Videos posted on TikTok are sweeping the Internet, proving that the key to a big audience today is to create content that is short, snappy, and entertaining. Since TikTok made its debut in 2017, its popularity has skyrocketed to tremendous levels. This app allows users to create and share 15 sec lip-sync, music, and comedy videos. TikTok was developed as the successor to Vine, an app that was similar in its concept but shut down in 2016. This left a hole in the market, which TikTok filled. There are several platforms out there that host longer videos; others, such as Instagram and Snapchat, are more suitable for personal vlogs; but TikTok combines the strengths of several of them. With Vine, the short-form videos give you the quickest way to consume content, and its user feed is similar to the one on Instagram, which means that the app is fairly intuitive for most teenagers.
With TikTok, the most popular app on the iPhone in 2018, the company surpassed other popular social media platforms such as Instagram and Snapchat. The app has now slipped from the top five most popular apps, although it was one of those apps in the beginning, and it has since been downloaded over a billion times. Despite the fact that it is all the rage with kids and teens around the world, it is easy to see why: these short, funny videos are very addictive, so you can easily spend quite a bit of time scrolling through them and having fun with your friends. It also has a musical feature that makes it different from Snapchat or Instagram Stories, and its platform allows young people to express themselves in the world of music.
As a user of an iPhone, if you wish to block the app totally, you can do so and completely block TikTok. It is true that owing to the wide scope of the app’s success, it arouses the interest of many young adolescents from all over the world. There are times when the app takes the student’s life too much and prevents him from doing his homework properly or studying throughout the night. Nevertheless, know that there is the possibility of blocking access to the application TikTok, either temporarily or permanently, if it will be necessary. In this article, we show you how to block TikTok on iPhone.
What is TikTok all about? What exactly does TikTok do?
ByteDance is a Chinese tech company that specializes in developing internet technologies for online video sharing and content generation. In this app, users create short-form vertical videos by posing for photos, dancing, lip-syncing, performing comedy skits, and other activities.
Having launched in 2012, TikTok has been downloaded almost 2 billion times as of February 2020, according to Sensor Tower. In addition to being the original provider of TikTok, ByteDance is the owner of Douyin, a Chinese-specific version of the app.
One of TikTok’s key features is For You Page, a curated collection of videos that are specifically curated to meet the needs of its users through an algorithm. During TikTok’s algorithmic analyses, it studies each user’s engagement patterns (likes, shares, time spent watching, comments, etc.) to find out what kind of content they are most interested in and then helps serve them relevant content according to those preferences.
TikTok is a social networking app that allows users to create videos and share them with their friends, and watch, like, and comment on those videos we posted from other users. You may follow users whose content you like on Twitter and Instagram, and you will be notified whenever they post new videos in your feed. In addition to the ability to use someone else’s sound, the application offers the ability to use your own sound from an existing video, and users have used this ability to do simple video challenges and share unique videos to the same songs. In addition to recording original music and audio, people are also able to record their own songs.
Is it appropriate for my employees to use TikTok at work?
TikTok is definitely used on a daily basis by employees in the workplace. On the app, there are a lot of viral videos where employees make jokes or performances about their day-to-day work lives or dance in uniform while wearing their company’s uniforms.
It may be difficult to make an accurate decision as to whether or not to ban the app from company-owned devices, as the decision will depend on a number of factors
Do you have any plans to limit employees’ access to TikTok in the workplace?
TikTok’s productivity is something that employers should be aware of. While TikTok is available in web browsers, TikTok is most commonly used as a mobile application. TikTok users could be using their personal mobile devices at work throughout the day and using their own data plans while using TikTok while at work.
Each additional app on your mobile device increases the potential surface area where attacks can take place, in terms of privacy and security. If a company provides its employees with IOS devices, there might be a reason to be concerned about what information TikTok and other apps are able to access and share.
TikTok videos of employees wearing uniforms are considered well received for their quality. However, from the perspective of a brand’s reputation, there are concerns that employees may not represent their company in an appropriate manner.
How to block TikTok on iPhone and iPad?
- Sign up for Freedom by going to the App Store, downloading it, and installing it. You will be able to launch the application when you touch the Freedom icon.
- Add a block list by clicking on Blocklist, then select the Add a block list.
- Choose a name for your blocklist.
- Enter tiktok.com as the URL to the Add Block, then tap OK to save. Then you need to tap Save in the upper right corner of the screen after you have titled your block list.
- Are you interested in blocking TikTok right now? To start the blocking process, select the icon. In the Devices list, you can select your iPhone, iPad, or both, and you will see the correct blocklist in the list. Lastly, you can choose the length of the session, or you can click the End Time button to select the end time for your session. You can start your block session by clicking Start.
- You can schedule a block session for TikTok to take place at a later time by tapping the Sessions icon and clicking the Schedule a Session button.
- The name of your session and the time at which it starts and ends should be decided beforehand. Next, you should select the blocklist you have just created and for the device, set it to either your iPhone or iPad. When you are finished, tap Save, and you are all set for the session to begin.
- It is possible to set up a recurring session by tapping Repeats and then choosing the days of the week when you would like the block to occur.
Blocking someone on TikTok for iPhone and iPad
- Click on Tik Tok to open it. To identify this icon, look for the black icon where there is a white music note inside. Most of the time, this icon can be found on the home screen.
- Press the magnifying glass. You will find it near the bottom of your screen.
- To search for someone, simply type their username into the search box. You can find the search box at the top of the page.
- Select the person’s name or photo from the list. The person’s profile will open.
- You can access the menu by tapping the … button. In the right side corner of your screen. When you click this, a menu will appear at the bottom.
- Click on the Block. There will be an immediate notification that you are no longer able to communicate with that person.
Tip: Using an Android phone or tablet to block TikTok
- To launch the Freedom app, select the Freedom icon. Once the Freedom app has been launched, click on Blocklists. You will then see Manage under the Blocked Applications section.
- Find the TikTok app by scrolling or searching for it. Have trouble finding it? There are three dots next to the magnifying glass icon. Select on the three dots and then check the box that says Show All Apps. You can easily block an app by sliding the toggle on the right-hand side of the screen when you find TikTok.
- You can start a session by tapping the Start Session tab. To block Android applications, tap the Block Android Apps option.
- You can now begin your block session by clicking Start Now, then picking the blocklist you want to include, the devices you want to include, as well as when you want to end your session. When you are ready, choose Start Session.
- It is also possible to start your session at a later time by clicking Start Later. After you have determined your start and end times, the devices you wish to include, you can select Create Schedule and the schedule will be created.
- Are you interested in setting up recurring block sessions? Choosing Recurring allows you to enter start and end times for your block session, as well as specify the days of the week on which you wish the session to repeat. To complete the process, select Create a Schedule.
An Overview of TikTok Concerns
The popularity of TikTok grew rapidly over the past year, so it’s no wonder that people began voicing their concerns about the app’s widespread problems. Parents who were conscious of their children’s security and the possibility of their personal information being compromised were worried that this might be a significant factor in the skewing of user age. There have been some reports of users being targeted by cyberbullying on the app, and some say they are facing such incidents.
It is also worth noting that TikTok has been proven to be an extremely addictive application. Even a couple of minutes of watching a video can quickly turn into hours of screen time, and the fact that this is an app aimed at young people probably means that many of these users are not thinking about the potential negative consequences of this kind of usage. Nonetheless, it’s important for young people as well to limit their screentime: studies show that when teens spend a lot of time with their phones each day, they are more likely to develop depression, be easily distracted, anxiety, and loneliness.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
1. What is the best way to block TikTok on my iPad?
It is quite easy to block TikTok on an iPhone or iPad by downloading Freedom from the App Store and signing up for it. From the Blocklist section, select Add a blocklist and choose a blocklist you want to block. Give your blocklist a name. To add the URL tiktok.com to the Add Block, tap Add Block and then click Add.
2. Can I block TikTok from my child’s iPhone if he uses it?
- In the Settings menu, tap the Screen Time option.
- Enter the passcode that you created for Screen Time under Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Then click Web Content, then select Content Restrictions.
- If you want to allow unrestricted access to the internet, you can decide to limit adult sites only or to allow all websites.
3. What is the best way to block TikTok videos?
It is as simple as clicking on the profile picture on a TikTok video and it will take you directly to the user’s profile. Find the three dots icon in the upper-right corner of their profile page and tap it to access their profile. Click “Block” where it says & then click on it.
4. Is it possible to block TikTok users?
It is possible to block a user on TikTok by visiting his or her profile, and you can also unblock them later by visiting the app’s privacy settings. You will not be able to view a user’s profile or videos when you block them on TikTok. If you block or unblock a TikTok user, they will not receive any notification indicating that you have done so.
5. What is your strategy for controlling TikTok content?
To check if you have the latest version, go to either the App Store for iPhones or the Google Play Store for Androids. By tapping on the bottom right of the screen, you will be able to get to your profile, and tapping on the top right of the screen will take you to the ‘Privacy and Settings page. Upon clicking on it, you will see a menu similar to the one shown below. Select the ‘Digital Wellbeing’ option.
The bottom line
Now that you have understood how to block TikTok on iPhone, I hope you are not confused anymore. You are invited to share this article with your friends and family members so that they can benefit from it as well. If you have any questions about this guide, feel free to let me know in the comments section below.