Having worked so hard on making and editing a video on your iPhone (let’s say a tutorial video explaining something vital to people), your video will not look complete if you don’t include music.
The music that plays behind a video is not just as important as the video itself to make it great. Videos with good background music can transport you anywhere without you having to step out of the house. Adding background music to your videos will make them more interesting if you already have them a shot. This guide will show you how to add music to a video on iPhone.
There are multiple apps on the iPhone that can be used to add music to a video. If you have an iPhone, you can either use the Apple iMovie app or use any other video editing application. This article will discuss a number of apps that can add music to videos you make.
How to add music to a video on iPhone using iMovie app?
For those of you who are Apple fans, you will be happy to hear you can add music to your videos using Apple’s own video editor – iMovie. This app comes with a variety of features that will help you edit your videos, one of which lets you add music.
- If you haven’t already downloaded it, you can get it from the App Store for free.
- You can create a new project in iMovie by clicking the big plus (+) symbol near the top of the screen, followed by “Movie.”
- To add a movie or a series of movies, or a series of stills to the project, you’ll need to tap the movie or series of movies in the project, then click “Create Movie” at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are editing your project, you are able to add music the easiest way to do so is by tapping the gear icon on the bottom right-hand side, then switching on “Theme Music” from the next page. In order to add stock music, you can choose from about half a dozen “themes”. To add a theme, simply tap the image above.
- Tap the plus (+) symbol below and to the left of the video on the project-editing page to add your own songs rather than iMovie’s stock music.
- Tap “My Music” after you tap “Audio.”
- Add a song by searching for the artist, album, or song name, tapping on the song, and then tapping the plus (+) sign.
That’s all. Your song has been added. The completed video can now be saved to your media library using the export (arrow pointing up from box) link.
How to add music to a video on iPhone using InShot app?
Using the video editor app InShot, you can also add music to your iPhone videos. You can use it to add background music to your videos if you’re using an iOS device to edit videos.
App Store users can download the free app to their iPhone.
- Install the InShot app on your iPhone. Your Internet connection should allow it to download quickly.
- Once the app is installed, open it. Three options will appear on the main screen. As you want to add music to a video, you need to tap on Video.
- As soon as you click VIDEO, the app will ask you to access your iPhone photos. Add music to a video after giving it the necessary access.
- The app now allows you to edit the video you selected. At the bottom of the editing bar, tap the Music option to open music editing tools.
- Add a music track to your video by tapping Tracks on the following screen. Browse for the track you would like to add.
- Tap on the checkmark sign when you have added the music track. To save your work, tap on the share icon in the top-right corner.
Your iPhone will then store the video along with the song you choose. InShot for iPhone allows you to add music to a video.
How do I add music to a video on an iPhone using Clips?
You can also add background music to videos on the iPhone with Apple’s new video app, Clips. This app offers a huge selection of soundtracks. You can select from a variety of soundtracks, such as pop music, action, chill, playful, and sentimental. I will show you how to add music to a video on iPhone using the Clips feature.
Make your iPhone videos more personal with Clips
- You can find the Music button on the first screen of the app in the upper right.
- Simply select any of the categories from the My Music screen, for instance, ‘Artists’, ‘Albums’ or ‘Songs’.
- From the list of tracks, select the one you’d like to add to the background.
- For a preview of the music before finalizing it, click on the Play icon.
- As soon as you’re happy with the outcome, you can click the “Done” button at the top right corner of the screen.
Video soundtracks built into Clips can be added to iPhone
- Choose the “Soundtracks” option after tapping the Music button.
- Using this website for the first time will require some waiting time for the soundtracks to be downloaded. Once the soundtrack has been selected, you can preview it.
- Once again, click on the track to confirm your selection. Click on the checkmark next to the track to confirm your selection.
- You can find the back button by looking for the arrow icon at the top left corner.
- Press the Play icon (a triangular button) and check the soundtrack if it matches the video.
- If you are satisfied with the result, tap the “Done” option at the top right of the screen.
Note: You can’t change the music in your videos.
While Clips may be a convenient app for adding music to videos on iPhone, once the music is added the sound cannot be adjusted. Suppose that the user wants to change the initial point of the video file, they will not have enough freedom to do so. By using ‘Clips’ from the video, the audio will be matched the best way possible to the video. Video editing apps can be used for the purpose of adjusting the audio.
How to add music to a video on iphone using Quick app?
Quik can help you add music to your clips quickly. With this application for iOS, you can retouch your videos. It is also available for Android.
Its simple editing features, like trimming, rotating, and adding background music, may not be innovative but they do the job.
You can choose a track from an iTunes library or select one from the app’s hundreds of royalty-free tracks. Follow these steps:
- Visit the App Store to download the Quik app
- You can add music to a video by launching the app and importing it
- You can play music by tapping the music icon at the bottom of the screen
- You can choose from Quik’s library, or you can add the music file from your own library
If you want to add music to the Quik app, you have three options:
Quik App Music Options
1. Import your music
Using iCloud Drive, Google Drive, and Dropbox, you can import your music
2. Quik music
From Quik’s collection of royalty-free songs, select a track that fits your theme
3. iTunes music
Your clip should include a song from your iPhone’s library
The following audio file formats are supported by Quick App:
Despite the fact that you can’t edit videos to a professional level with Quik, it’s a great choice for beginners.
What is the purpose of adding music to videos?
Adding music to your video stirs emotions and keeps your viewers watching. YouTube and Instagram offer a large number of spoken-word videos today, but the majority of viewers prefer watching videos with music.
Doubt us? Check it out for yourself.
Browse through Instagram’s reel explore section and scroll past ten reels. You will find only one spoken video or none at all.
The use of music in commercials is another excellent example of how music can be used in videos. Take notice of the music in Apple’s advertisements. The speaker introducing Apple’s new product has been complemented with powerful, yet low-key music.
We are most intrigued by brands as a result of the music, which impacts our perceptions and directly impacts our decisions. Furthermore, music choice contributes to brand awareness by reflecting your brand’s personality. It’s crucial to use music in videos to engage your viewers and build retention, especially if you want to build engagement and retention.
If you want your videos to be seen by as many people as possible, you must add music to them. There is no longer a time when you can create and publish videos without planning and editing. Adding music can help you achieve that, especially in today’s market where trends are changing and competition is soaring. If you’re looking for ways to make the most of your video and improve the viewing experience, use this article to learn how to add music to a video on iPhone.