Are you having difficulty reading the fonts and text on your iPhone or iPad? Want to make it better? There is also the option of Bold Text available in iOS, which may be useful to some users because it might improve your ability to read text. Additionally, some people might actually prefer the bolder look of text throughout apps, and for that reason alone, they may decide to incorporate it into their everyday lives.
If there was the possibility of text messages sent from the iPhone with bold, italicized, or underlined text, that would be incredibly helpful. The default iPhone messages app requires that any text messages sent via that app are still written in a standard font, so for now that’s the case.
In other words, they do not have a subject line. It is possible to add a bold subject line to every text message you send on your iPhone by editing its message setting.
Having bolded subject lines in your text messages is something you’ll probably never want to give up once you get started. In a professional setting, sending messages with bolded subjects can help them stand out, and being able to do so will make them appear more professional. In this article, we show you how to bold text on iPhone.
The following instructions will guide you through the process.
How to bold text on iPhone/iPad or iPod touch?
Adding a bold font to your text will give your text a more rich and bold feel, which can enhance readability.
- You can access the Settings app by opening it.
- Accessibility can be found in the Settings app.
- Display & Text Size can be found under the Accessibility screen.
- To turn on Bold Text, select the toggle switch under Display & Text Size.
How to bold text on iPhone text messages via subject lines?
- You can open the iPhone’s Settings app by scrolling down to Messages and tapping it.
- To turn on the Show Subject Field toggle switch, tap the toggle switch under the heading “SMS/MMS” at the bottom of the page to turn green and make it active.
- Using the Messages app, create a new message or open a chain that has already been sent.
- There will now be a field called “Subject” under the text field. Whatever you type in this field will be bolded when the message is sent.
Note: This subject line cannot contain an entire text message, however. Any attempt to do so will result in the bold text being converted into regular text.
Although you cannot use bold text on the iPhone’s internal text message app, there are a number of several apps that allow you to do so. Examples of these apps are WhatsApp and Telegram, both of which are extremely popular.
How can the text in a normal SMS be made bold?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. There is no subject line feature available on any other platform. The standard SMS app does not offer the subject line feature. When you use any other method to send the message, this is the result. You won’t be able to send the message even if you use any other method in the Subject Line.
If you’re having trouble formatting the text on your iMessages or SMS, there are a few apps that may be helpful enough. It depends on the specific capabilities of your device, so make sure you check it out. Despite its reputation as a highly secure operating system, you may find that some features on third-party apps do not work or are restricted since iOS is known for its high-security levels.
Are other services likely to be affected by the Subject Line feature?
Not at all. Subject Lines are a feature of your iPhone that does not affect any other app, as explained in the previous paragraph. This will not affect the functionality of the notification system, spotlight search, or any other element on your iPhone. Despite this, your device will still function normally and no changes will be made to its functionality.
Depending on the functionality of the application, it may not be true that it adapts to all of your requirements. The Subject line feature would be particularly useful in situations like these, where it would be appropriate to only enable the feature when it is needed and disable it when it is not.
You should be able to figure out what to do once you disable the Subject Line feature. This is particularly true since you know where it can be found. Keeping the service is disabled is the best way because you will only need to activate it as needed.
This is what you need to do:
- Click on the Settings button
- You can send messages by tapping the screen
- Under SMS/MMS, you will now find the option Show Subject Field. You will now need to disable it.
How to bold text on iPhone in the Notes App?
- Open the Notes application on your iPhone. If you want to use your notepad on your home screen, you can tap the icon that appears on that screen (it might also be located in a folder called “Productivity” or “Utilities”).
- By tapping on the “New Note” icon, a new note will be created. There is an icon with a pencil and a notepad on the bottom right side of the Notes screen.
Note: The Notes icon can be tapped and held if your device supports 3-D touch and then you can click New Note.
- Please type a message into Notes.
- Hold your finger on the screen while tapping.
- Select all items by tapping Select All. Choose only one word if you only want it to appear bold.
- Please click BIU to format it so that bold, italics, and underlining will be displayed.
- To make it bold, click it. You should see your selected text become bold.
Tip: How to bold text on iPhone 11 in the email app?
You are also going to see some other formatting options that are available when formatting your emails on an iPhone 11, such as italics and underlines, once you learn how to bold text.
Other iPhone apps such as Notes and Mail can be utilized in the same way to bold text.
If you wish to make all of the text on your iPhone bolder, you can change the Settings app in order to make this happen. You can easily activate bold text in the settings menu, by going to Display & Brightness > Bold Text.
- Go to the Mail app and open it.
- Click the Compose button on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Put the recipient’s email address, a subject line, and type your email message into the box provided.
- If you want to bold a word, first tap on it, and then choose the option to bold it.
- Select the BIU button after you have selected the rest of the text with the sliders.
- To apply the bold format to the selected text you can choose the Bold option.
Your iPhone probably has a keyboard that you are familiar with. It is the keyboard that appears when you do things like send emails and write text messages.
Nevertheless, there are some apps that use that keyboard on the Apple smartphone that have some other ways of entering and formatting text beside the keyboard itself. Here you will find a guide that will explain how you can select text in an email and make it bold.
Here is how you can use the iPhone 11 to create bold text in your emails
We have performed the tasks described in this article on an iPhone 11 running iOS 13.4. Similarly, the method described here can also be applied to several iOS devices, such as the iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro, and some iPod Touch models. This method can also be used to create bold, underlined, and italicized text in applications like Mail or Notes.
- The first step is to open your email.
- Click the Compose button.
- Make sure you include all of the information you want in the email, as well as bolding the text you want.
- Double-tap on work to select it automatically, or on a word once to click it, and then click on the Select option.
- Please press the BIU button.
- Make sure that the Bold option is selected.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
1. Is it possible to make the text bold in Imessage?
In an iPhone text message, you can’t bold the text that you wish, but you can give your text the subject line that you wish to be bold. Making your iPhone texts stand out from the rest by adding a bold subject line can be one of the best ways to make your message memorable.
2. I want to make the text on my iPhone bold. What should I do?
Launch the Settings app. The Accessibility setting will be listed when you open the Settings app. In the Accessibility section, choose Display & Text Size from the drop-down menu. You will need to select Bold Text on the Display & Text Size screen in order to activate the toggle switch for Bold Text.
3. What does the BIU button do?
The bar has this time been configured to include the option “B-I-U” (bold, italics, underline). In order to see this option when looking at a smaller screen (including the iPhone), you may have to go to the side of the bar and touch an arrow to extend it. You will now be presented with the option to choose “Bold, Italics, and Underline” by tapping the “BIU”.
4. Is it possible to change the font in iMessage?
The font on your iPhone cannot be changed at all, however, you can adjust the font size in a couple of different ways. It is possible to adjust the font size in almost every app on your iPhone using the Settings application. With the latest version of iOS, you have the ability to change the font size for each individual app by using the Control Center option.
5. Does the iPhone have the capability of highlighting a text message?
It’s no problem, that’s for sure. There is a variety of commands available in the Format menu, and you can use them to adjust the font size, color, and boldness of the text which can also be done through the Format menu.
Now that you know how to bold text on iPhone, you can use it yourself. So with that in mind, I would appreciate your sharing this article with your friends and family members and if you come across any difficulties with this guide, please let me know in the comment section below.