In order to maintain good interpersonal relationships, texting is a vital tool. Even as part of our business correspondence, texting plays a significant role. In fact, dealing with junk text messages is part of what makes them so irritating. It is totally unnecessary that these messages are appearing in your inbox and blocking them prevents them from distracting you while you browse through your inbox.
Can someone on iMessage be prevented from sending you messages? I believe that this is among the most commonly asked questions by users of Apple’s iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. The good news is that the Apple iPhone has a blocking feature that will stop any further messages from that number from appearing in your Messages app.
Keeping in mind that blocking someone on iMessage will also prevent them from calling, FaceTime, or sending you a text message is an important thing to remember.
The problem is that people who own smartphones sometimes receive annoying texts from people they don’t want to receive messages from. It is also possible to receive random texts from an unknown number, and you may even have to be very patient in case this happens to you.
Luckily, there is a solution to this problem, because there are several options for blocking incoming text messages. For example, most smartphones have the option to block incoming messages, and iPhone 8 is no different.
Are you looking for a way to block text messages on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus? Would you like to block texts from a certain number? Are you tired of getting spam messages from unknown numbers? You might want to read the following article just in case. In this guide, we show you how to block text messages on iPhone 8. The article discusses four different ways in which you can do it. If you’re looking for a solution to your iPhone problems, you can choose anything from these four tips.
How to block text messages on iPhone 8 from a known number?
The two tips in this section will help you to avoid receiving text messages from a specific contact on your iPhone if you do not want to receive them. Besides the fact that blocking text messages on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus can be a means of preventing others from bothering you, it can also allow you to save more storage space on your device due to the fact that too many messages can overburden your iPhone’s storage.
Text messages from a specific number can be blocked using Messages
- You can access the Messages app on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus by going to the Messages app.
- Choose the number or contact from which you wish to block text messages and click on it.
- Then click the phone number/contact by tapping on the i icon.
- You can block this caller by clicking Block Contact > Block this Caller. In that way, you can not only block the text messages that come from that number, but you can also block the calls from that number as well.
Using the iPhone’s settings, Block text messages sent by a certain number
It is possible to perform many actions in the Settings app of an iPhone, including inverting the colors and deactivating location services. Fortunately, this is not an exception to the rule.
- The list of blocked contacts will appear under Settings then Messages and then Blocked when you open this app on an iPhone.
- Click on Add New and choose a contact from which you wish to block text messages. A contact can be unblocked by swiping left across it and tapping the Unblock button.
How to block text messages on iPhone 8 from an unknown number?
There are two ways in which you can stop sending text messages from unknown numbers, while if you want to do that, here are the steps.
Using the iPhone’s settings, Block text messages from unknown numbers
- Your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus has a settings menu for messages that can be found under Settings > Messages.
- Select Filter Unknown Senders from the drop-down menu.
Using the iPhone, you can block spam messages
As soon as you receive an iMessage from an unknown number, you can report it by clicking Report Junk. Apple will then be able to help you resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Are Blocked Senders Aware of the fact that they have been blocked?
In cases where someone chooses to block you and knows you have chosen to not read their messages, it can create awkward situations, especially when the person you have blocked finds out about it.
The main thing that you should be aware of is that Apple’s Messages app lets you send/receive both SMS/MMS and iMessage messages. Unlike SMS and MMS messages, iMessages use your WiFi connection exclusively, while SMS and MMS use your data plan. By the way, if the text came in the form of SMS/MMS, the sender has no way of knowing that they have been blocked. On the other hand, if they were using the iMessage feature, they might notice that their message has not been delivered. Despite this slight hint, however, it can easily be missed, and can easily drift under the radar.
Other options available to you
If you’re looking for a way to get rid of unsolicited texts, then you have a few more options as well.
You can, for example, get third-party apps that let you filter your messages according to your needs in order to better serve your purpose. As a last resort, you might want to contact your carrier and inquire whether they offer any filters to help you avoid spam messages.
In addition to this, Apple users can also report spam through iMessage. Although this does not block the sender automatically, it does help Apple create an efficient block list by collecting the necessary information.
Tip: How can I block a number from your iPhone 8?
You should add a number to your iPhone block list if you would like to make it impossible for someone to call or text you on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus. Here is detailed information on how to add numbers to your iPhone block list.
The iPhone 8 comes with two different features that can be used to block calls:
- Using the Do Not Disturb feature. All phone calls are redirected to voicemail and all notifications are muted.
- You can also block a specific contact from receiving phone calls, texts, or Facetime by using the “Blocked” feature.
Blocking or unblocking calls from a specific number:
- Navigate to Settings and then Phone and then Blocked.
- Your iPhone Blacklist can be found here. You can choose to block text messages from specific numbers and to block calls from specific numbers. Simply click on Add New to add the number you wish to block to your list of blocked numbers.
- Simply tap the Edit button in the top right of the block list, and then simply remove the item from your blocked list if you wish to remove a number from that list.
Using the following method, you can muffle all calls from any number:
- Select Do Not Disturb in the Settings menu.
- “Manual” should be selected. Additionally, you can set your phone to automatically block all calls at specific times of the day, you can do this by turning on “Scheduled”.
Note: In order to be able to receive calls again, you should make sure that Manual is off.
We hope to have been able to assist you in blocking a number on your iPhone 8 by helping you with this guide. If you found this post helpful, please share it on social media, so that we can spread the word to as many people as possible.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
1. How can I find out if I am blocked on an iPhone?
There may be a potential block if you get a message that says “Message Not Delivered” or if you do not receive any notification at all. Your next option would be to call the individual. In addition to the call going straight to voicemail or ringing once (or half a ring) before going to voicemail, that is another sign that the call might have been blocked.
2. Why can I still receive texts from blocked numbers?
The texts sent by a blocked contact do not reach the recipient. If you have blocked a person’s phone number, that person will not receive any evidence that their message to you has been blocked; their message will simply sit there looking as though it were sent but has not yet reached you, but will rather disappear into the ether.
3. When someone blocks your texts, how do you know?
I suggest you look for that confirmation when you are looking at your messages with the person you think may have blocked you. This will indicate whether your last message was received and responded to. In the future, if you don’t see the “delivered” notification under the next message you send, then it is likely that you have been blocked by that person.
4. What caused my iPhone to turn green when text messages were blue?
The blue message background indicates that the message was sent using iMessage technology. As a consequence, the message would be sent using SMS and, due to this, the colored background of the message would turn green if iMessage was turned off either on your iPhone or on the other iPhone.
5. Is it possible to tell if you’ve been blocked on iMessage?
You’ll know you’ve been blocked if the text bubbles inside your iMessage suddenly change color from blue to green in the middle of a conversation. It may just be that the difference in the ‘sent’ versus the ‘delivered’ badge is merely an indication that you have been blocked. You can also manage your file storage, photos, and other things with these tools.
The bottom line
Now that you know how to block text messages on iPhone 8 you may feel more comfortable using it. It would be greatly appreciated if you or any of your friends or family members shared this article and if you have any problems with this guide, then please feel free to let me know in the comment section below.