ve finished the 12 payments on the phone, you can bring it back for an upgrade.
3. What are the benefits of the iPhone Forever?
It is available to new and existing customers who open a new line of service and lease an iPhone Forever eligible smartphone.
4. Would it be possible to upgrade faster if I exceeded the monthly payment?
You are able to upgrade sooner by making 12 monthly lease payments; you will then be eligible to upgrade to a new iPhone when it is released.
5. Upgrades every year are fine, but how about reducing upfront or monthly costs?
Your current working phone can be traded in for trade-in credit through the Sprint Buyback Program. You may be able to use this credit as a down payment to reduce your monthly installment payments.
A new iPhone sprint can be activated quite easily, and anyone can do it since no technical skills are required. There is one great program available for iPhone fans that allows them to enjoy new market entrants without necessarily having to spend a lot of money at one time. It is called Apple’s iPhone Forever Program.