Does your iPhone not let you change the time? A few users have noticed that the iPhone’s ‘Set Automatically’ option has been grayed out. As we’ll see below, there are several reasons for this.
Apple devices automatically adjust their time zone based on their location. The time zone can be changed to a few hours earlier, but there are plenty of reasons why you might not want to do so, including making your clock fast so you won’t be late, or maintaining a constant time on your device no matter what time zone you are in.
If you want to turn off the automatic setting in your Date & Time settings, you need to uncheck the box under Set Automatically.
Try out the troubleshooting tips in this post if it’s grayed out or can’t be turned off. Here is the complete information about “How To Change Time On iPhone?” Read it below!
How To Change Time On iPhone?
Method 1: Set your iPhone’s time automatically
- Select Settings from your device’s app store.
- Select “Privacy” from the menu on the left.
- Then, select the “Locations” tab.
- If you go to the Location Services page, make sure “Location Services” is turned on.
- On the top of the page, you will find the Location Services switch.
- Make sure “Setting Time Zone” is enabled by scrolling to the bottom and tapping “System Services.”
- To go back to the main settings page, tap the Back button three times at the top left of the screen.
- Then, you need to tap “General” and then “Date & Time.”.
- If you go to the Date & Time page, be sure to toggle the “Set Automatically” option.
- The time zone should be displayed in the correct time zone.
- You will be able to ensure that the time is automatically updated by using the Date & Time page.
Method 2: Manually change the time on an iPhone
It is possible that your iPhone may fail to display the correct time automatically occasionally. If this occurs, you will need to manually set the time on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your mobile device.
- From the top of the screen, tap “General” and then tap “Date & Time.”
- Turn off the option that says “Set Automatically.”
- Choose “Time Zone” Please select your time zone from the dropdown menu.
- To set the date and time manually, tap the date and time field.
- You may need to turn off “Set Automatically” if you need to manually set the time.
- You should keep in mind that if your time is set manually, you will have to change it manually when you change time zones or if your region switches to Daylight Saving Time.
How to set 24-hour time on iPhones and iPads?
- Start the Settings app by clicking on the icon.
- Tap the General button.
- Tap the date and time you wish to see.
- Alternatively, you can turn it on and off by tapping the On/Off switch next to 24-Hour Time.
How Does Changing the Date on Your iPhone Affect It?
There is no reason to question whether changing the time and date on your iPhone causes problems. The issue can be complicated.
The chances of encountering problems if the date and time are changed correctly are low. A date and time setting that is incorrect will likely cause problems. A simple problem could mean that Apple services are not available to you. Apparently, everything from downloading apps to updating apps to using Find My iPhone and sending text messages is dependent on the time and date settings on the device.
Why Can’t I Change the Date and Time on My iPhone?
Your search for how to change the date and time on your iPhone led you to this article. Here are a few reasons why you might have that problem:
- The screen time feature is enabled. You cannot manually change the date or time on an iPhone when Screen Time restrictions are on. This prevents people from changing the date and time settings in an attempt to circumvent Screen Time’s time limits. To change the date and time, you will need to disable Screen Time or wait until the restricted time has expired.
- Some phone companies do not support features such as setting dates and times automatically. By updating your carrier settings, or by contacting your phone company, you might be able to fix this.
- Set the location settings for your device. If you have an issue with the automatic time and date setting, you may have blocked the feature. You can fix this by going to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services and moving the Setting Time Zone slider to on/green.
- Policy for managing devices. Your IT administrators may have set up your iPhone to prevent you from changing the date and time if you get it through work or school.
- Where you are currently located. Automatic time setting is not available in all countries or regions.
After you’ve tried everything else and you can’t change the date and time, try (in this order): restarting your iPhone, updating the iOS to the latest version, resetting all settings, and contacting Apple for further assistance.
How do I change the date of a photo on my iPhone?
Although you can’t edit photo metadata directly from the iPhone camera roll, you can use third-party apps such as Metadata Pro or Exif Metadata to edit date, time, and other information. If you have a Mac, you can use the Photos app. You can edit the date and time by importing the images, choosing Adjust Date and Time, and clicking Adjust to save the changes.
What is the best way to change the position of the time and date on the iPhone home screen?
Add widgets to your iPhone to customize how this information appears on your home screen. When the Plus symbol (+) appears, tap and hold your home screen. By tapping and holding the screen or selecting Edit at the bottom of this view, you can bring up Today View. The built-in Calendar and Clock apps can be found by searching for them, then selecting Add widget, then dragging and dropping them where you want them.