In this article, we are briefly describing ” how to call 911 on iPhone?”. Follow the detailed guide for making calling on 911 through your iPhone either by using Siri or your Home button.
Whenever You Should Call 911
An emergency is a police, fire, or medical call that requires immediate action: someone’s health, safety, or property are in peril, or there is an ongoing crime. Be responsible when calling 911. Weather, power outages, and municipal services are not available to our call takers. The non-emergency number cannot be obtained by calling 9-1-1. The numbers for Nonemergency.ca may be found in your phone book, or you can get them by calling directory assistance (411).
You can rely on us to dispatch and take 9-1-1 calls. Our highly-trained professionals will get you the help you need. Here are some tips should you need to dial 911.
911 Facts and Figures
If you are calling 911 merely for fun or entertainment, please do not do so. When an emergency operator is busy talking to someone who does not need the operator’s assistance, someone who calls urgently might have to wait. It is a crime to dial 911 as a prank in many places for this reason.
Don’t call 911 until you’re completely safe. In the event of a fire at your home, leave the house before calling 911. Anybody’s house or cellphone can always be used for calling. When an emergency occurs, you should make sure that you discuss when to call 911 with your parents or another adult. You should always dial 911 if there are no adults around and you are uncertain whether there is an emergency. Life could be saved.
How To Call 911 On iPhone?
You might be able to save your life with Siri. A hands-free 911 call can be made with a voice command if you can’t reach the phone.
Many headlines have already been made about Siri‘s lifesaving abilities:
- Trying to find his phone after flipping his Jeep in the Nevada desert, a single father started screaming for Siri to get help.
- A pro-biker hit by a busted blood vessel became paralyzed from the neck down while in his apartment. Despite being just 10 inches away from the iPhone, he couldn’t press the home button. He had no other option than to call Siri for assistance.
- A paddleboarder using her Apple Watch called for help when she was blown out to sea by a strong wind. In less than 15 minutes, the Harbormaster responded to the local emergency without a lifeguard on duty.
- As a result of burns from escaping a burning house, a man from New Hampshire was unable to reach his phone. He called 911 with the assistance of Siri.
If there’s an emergency, what will you do?” These steps will show you how to use Siri to call 911.
Steps For Calling 911 On iPhone Using Siri:
The following voice commands can be used to contact 911 with Siri:
- “Hey Siri, dial 911”
- “Hey Siri, call the ambulance”
- “Hey Siri, call the emergency services.”
- Tell Siri to call 911
If you request Siri to call emergency services, it will respond that they will be contacted in five seconds. This way, you can cancel the call if it’s not what you wanted.
How to Call 911 On iPhone With The Help Of the Power Button?
- While holding one of the volume buttons and the side button at the same time, you will see the Emergency SOS slider appear. Imagine holding your iPhone and pressing the buttons on both sides of it while you’re holding it. Simple, right?
- You have two options for making the 911 call after the Emergency-Shutdown screen appears.
- Hold the volume and side buttons. An alert sound will be sounded and the emergency 911 call will be made after a countdown of five seconds.
- Call 911 emergency services by sliding the Emergency SOS slider. The call will be made immediately and without counting down.
Text messages will alert your emergency contacts that a 911 call has been placed.
Both Apple and Android users are using the safety feature to avoid dangerous situations.
- Friends and family can stay safe in public places by using the Emergency SOS feature on their smartphones.
- When activated, this feature produces a loud siren that can alert others to the need for assistance, as well as make an automatic call to emergency services.
- Your phone could also send automatic texts with your location details to the people you choose to receive them in an emergency.
The main objective of Emergency SOS is to immediately notify others of a user’s distress by triggering a loud siren on the iPhone. The most important feature of Emergency SOS is that it also sends an automated text message to a contact of your choice, and if this feature is enabled in your settings, call emergency services in your area. Similar features are also available for Android users.
You can get emergency assistance from your iPhone by holding down the lock button and a volume button at the same time for 5 seconds. You’ll hear the phone’s siren if you continue to hold it. Alternatively, if you have an additional feature enabled in your account settings, you can activate the siren by simply pressing the screen lock button alone. The siren can be activated by clicking it five times in succession.
How To Set Up Emergency SOS On Your iPhone?
Apple’s iPhones starting with the iPhone 8 include the Emergency SOS feature by default. A sliding Emergency SOS slider will appear when screen lock and volume buttons are pressed at the same time. This will initiate an automatic call. Another option is to press the Initiate the siren and 911 calls five times in quick succession to initiate the siren and call emergency services.
The Emergency SOS function should be enabled in your Settings under “Emergency SOS.” Below is an example.
Apple’s Health app requires you to set up emergency contacts in order to fully utilize the feature. The following are the steps you should take if you haven’t already:
- Tap the profile picture in your Health app.
- On the next page, select Medical ID.
- The Emergency Contacts section will appear once you tap edit.
- You can add contacts by tapping the add button and indicating their relationship to you.
5. Save your changes by tapping Done.
If you have activated Emergency SOS, iPhone will send a text message to each emergency contact with your current location and notification that you have initiated the SOS after your 911 call is terminated. Using this feature will automatically turn on-location services, and if you are actively moving, the location will also be updated with your final destination, according to Apple.
If your phone is locked or you are unconscious, you can even add more information about your personal health to your Medical ID, so first responders will have access to this information.
SOS messages can be set up similarly on Android devices via the “Advanced Features” tab and “SOS Messages” tab, which is both located on the home screen. On Samsung devices, you can set up these alerts and messages automatically by following the steps here.
In Which Situation You Should Call 911?
- An emergency situation that threatens people or property immediately: screams, attacks, gunshots, fires, car accidents with injuries, or any other medical emergency
- Crime in progress that is substantive. Fighting, break-ins (if there is a suspect present) or reports of impaired drivers fall under this category
- An incident of serious crime (for example, an assault or a robbery) has just occurred
- The presence of suspicious circumstances that may point to a criminal act (for instance, prowlers or vandals).
Readout Our Latest Updates About iPhone: