Text messages from a specific number are blocked from reaching your phone. If you want to do this, you may have multiple reasons, such as to stop spam or to cut ties with someone.
To block texts on your iPhone, you simply need to use the built-in settings. That way, you won’t need a separate message blocker. To block numbers, you need to use a different method depending on whether you use a texting app or a web browser.
If a number keeps texting you, you can also log into your carrier’s website and block them from sending you messages. In this tutorial, we describe with detail ” how to block text messages On iPhone 7?”
Tips: Blocking a phone number will stop you from receiving text messages from it. You might be able to separate the two with third-party apps so that you may know how to block text messages only instead of calls; however, the methods described below block both.
4 Best Ways How to Block Text Messages on iPhone 7?
You can block Text Messages on your iPhone in multiple ways. By blocking a specific number, you also block all of the messages, call, or FaceTime encounters from that number.
1. By Using An iMessage App
- Select the conversation in Messages containing the number that you wish to block.
- Right-click on the contact and select the arrow.
- Click on the information icon (“i”).
- Go to Info (the final button of a row of four).
5. Select Block this Caller from the list.
6. Verify that Block Contact is selected.
2. From a Recent Call
In the Phone or FaceTime App, open the list of incoming calls, select the (i) icon next to your desired caller, and select Block this Caller.
3. Using The Settings Menu
You can set up your phone’s call blocking and text blocking options from Settings even if you haven’t had a recent message or call from the person you want to block.
- Set up your settings.
- You can block contacts by tapping Messages > Blocked Contacts.
- Go to the Add New tab.
If there are many blocked numbers already, you’ll need to scroll all the way down.
- You can block contact by selecting it.
- Confirm your selection by tapping Block again.
4. Block text Messages On iMessages From Unfamiliar Numbers
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone. Select the Grey gearbox on the right side of the screen to open the Settings app.
- Tap Messages after you scroll down. The option can be found in the fifth row.
- Tap “Filter Unknown Senders” in the white box if you haven’t already selected it. A green switch appears. You can now In the Messages app, you will now see messages sent by people who are not on your contacts list separate from those from your contacts.
A new tab will appear at the top of the Messages app: Unknown Senders and Contacts, SMS. When a message is sent to Unknown Senders, you will not be notified.
Explore More Latest Feature Of iPhone: