As you have likely experienced in the past when using a desktop or laptop web browser with bookmarks, you are likely familiar with opening the bookmarks folder to find the saved pages, and you probably know how to create a new bookmark when you find a new Web page that you want to remember later. Nonetheless, if you have an iPhone, it may be a little more challenging to find the bookmark folder, and since the interface on the iPhone is a bit different, you may be wondering how to bookmark.
There are so many websites out there that you like that it is difficult to remember them all. Our use of the Internet has grown to such an extent that we are now visiting dozens of Web pages per day, usually unaware that we are doing so. As it is not always easy to recall the sites that you found helpful or entertaining, it is a good idea to bookmark or add things to your favorites so that you can easily revisit these sites and find the information again.
Would you like to bookmark a web page or website on your iPhone or iPad using Safari? In addition to making the process of revisiting websites and pages on the web much easier, bookmarks are a great way to maintain a running list of things to do online.
If you are new to Safari and have no clue how it works, or if you have no idea how to add or manage bookmarks, you have come to the right place. As part of this article, you will learn how to bookmark a page on iPhone or iPad.
How to bookmark a page on iPhone in Safari?
The following instructions will show you how to add an iPhone or iPod touch bookmark to Safari:
- Safari is the app that you need to open in order to bookmark a URL.
- Located at the bottom of the page, you will find an icon that allows you to share the page. A box with an upward-pointing arrow appears.
- You can add bookmarks to the Share menu by tapping Add Bookmark. The bookmark can be given a new name if you wish, or you can simply tap Save to save it under its original name.
- If you would prefer to add a bookmark, press and hold the Bookmark icon (it looks like the cover of a book) beside the Share icon until the Add Bookmark option appears. When it appears, choose the Save button.
How to Add Favorites on an iPhone?
To add favorites, follow these steps:
- The first thing you need to do is launch Safari and go to the URL of the page you wish to add to favorites.
- Located at the bottom of the page, you will find an icon that allows you to share the page. The icon appears in the form of a box with an arrow pointing upwards.
- Add to Favorites is available in the Share menu. The original URL will be saved under the name you entered, or you can enter a new name and save the URL under that name.
Tip: Differences between bookmarks & favorites in Safari
While tapping the Share button, you will notice that there is an option that allows you to add a bookmark as well as a favorite. There is a bit of confusion concerning the location of bookmarks in the Favorites folder because this is the default location for bookmarks to be saved.
Favorites are nothing more than special bookmarks. You can choose to add bookmarks to your Favorites folder by clicking on the Add Bookmark button in the Share menu, or by clicking on the “Add to Favorites” button in the Bookmarks menu. If you save the bookmark to your Favorites folder, it becomes a favorite. When you store a bookmark in any other folder than the default Favorites folder, you will need to navigate past that folder before you can find it.
The iPhone and iPod Touch have the ability to add bookmark shortcuts to the home screen, allowing you to go directly to a website without needing to first open Safari on your Mac.
How to bookmark a page on iPhone in Chrome?
It should come as no surprise that many people prefer Chrome to Safari as a web browser for their personal notebooks and desktop computers. Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers on computers, so it doesn’t come as a surprise that it is used by so many people instead of Safari. Chrome also supports bookmark creation on your iPhone, which is very handy.
- Launch Chrome.
- Visit the Web page you wish to bookmark.
- Tap on the Share icon located at the top of the screen next to the address.
- By selecting the Bookmark option, you will be able to save the page.
It appears at the bottom of your screen that the bookmark has been saved until you click on the bar at the bottom. If you wish to rename the widget, there is also a button that says “Edit.” on that bar.
If you want to find the Chrome bookmarks on your iPhone, tap the three dots located at the bottom right of the screen and choose Bookmarks from the menu that appears.
How to bookmark a page on iPhone in Firefox?
In addition to Google Chrome, you may also want to use the Firefox mobile browser on your iPhone. The Firefox browser is also one of the most popular choices for desktop and laptop computers just like Chrome.
- Launch Firefox.
- Visit the page you want to bookmark.
- In the bottom right-hand corner, there is a three-dot menu.
- Select Bookmark This Page from the drop-down menu.
By tapping the three lines at the bottom right of the screen, you can find your bookmarks in the Safari iPhone browser by tapping the Your Library option, which is located on the left side of the screen.
Pro Tip: Editing and Arranging Bookmarks
There are several ways to edit and arrange your bookmarks:
- Safari displays a list of folders under the Bookmarks icon at the bottom of any page. If you would like to view your folders and bookmarks, tap the Bookmarks tab at the top.
- You can edit folders by tapping a folder to open it, displaying the individual URLs that are stored inside of it, then clicking Edit.
- Tap the red minus icon next to the name of the folder or bookmark to delete it.
- You can move a folder or bookmark to a different location by dragging the three horizontal lines icon next to it.
- On the editing screen, click New Folder at the bottom. This will enable you to add a folder to your list.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
1. What is the best way to add a website to my favorites?
- Launch the Google Chrome web browser.
- In order to bookmark a web page for future visiting, you need to navigate to the web page using the address bar located at the top of the screen.
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of your browser. icon.
- At the top of the screen, you will find an icon that looks like a star.
2. Could you please tell me how I can add a website to my iPhone home screen?
- Open the Safari app on your device.
- If you would like to create a shortcut to the website you entered the URL of the website into the address field.
- A drop-down menu will appear if you tap the icon on the top left of the Safari window. The icon features a right-pointing arrow coming out of a box.
- Select Add to Home Screen from the drop-down menu.
3. Where can I find my favorites list on my iPhone?
In the phone app on your iPhone, go to the bottom left of the screen and pick up the star with the word Favorite underneath that you have ignored for so long you don’t even recognize it. You will be shown a list of all the contacts you have already added to your Favorites by tapping it.
4. What is the process for pinning a bookmark on the iPhone?
Drag the tab to the left side of the tab bar in the Safari app on your Mac. Upon shrinking the tab and displaying the website’s icon or initial, simply drag it into the correct position. The Pin Tab option is also available via Window > Pin Tab or Control-clicking a tab, then choosing Pin Tab.
Now that you know how to bookmark a page on iPhone, you can move on to the next step. It would be great if you could share this article with your friends and family members, and if you have any difficulty in using this guide, then please let me know in the comment section below.