You have set a screen timeout when you stop using your smartphone or tablet for as long as it takes to turn off (go to sleep). Screen timeouts are usually set anywhere between 30 seconds and one minute. Despite the fact that some users might find this acceptable, there are some instances when it would be nice for your phone to go to sleep more slowly.
Your hands are soiled from food, you’re looking at a recipe on a tablet in the kitchen, and you need to move on. If you’re reading a walkthrough for a video game and just want to glance over to see what you need to do next without pausing, you can do so without pause. So to know that “how to change the screen timeout on your iPhone?”. Readout complete topic below.
How to change the screen timeout on iPhone?
Your iPhone’s Auto-lock Screen Timeout can be changed, which means that you can absolutely do so. The Auto-Lock option can be disabled altogether or can be set to 6 different time intervals.
There is 30 second to 5-minute options available. The screen will remain off after a certain period of time, but it will also lock your device automatically, as its name suggests.
As a result, you will always be advised to select the shortest available value to conserve battery life. The sooner your display turns off after a period of inactivity, the better since it consumes a lot of battery power. Even with this decision, there will always be those who disagree, preferring to keep the screen on for longer periods.
The screen timeout for iPhone Auto-Lock can be changed easily in the system settings of iOS. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Settings.
- To adjust brightness, tap Display & Brightness.
- Press the Auto-Lock button.
- Alternately, you can disable the Auto-Lock feature or choose your preferred time interval.
Pressing the Power (Sleep) button will lock and power off your iPhone if you wish to disable Auto-Lock.
The article can now be concluded on that note. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any comments or questions. Please feel free to leave a comment below. Your feedback is always appreciated.
How to change the Screen Timeout on iPhone X?
Many amazing features come with the iPhone X. Users can customize these features according to their preferences. Using your iPhone X to adjust screen timeout and time lock settings is of interest to you. There is a limit to how much information you want others to be able to see, so you must have classified information on your iPhone to use this feature.
Certain iPhone X users use the device to take notes during confidential meetings. Some people even have a list of their PIN codes and passwords stored on their phones.
If you leave your phone unattended among colleagues or acquaintances, you may forget to turn off the backlight. A device that does not auto-lock or requires either a PIN code, a pattern, or Face ID for unlocking could pose a threat to your privacy. For many, unauthorized access can spell doom in only a few seconds or minutes.
You have drafts of blueprints on your phone if you are the CEO of a design company. Your designs could be copied by others if you left your phone unattended among competitors. Learn how to edit your iPhone’s screen timeout to prevent this from happening.
On the iPhone X, you can adjust the screen timeout
Open the Settings application on your iPhone X.
- On your Phone X, open the Settings app.
- Select General.
- Select Auto-Lock from the menu.
- The settings can be changed as you wish here. For example, you can turn off the timer in one-minute increments and never turn it on again.
How to change the Screen Timeout of iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus?
There is an option to adjust screen timeout on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to a longer period of time before the screen locks for people who own an Apple iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus.
The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus must be unlocked with either a passcode, pattern, or fingerprint once the screen is locked, which can cause some users frustration. If you follow the steps below, you can adjust the screen timeout of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus longer.
- Start your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus by turning it on.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Click on General
- Make sure Auto-Lock is selected.
- The iPhone 7 screen will lock at the time you choose.
How to change Screen Timeout on iPhone 6?
One of the easiest and most effective ways to save some battery power on an iPhone is to change its screen timeout.
You can disable the screen timeout on your iPhone 6 or other iPhone by following these steps:
1. Click on Settings.
2. Select General from the menu.
3. Choose Auto-Lock from the drop-down menu.
4. In summary, there is now a choice of several screen timers on iPhone 6 for you to choose from.
5. Choose from the options and you are done.
Note: The screen timeout should be set to 30 seconds or 1 minute if your battery life is important.
Best way to change iOS 11’s auto-lock time?
When iOS 11 (and all previous versions) detects that there hasn’t been any human interaction for a certain period of time, it automatically locks the screen and puts the device to sleep.
It also prevents your data on the device from being seen by others while you’re not around, thus saving a significant amount of battery. You should set your iOS device to automatically lock after a minimum amount of time.
Changing your iOS 11 device’s auto-lock time is as easy as following these steps:
1. Open the Display & Brightness window: Select Display & Brightness from the Settings menu. The Display & Brightness window section now gives you access to all display settings on your device.
2. To access the Auto-Lock window, click the Auto-Lock button: Press Auto-Lock. You can choose one time preset to automatically lock your device from this window to open the Auto-Lock window.
3. Set the time threshold for auto-locking: Choose a time period that suits your needs. If your iDevice doesn’t detect any input during the selected time, you can automatically lock the screen and put it to sleep.
For Example: Leaving your phone untouched after unlocking it, and selecting 1 minute in the Auto-Lock window, the screen will automatically lock after 1 minute.
Note: You will always need to manually lock your device when you select Never in the Auto-Lock window.
Explore More iPhone Tips: