Airdrop is a method that allows you to wirelessly share files between your Mac and your iOS device, which is quick and easy. If you have an Apple device nearby, you can use Airdrop to instantly send photos, videos, locations, and more to another Apple device. In this article, we will show you “How To Airdrop From IPhone To Mac?” Read it below!
How To Airdrop From IPhone To Mac?
There is an important thing to know before you transfer the data from your iPhone to Mac and that is how to airdrop photos from iPhone to Mac. It is not necessary that both the iPhone and the Mac be logged into the same iCloud account in order for the airdrop to function.
The use of Airdrop will benefit users in several ways since they can move files without asking for permission and without having to wait for each transfer to be completed.
The Airdrop service allows you to transfer files from iPhone/iPad to Mac using Wi-Fi, so you must connect your iDevice to the same network before you can Airdrop files.
Additionally, Airdrop needs a Mac model from 2012 or later running OS X Yosemite or later to be able to transfer files between a computer and an iPhone or iPad.
The following steps will guide you through the process of transferring files between your iPhone/iPad and Mac using AriDrop:
- On iPhone/iPad, open the app to which you wish to transfer a file.
- Click the Share option (a box with an up arrow through it) and the Airdrop button will appear.
- Your computer’s name will appear after you choose it.
- Then you should do the same on your Mac. Whenever you see the requirement pop up, you should just accept it.
How to Airdrop Files from Mac to iPhone?
You Should Know Before Airdrop Mac to iPhone
An Airdrop must be enabled on both devices:
- When you are in the Finder on a Mac computer, choose Go from the menu bar. It is possible to use Airdrop on the Mac if the Go menu includes Airdrop.
- You can do this on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by swiping down from the upper-right corner of the screen and opening Control Center; then, simply tap and hold the network settings card to activate Airdrop.
An explanation of how to Airdrop content from your Mac to your iPhone is given here.
- Go to Finder and select Airdrop or select Airdrop from a Finder window’s sidebar.
- iPhone users who have Airdrop open nearby are displayed in the Airdrop window. Click Send when you have dragged the files into the recipient’s image in the window.
If you want to share:
- If the Share button is available in your app, click it. You can also select Share from the shortcut menu by Control-clicking an item in Finder.
- Choose Airdrop from the list of sharing options under the Share menu.
- Click the Done button once you have selected the recipient from the Airdrop sheet.
Tip: Transferring files from Mac to iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
In the event that AirDrop fails, then you can’t Airdrop from iPhone to Mac/Macbook, what can you do? Transferring files between your Mac and iPhone is easy with Tenorshare iCareFone for Mac. In addition to its multitasking capabilities, it also serves as a file manager. A number of its features can be added, deleted, merged, or exported, including Contacts, Notes, Calendars, Apps, Music, Videos, Bookmarks, Photos, and iBooks.
- To transfer files from Mac to iPhone, please install Tenorshare iCareFone for Mac. Click on the program.
- In the top bar, click on “Manage” and you will see file types on the left.
- There are many options available to you for adding/deleting/merging duplicate items/viewing/exporting any item you want.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
How do I Airdrop 1,000 photos?
You can send an unlimited number of photos using Airdrop. However, how successful you are will depend on the size of your files and the processors on both devices. You won’t be able to use either device while the files are transferring, and it could take up to 20 minutes or more.
How do I Airdrop my entire Camera Roll?
There is no simple answer to this question… it all depends. Using the Camera Roll feature, have you taken a lot of pictures? What is the size of the pictures? What are the strengths of your phone and Mac? In spite of the fact that you can send an unlimited number of photos via Airdrop, the time required will make the process impractical.
Would you still like to give it a try? If you want to Airdrop your entire iPhone camera roll to your Mac, here is how you can do it:
- On your iPhone, open the Photos app.
- Make sure you’ve included all of the photos in your Camera Roll by tapping Library, then All Photos.
- In the upper right corner, tap Select.
- A blue checkmark will appear after you select the first photo on the bottom row.
- Hold down this thumbnail image with two fingers. After you’ve selected all of the photos in your Camera Roll, slowly drag your fingers upward until they’re all selected. This process may require a bit of finesse, but it’s still easier than selecting each image one by one.
- After you have selected all of your photos, tap the share icon at the bottom of the screen.
- You can then choose the device to which you want to send the photos by tapping AirDrop.
- It may take some time for your transfer to complete.
- When you have transferred all your photos, tap Done.
My Mac does not appear on AirDrop. Why?
Although AirDrop doesn’t always work perfectly, many technological advancements aren’t. The following are some possible reasons and solutions if your Mac isn’t showing up on AirDrop.
- It is not possible to discover your Mac via AirDrop.
- Make sure that your Mac can be discovered by your contacts or by everyone, as described above.
- On your Mac or iPhone, neither Bluetooth nor Wi-Fi is enabled.
- The data is transferred via Wi-Fi using AirDrop, which uses Bluetooth to locate nearby devices. Check that both are enabled by clicking on the Bluetooth icon at the top of the screen. Click the On button. Select the Wi-Fi network you want to join by clicking on the Wi-Fi icon at the top of the screen. Make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled in your iPhone’s Control Panel.
- Your Mac is sleeping.
- Active Mac displays will appear in AirDrop. All you need to do is press any key to wake up your computer.
Why is AirDrop not working on Mac?
Do you have problems with AirDrop on your Mac? It’s not over yet! There are some reasons and solutions you may want to consider. If your Mac does not appear under AirDrop, you can also try the methods described in the “Why doesn’t my Mac appear under AirDrop?” section above.
- The plane mode is active.
- In addition to Wi-Fi, the airplane mode on your device disables the cellular radio. Make sure AirDrop works by turning off Airplane mode.
- Wi-Fi on your Mac is connected to a Personal Hotspot.
- Using your phone’s Personal Hotspot will disable AirDrop on your Mac. Personal Hotspot and AirDrop both rely on Wi-Fi for their functionality. On iOS, you can disable this feature by navigating to Settings > Personal Hotspot.
- Bluetooth isn’t working properly. From time to time, there are unknown problems. Turn off Bluetooth on your Mac and then turn it back on when all else fails.
- Interested in giving AirDrop a try? As soon as you get used to AirDrop, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it!
How to receive content via AirDrop?
When you’re sent files via AirDrop, you’ll see an instant notification suggesting you look through the files before accepting them. With the Accept and Decline buttons, you can decide whether to save the files.
When you click Accept, you’re agreeing that the AirDropped files will be saved in the same format and for the same app that they were opened on the original device. This is why images appear in the Photos app and websites open in the web browser. The AppStore will be redirected to you if the sent file cannot be opened with any of the apps on your Mac.
In AirDrop, you will not see Accept and Decline buttons if you are sending files to an Apple ID-enabled device. The download will complete automatically.
How does AirDrop work? What are the system requirements?
It is necessary for the Mac and iPhone devices to be fairly recent models that support the latest version of macOS to operate Airdrop.
Use MacBooks that were released in 2012 or later (apart from the 2012 Mac Pro), the later the better. Install OS X Yosemite at the very least. The best version of macOS for this purpose would be Mojave or Catalina.
Check if AirDrop works on your Mac by following these steps:
- Visit the Finder page to find out how to do this?
- Then, click the Go button in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- You will be presented with a drop-down menu. Whether or not it contains the AirDrop option, it is compatible with your MacBook.
iOS 7 or higher is required for iOS AirDrop to work on your iPhone.
I have written a concise guide for airdropping files from iPhone to Mac and iPad. As a good alternative, we recommend Tenorshare iCareFone for Mac. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have.