While Apple does not allow users to transfer files and data using Bluetooth on iPhones, there are several other ways Bluetooth can be used on iPhones, like connecting to another Bluetooth device like a Bluetooth speaker or headphones or configuring a new iOS device. There is a chance that you may encounter confusion if you have multiple iPhones or if there are people around you with the same name as yours. Apple iOS uses the device name as the Bluetooth name as a means of connecting to devices. For that reason, if you were interested in changing the Bluetooth name on your iPhone, then you will not be able to do so as easily as you would on any android smartphone. Read on to find out how to change the Bluetooth name on iPhone.
It can be hard to keep track of all your Bluetooth devices – headphones, earbuds, speakers, maybe even a few cars – when you have many synced with your iPhone.
Likewise, many cars simply identify themselves as “Car Multimedia” in their Bluetooth settings, which is no help either. It is possible to rename Bluetooth devices so that they are more memorable. It’s easy to do. Here’s how.
How to change Bluetooth name on iPhone?
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to the Bluetooth device you want to rename. When your iPhone is connected to a Bluetooth device you can rename it.
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Select “Bluetooth.”
- Rename the device by finding it. Verify that “Connected” appears and tap the “i” at the top.
- Click “Name.”
- Tap “Done” on the keyboard after renaming the device on the Name page.
It’s done – the device has been renamed.
Two options are available if you don’t see the renaming option:
It is not connected to the iPhone. Please turn on and connect the device.
Renaming the device is not possible. It is not possible to rename all Bluetooth devices, so you must stick with what the manufacturer has given them.
How To Change My Discoverable Name on My iPhone?
When more than one iPhone is found in the same vicinity, their Bluetooth names are similar, which causes confusion. You can change the device name by following these easy steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on General > About.
- Choose a name. The iPhone uses this name as the default name for Bluetooth connections with other devices.
- To replace the default name, enter a new name in the Name field. After entering the name, tap Done.
- Then select Bluetooth from the Settings menu. With the new name, you can now discover the iPhone.
How do I change the Bluetooth name on my iPhone 6s?
The Bluetooth name and the iPhone’s name are two names that iOS uses for different services. For iPhone 6s, iPad, and iPod touch, you can change the Bluetooth name by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app
- Navigate to the General settings
- Click on About
- Having added a new name to your iPhone’s Bluetooth name, tap the Name button and type it in.
- When searching for a Bluetooth connection on your iPhone, you will now see this name.
How Do I Change The Name Of My Bluetooth Device in iOS 14?
There are many hidden features in iOS 14, and one of them allows you to rename the Bluetooth devices that are connected to the phone. Can’t you stand the confusion caused by similar code names and strange lettering between your paired devices? iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 allow you to change the name right after connecting to the device. Let’s see how it works!
Here’s how to change the name of the Bluetooth Device In iOS 14
- Launch the Settings app.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- As soon as you pair and connect your AirPods, HomePod, Bluetooth speaker, or any other third-party device, make sure that it is connected.
- To access device info, tap the blue ‘i’ icon next to the name of the device.
- Change the Bluetooth device’s name by tapping ‘Name’. You can use nicknames, the original product name, or any other name that helps you differentiate your devices.
A Very Important Point: The hidden feature can only be accessed via a Bluetooth device. The renaming option will not be available if you have previously paired with the device but are not in range.
Note: Apple’s iPadOS 14 contains the same feature.
Why Change the Default Name?
Connecting to Bluetooth devices becomes easier with a customized iPhone name. With the iPhone, you can also give a unique name to a Bluetooth accessory so it will be easier to recognize among the multitude of devices at home or at work. You can also personalize your Bluetooth accessories with unique names.
Here are some frequently asked questions by users
1. How come my iPhone cannot pair with my Bluetooth device?
Check that the device you’re trying to pair with isn’t connected to anything else in case your iPhone’s Bluetooth isn’t working. You should then restart your phone and move it closer to the Bluetooth device. You can try forgetting the Bluetooth-compatible device on your iPhone, then try reconnecting with it again if you’re having problems.
2. How do I connect my iPhone to a Bluetooth speaker?
First, you must press the pairing or power button of your Bluetooth speaker in order to connect your iPhone. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and select the speaker you want to use.
3. Is it possible to transfer files using Bluetooth on my iPhone?
Files can be transferred through Bluetooth by opening your Files app, finding the file, and then selecting Share > AirDrop. Complete the transfer by following the on-screen instructions.