There is a lot of information that can be found on an iPhone. Although, no matter how hard you try to keep it safe, that information is still vulnerable to damage. The simple act of updating your software can cause all or part of the information on your device to be lost. You are left with a large number of problems, especially when you don’t know how to retrieve the lost data. Backups are made for just these situations, aren’t they? There is no doubt that you are familiar with the fact that you can create a full backup of your iPhone 8 at any time using iTunes or iCloud. Would you believe there is an even better, more comprehensive method of doing so? Firstly, I’d like to recap how to back up your device via iTunes and iCloud before we move onto this better alternative.
You cannot safeguard your information better than by embracing how to back up your iPhone 8. If you own an Apple iPhone 8, knowing how to back up your iPhone 8 is the best way to safeguard your information. When you have a backup plan in place, you will not need to worry about losing your phone or having it damaged since all your information will still be securely preserved when the phone is lost or damaged.
An alternative to simply saving your data on a memory card would be using a backup method which brings a variety of advantages especially if you are dealing with a lot of data that you wish to keep for future reference.
The iPhone data needs to be backed up on a regular basis. First and foremost, there is no way to forecast what will happen to your device and the result will be the erasure of all the data on your smartphone.
Furthermore, you may end up upgrading your iPhone to a newer model at some point, which would require you to go through the process of manually setting up your iOS device once again. It is tedious to download applications, reenter login credentials, and organize the home screen all of which involve downloading, recovering, and reentering login details.
It is a good thing, though, that there are several ways to create a data backup and keep your mind at ease. This article contains all the information you need regarding how to backup iPhone 8 files, so continue reading to find out how you can do it.
How to back up iPhone 8 via iCloud?
It should not be a problem for you to back up your iPhone data on iCloud. There is a feature in the Settings section that allows you to enable automatic backups of data. Moreover, one should bear in mind that the iPhone needs to be connected to a Wi-Fi network in order for the data to be backed up.
You can manually backup your iPhone’s data by going to its settings page and selecting the iCloud tab. This will direct you to the next section once you click on the iCloud tab. Click with your finger on iCloud Backup once you reach it. Click on that to proceed.
When this feature is turned on, automatic data backup will be enabled. If you wish to do a manual backup, you may do so by tapping on the Back Up Now section.
Performing a backup on your iPhone 8 may take some time, particularly if you haven’t done it before. It will also take some time if any of your internet connections are slow.
However, once the first backup is complete, subsequent backups should become faster and faster once the first has been completed. Since the information is not necessary to be processed every time, it is only necessary to process the newly created or modified information.
As a default setting, users of an iCloud account have access to 5 gigabytes of free storage. Would you say that this is a limited amount? There is a reality to this; unfortunately iCloud only backs up a small percentage of data; this comprises pictures, the home screen organization, texts, videos, purchase history, and ringtones.
However, even with this type of data, 5 GB may not be enough for all users to be able to store and access everything they need, particularly if they have many different pictures and video files on their cellphone.
By subscribing to a monthly plan, you are able to upgrade the amount of storage available on iCloud. In terms of the cost, it depends on the amount of extra storage you require, but there should be a scheme that fits your requirements. Firstly, tap the iCloud tab, then go to the Manage Storage section, then select the Change Storage Plan link. Your Apple ID information has been entered and you are now able to choose the type of storage plan you wish to purchase.
You are also able to select the types of data that iCloud will back up based on your preferences. You will find this functionality in the Backups section of the iCloud app. When you log in, you will be presented with a list of all the devices that are synced to your iCloud account. Moreover, you will be able to see the data about the last backup, the size of the backup, and when it was made.
When backing up data, it is normally photographs and videos that take up large amount of the storage space. You should be able to store other data on your computer in addition to the media files if you are offloading some of the media files to your computer.
How Do I Back Up iPhone 8 to Computer With iTunes?
Apple provides iTunes as its default program for backing up an iPhone on a computer. This allows iPhone users to back up their iPhone by using iTunes.
If you choose to back up your iPhone 8/ 8 Plus to your computer using iTunes, that will include almost all of the data and settings. By making an iTunes backup of your Apple device, you will be able to restore it if the device gets damaged, you lose your data, or if you simply decide to go to a new device.
What should be kept in mind, however, is that you cannot access the iPhone backup location, which indicates that the backup files are in an unreadable format, and, therefore, you cannot read them. Furthermore, you shouldn’t try to move or edit the backup, or you might end up losing it.
The following steps will show you how to backup your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus to your computer using iTunes:
- If your iPhone is connected to your computer via a USB cable, then iTunes should launch as soon as your iPhone is connected.
- Ensure that the computer is trusted as well as your iPhone.
- You need to navigate to “Summary” in iTunes by tapping the “Device” button.
- Click “Back Up Now” under the “Backups” section of the “iPhone” app to begin backing up on an iPhone 8/8 Plus to the computer. For those who wish to back up the Health and Activity data that is contained on their iPhones, you will have to select the option “Encrypt iPhone backup” and create a password for securing it. Please note: You should not forget the password!
How To Backup iPhone 8 Easy and Quickly?
Although iTunes and iCloud are some of the methods of backing up iPhone devices that are specifically designed and built for iPhone devices, iPhone users can also use external programs to backup their iPhone devices. There is a program called Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (iOS) that does just that. You can easily use this program to backup iPhone 8 to your computer by using a Mac or using a computer.
Using Dr.Fone to back up your iPhone 8
- I would recommend that you should download and install Dr.Fone on your computer before you start up the program. Click on the “Phone Backup” button on your new interface.
- If you select the backup option, after you have selected it, a list of all your files will be displayed on your iPhone 8. Click on the “Backup” option to select the files you wish to back up.
- Your selected files will be automatically backed up by Dr.Fone when you start it. The progress of your backup process can be tracked by keeping an eye on the progress of the backup request.
- Immediately after the backup is complete, you will then be able to export the files if you wish or restore them if you wish. At this point, it is up to you which choice you will make. It would be better if you could simply click on the “Recover to Device” button to be able to restore your iPhone 8. Alternatively, you can export the files to your computer by clicking on the “Export to PC” button.
You now have all the information you need. You will be able to back up every single file you selected for backup reasons, on both your PC and iPhone at the same time.
The benefits of backing up your iPhone with Dr.Fone
- When using this method, you will have the option of choosing the specific files that you want to back up, as opposed to backing up your entire phone with iCloud or iTunes.
- Taking a backup of your iPhone does not take much time.
- You are not required to have an internet connection to back up the data on your iPhone and iPad with Dr.Fone.
- There is a free trial version available for you to try out.
- It is possible for you to read the information that has been backed up.
Disadvantages of backing up iPhones through Dr.Fone
- To enjoy the full capabilities of the program, you will need to purchase the program, even though the trial version is available for free.
- Contrary to the iCloud method where your iPhone 8 is automatically backed up, you have to manually backup your iPhone 8.
How do I back up iPhone 8 via macOS Catalina (10.15)?
If you don’t want to use iCloud to backup your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus, that’s just fine; you have other choices as well. Alternatively, you can also backup your iPhone using a computer, but the method you take to do this depends on the type of computer you use and the type of operating system you use.
Note: You can skip this section if you are using Windows or macOS Mojave (10.14) or earlier. For those who use macOS Catalina (10.15), this section is for you.
- In the past, you could back up your iPhone to a Mac using Apple’s iTunes program, but the iTunes app was removed from macOS Catalina (10.15). The Finder now serves as the backup application for iPhones. To do so, follow these steps:
- Use a sync cable or connect wirelessly to your Mac to sync your iPhone.
- Create a new window in the Finder.
- Locate the Locations section on the left side of the Finder window. Select the name of your iPhone from the list.
- Click Trust if you are prompted to do so.
- The next step is to load in the Finder window a screen that somewhat resembles the screen of iPhone management in iTunes. You can create backups of all of the data on your iPhone by clicking on the Backups option in the General tab.
Note: The box beside Encrypt local backup needs to be checked on your Apple Watch if you have one. You will not be able to back up your Health or Activity data unless you do so.
- Your iPhone may ask you to enter your passcode before you can proceed. Upon entering the passcode, you should be able to begin backing up your data. You can then select the Back Up Now button to backup your iPhone to your Mac if it does not appear automatically.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
1. What is the best way to back up my iPhone 8 to my computer?
You can back up your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus via the Finder by following these steps:
- You will need to connect your iPhone 8/ 8 Plus to your computer in order to use Finder.
- Make sure the computer is trusted on the iOS device, and if you need to enter a password, do that.
- Click on the device menu on the left-hand side of the screen and then click on the “Back Up Now” to begin backing up your iPhone 8/8 Plus to your computer.
2. Is the iPhone 8 capable of automatically backing up its data?
It is important to note that when it comes to backing up your iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, iCloud is probably the easiest option. You can set your phone to automatically back up your data to your iCloud account when you connect it to Wi-Fi when you do so. … Click on the iCloud icon. Choose iCloud Backup from the list.
3. Do you know how to back up the photos on your iPhone?
You can enable this feature for an iOS device by going to Settings -> Photos -> iCloud Photos and enabling the setting. Now, any time your device connects to Wi-Fi and is fully charged, your photos will automatically upload to iCloud as soon as the device connects to your Wi-Fi network. It is possible, if you have iOS 11 or later on your phone, to sync your phone using a cellular connection as well.
Finally, the conclusion
You now know how to back up iPhone 8 and I hope this information has helped you. Kindly share this article with your friends and family members so that they can benefit from this guide too. In case you encounter any problem following the guide, then please feel free to let me know in the comment section below.