With Spotify, you have access to one of the most well-known music streaming services, and you have the ability to completely customize the way you experience music. Your playlists will be accompanied by album art, which makes things even more personalized. Changing the cover image of a playlist on your phone is not a feature that is integrated into the mobile app itself, but it is still possible.
In the Android version of Spotify, though, there is no option to edit playlists beyond updating the name. The iOS version of Spotify, on the other hand, is able to do this with no problems. On Android, if you’re not opposed to signing in through a third-party service, you could go with “Change playlist image – Spotify”, if you don’t mind giving that app access to the playlist. A playlist’s picture can only be changed on an iPhone if it is an album cover that is already in the playlist or one added to the playlist by adding a song that matches the cover.
On Spotify for desktop, you can change the image entirely, so that it is a photo or a mishmash of album art, for example, or a random photo that evokes a specific emotion. Using the desktop app, just like opening a playlist, click on the playlist cover, and then hover over the cover art box and you will see a dropdown box that tells you how to do the customization. Use the following steps to change the cover art on your iPhone if you are simply looking for a quick fix. In this article, we show you how to change playlist picture on Spotify on iPhone.
How to change playlist picture on Spotify on iPhone?
When you change the picture on your playlist, you have two options. The song order can be changed so you will get a different college if you choose a custom piece of art from your iPhone’s camera roll.
- Open a playlist you own on Spotify on your iPhone while it’s connected to the internet.
- Tap the three-dot icon to the right of the list of songs.
- You will then be able to edit the playlist by changing its name, art, and song.
- You have the option to move various three-line icons that appear next to each song on the default album collage by tapping and dragging them. The collage will contain the cover images from the first four albums in the playlist.
- In order to replace the current playlist art with a custom image, tap “Change Image” under the current picture. There are two ways for you to take a picture right now: You can choose a picture from your photo library, or you can take a new one right now using your camera.
- Pick the image you want from the library, if you selected “Choose from the library.”. If you cropped it into a square, tap “Select” in the bottom-right corner.
- Upon clicking “Edit Playlist”, you will be returned to that page. To save your changes, click “Save” in the top-right corner.
As soon as the changes are made, you will be able to see them on all your devices as soon as they have been implemented.
Can I change the picture on my Spotify app on my iPhone?
You may be asking yourself how to change the profile picture on Spotify if you know how to change the playlist covers. The steps are as follows:
Note: You can use Spotify for all mobile and tablet devices, including Android devices, by following the instructions below.
- You can access the Settings menu by tapping the gear icon in the Spotify app.
- Click View Profile.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Tap to change the photo. Take a new picture or choose one from your library.
- After you have cropped the photo, tap Choose.
- Click Save.
How to change playlist picture on Spotify on Android?
The Spotify playlist picture can be easily modified on Android as well. I will be taking the same steps that I took on my iPhone, so let’s get started. When you open Spotify on your Android phone, tap the “Your Library” tab located at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose any of the playlists that you have created.
- By clicking this link, you will be directed to the Spotify playlist page. The three-dot icon can be found in the upper right corner.
- You will see a menu that says “Edit Playlist.”
- The next page you will see is the “Edit Player” page, where you can edit the name, picture, description, and other details about the playlist. It’s time to change the image of the playlist, so go ahead and select the “Change Image” option.
- The “Change Image” menu will now be visible to you. To remove the playlist picture, simply select “Remove Photo”.
- Choose “Take Photo” when you want to take a new picture for your playlist and you’ll be able to take it in no time.
- Choose an image from your photo gallery by clicking “Choose Photo.”
- You can adjust the picture by swiping the screen, then select the playlist image by selecting “Use Photo”.
- You can now change the playlist photo by tapping “Save”.
How to change playlist picture on Spotify on Windows and Mac?
These steps will show you how to change a playlist photo if you are using the Spotify desktop app for Windows or Mac:
- Launch Spotify.
- Choose a playlist.
- By tapping the three dots icon below the playlist name, you can open the playlist.
- Click “Edit details.”
- Select the current photo.
- Select a photo from your computer.
- Click “Open.”
- Click “Save.”
The same steps apply whether you’re using a Windows or a Mac Web Player.
How do you add playlist covers to Spotify?
A computer program is required.
- You can edit the playlist by clicking the cover, and then you can add an image by clicking the cover.
- Log on to your desktop and test on there if you want to test on your mobile phone. It is only possible to change playlist images and reposition playlists on your computer/laptop.
- The three vertical dots next to a song on Spotify can be clicked to create a playlist.
- The “Add to playlist” option is available.
- The option to create a playlist is available for those who don’t have one.
- Once the song is ready it will be added to the playlist as soon as it is completed.
- After creating a playlist, you can then add more songs to it or create new ones.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
1. Is it possible to change the playlist photo on Spotify mobile?
On your phone, open the Spotify app. Choose the playlist you wish to edit. On the top-right side of the screen, click on the three-dot menu and select Edit Playlist. Select Change Image from the following screen.
2. Why can’t I change the image of my playlist on Spotify?
The Spotify app can then be opened by tapping the gear icon, then selecting Storage > Delete Cache. Test changing playlist cover images after restarting the app. Reinstall the app. You may not be able to update your playlists due to a cache issue.
3. Is Spotify premium required to change covers?
Spotify does not require a subscription. In the long run, however, you’ll be losing out on many useful and interesting features, the most obvious being the lack of advertising, a better listening experience, the ability to download songs and listen to them offline, and so on.
It’s good to know that changing playlist covers is not a premium feature that can only be used by Spotify Premium subscribers. The free version of Spotify allows you to easily add a personal touch to your playlist, as well as search using your favorite words.
4. Spotify updates the cover how often?
Do not worry if you notice the cover of your playlist has not been updated right away. A Spotify update can take up to 24 hours and sometimes even up to 48 hours to finish.
Now that you know how to change playlist picture on Spotify on iPhone, I hope you understand how it works. In conclusion, I would like to encourage you to share this article with your friends and family members and I would appreciate your feedback in the comment section below if you have any problems with it.