It doesn’t matter whether you’re in cyberspace or not; you’re still in a specific, virtual location, and your IP address serves as a valuable indicator of this location. We will be discussing some of the reasons why many of us would like to stay private, get around government restrictions, and the like, but the first step is to change our IP address.
The purpose of this article is to explain how to change your IP address on an iPhone step by step for both beginners and experts. We are about to move into the realm of the private, or at least as private as you can get online. Here is the complete information about “How To Change Ip Address On iPhone?” Read it below!
What Is An IP Address?
We do understand, however, that some people may still be a bit unsure of what an IP address is; no shame in that! Using an IP address (Internet Protocol address) can be defined as a number or label that identifies a specific device on the internet that is associated with a specific computer or a network of computers. Basically, IP addresses allow computers to communicate and send and receive information between them, and they can also be used to track users’ physical location, which can be a nightmare for those concerned about privacy. We found that 40 percent of VPN users were using that method, based on our VPN usage research.
3 Ways that How to Change IP Address on iPhone?
1: Make use of a VPN
An iPhone’s IP address can be changed with the help of a virtual private network (or VPN). VPNs let you use the IP address of a server as an online exit node while encrypting all your traffic and guaranteeing privacy through no-log policies. Further, the best VPNs have intensive worldwide networks, so you can choose any server physically located in a city/country and use its IP address to browse the Internet.
Using a VPN, you can change the IP address on your iOS device:
- Make sure your VPN supports iOS. if you’d like to purchase products that would be more appropriate for an iPhone device.
- You can find VPN providers like NordVPN or ExpressVPN in the Apple App Store. Download the app and install it.
- The information icon of the app can be opened. You must sign up and then log in with your email address, username, and password.
The following image shows the NordVPN map of Europe with blue icons. NordVPN allows you to connect to the following geographic regions and categories. You’ll receive a Norwegian IP address when you connect to a server in Norway, and most likely, the content will be tailored for Norwegian viewers.
2: Make use of a proxy
If you want to change your IP address on your iPhone, you can use a proxy. The primary difference between proxy servers and VPNs is that proxy server are much cheaper and provide more flexibility. Cheaper because they don’t require as much infrastructure, and more flexible because they work at a more granular OSI layer (layers 5 to 7). Additionally, these also prevent proxies from providing encryption, making them less secure.
Nonetheless, your original IP address is masked by the proxy’s IP when you send traffic through a proxy. So, it’s like using a VPN server, but without encrypting the data.
Using a proxy, you can change the IP address of your iPhone:
- Do not use free proxies but rather a safe and secure proxy IP provider (do not use free proxies). Choose IPv6 proxies since they are more secure and up-to-date than IPv4 proxies. Proxy servers require no software, only information, so they are a good option.
- Open your phone’s settings and select the setting for HTTPS. Once you have the IP address and port number of the proxy server, open the browser on the phone.
- Proxy settings on your phone can be found in the settings of your Wi-Fi network. The HTTP proxy server can be found under Wi-Fi settings by clicking the name of the Wi-Fi network and scrolling down the menu. It is also possible to change the proxy settings when using mobile data.
- Proxy settings can be manually configured, including IP (or hostname), port, and authentication (if necessary).
It’s important to note this: For activities requiring speed, such as P2P file-sharing or unblocking geo-restricted content, proxies can be helpful, however, they should not be used for sending sensitive account information like your bank account information.
In addition, a proxy changes only a specific application’s or service’s IP address, not your entire online connection (as VPNs do), which is not possible with L3. As a result, you are using the proxy IP address for some web applications and your original IP address for others.
3: Make use of the Tor ‘Onion’ browser
Tor enables anonymous browsing online through the use of free and open-source software. The Tor Project says that the software allows users to circumvent censorship and protects them against tracking and surveillance.
Note. In order to help hide a user’s original location, Tor uses a network overlay of thousands of relays around the world. The VPN serves as an ideal way to mask your identity and information from anyone conducting network surveillance or traffic inspection, including organizations, governments, and ISPs.
Use Tor to change your iPhone’s IP address.
- You can download Onion Browser for iOS from the Apple App Store.
- It can be downloaded and installed.
How to Set a Static IP Address on an iPhone?
Alternatively, you can change your IP address manually on your iPhone. A static IP must be provided by your network administrator (or control of your Wi-Fi router). The following instructions will guide you through the process:
- You need to open the Settings app.
- You can access Wi-Fi by tapping the Wi-Fi icon on the Settings screen.
- Networks nearby appear in a list. A blue checkmark appears next to the one you are connected to. Click the Information (i) icon to the right of the network name.
- Then tap Configure IP.
- You can tap the manual.
- The Manual IP displays section has been added. Enter your static IP address, as well as its corresponding Subnet Mask and Router address.