Despite the iPhone’s app being a staple since the device’s inception, some users still complain that it is buggy. As you can easily forget events, birthdays, and holidays because of the preinstalled calendar app, the mobile device’s mobile calendar has made life management much easier.
Almost all iPhones come with the Calendar app, which allows users to view and manage events in one place. The Calendar app allows you to hide or delete calendars that you have created with your iCloud account that you don’t want to see in your calendar. You will need to delete all calendars associated with other accounts (such as Gmail or Yahoo) from the Settings app. Subscribed calendars can also not be deleted since they aren’t yours initially. So here in this guide, we’ll teach you how to clear iPhone calendar?
How to clear iPhone Calendar in the Calendar App?
Your iPhone gives you the option to delete iCloud, Google, and subscribed calendars right from the Calendar app. You can delete a calendar in Settings if the Delete Calendar option does not appear here.
- On your iPhone, launch the Calendar app.
- The calendar is located at the bottom of the screen.
- To remove a calendar, select the Info icon (small “i”) to the right of the calendar.
- Tap the Delete Calendar button at the bottom.
- On the pop-up window, tap Delete Calendar to confirm this action.
Note: Any event associated with a calendar will be deleted once it is deleted.
How to Clear a Calendar in Settings?
You will need to make sure the calendar is disabled through the Settings app for some calendars, such as Exchange, Yahoo, and business accounts with Google. If you follow the steps above, you will not see the Delete Calendar option.
- Select the Calendar app from your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Go to Accounts.
- You can delete a calendar by selecting the corresponding account.
- The calendar toggle should be turned off.
- Select Delete from My iPhone from the pop-up window to complete this action.
Note: By tapping Delete Account on the above account screen, you can remove all items for the account.
How do I add a calendar to my iPhone?
Depending on whether you deleted the account completely or just the Calendar, you can add it back in depending on which set of instructions you followed.
Create a calendar for an existing account
The toggle for Calendar can be re-enabled if the account continues to be used for other purposes like Mail or Notes.
- Select the Calendar option in the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to Accounts.
- Reactivate the calendar by selecting the account corresponding to that calendar.
- On the Calendars toggle, turn it on.
If your addition was successful, it will appear in the Calendar app’s list of Calendars.
Adding a Calendar for New Account
You might want to use your iPhone to sign up for a new account. The calendar can be used along with mail and contacts if you wish.
- You can access the Calendar by opening the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to Accounts.
- Add an account by scrolling to the bottom.
- From options such as iCloud, Microsoft Exchange, and Google, choose the type of account you would like to add. In case your account does not fit into any of these categories, you can select Other. Let’s use Yahoo! as our example.
- Follow the subsequent prompts based on the type of account you selected. Once you connect your account, you will need to verify it. Each account type will have its own verification process.
- When you are finished adding the account, enabling the toggle for Calendar and optionally any other items you want to use will work.
If you enabled any other apps during the setup process, you will see your additions in the Calendar and them in all the other apps.
Tip: How to Clear Calendar Events on an iPad?
On the iPhone and iPad, you can delete calendar events easily. This can be done in the app itself.
You can do this by opening the Calendar app and finding the event you wish to delete. Using the calendar app’s views, you can find the event you want to delete.
Open the event by tapping on it. Click the Delete Event icon at the bottom of the screen.
You will then be able to delete the event from your calendar. When you delete an event, it’ll automatically return to available after the busy time period has expired.
A Guide to Deleting repetitive events
There’s an additional option available if you’re attempting to delete a repeating event. In this window, you will be prompted to choose whether you want to delete just this one event, or all events in the future.
Delete This Event Only will remove just the event on that particular day, while Delete All Future Events will eliminate any future occurrence of the event.
A Guide to Deleting Shared Events
The options you see will be different if someone shared or Siri picked up an event from another app. There will be an option for Accept, Maybe, or Decline rather than Delete Event.
Most likely, you’ll have accepted the event at this point. You can delete it by tapping Declined. However, the event still shows up in your Inbox in case you change your mind in the future.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
1. What is the best way to delete all events from my iPhone calendar?
You can delete an event by clicking the Delete Event button at the bottom of the page. You will be asked to confirm whether you would like to delete each occurrence or the entire series if it is a recurring event. If you wish to delete all future occurrences, click “Delete All Future Events”
2. Is it possible to clear my calendar completely?
Clear a calendar
- Go to Google Calendar and open it.
- Click Settings in the top right corner. Settings.
- Locate the calendar you wish to delete in the left column.
- The calendar can be accessed by clicking its name.
- Delete the calendar by clicking Remove calendar. The calendar will be permanently deleted.
3. What is the best way to remove a virus from my iPhone calendar?
Steps to remove:
- Go to Settings on your iOS device.
- View the calendar by scrolling down.
- Go to Accounts.
- Subscribed calendars can be found there.
- Choose a calendar you have subscribed to.
- The Accounts dialog box may be accessed by tapping Delete Account.
- Confirm the deletion by tapping Delete Account again.
4. Is it possible to delete events from my iPhone Calendar?
On occasion, it may fail to sync your phone’s iCloud calendar. Make sure all your calendars are not shared in iCloud. Your iPhone should now be wiped clean of all calendar and event data. If you then enable iCloud sharing, you should no longer see the problematic event.
Now that you know how to clear iPhone calendar, I hope you understand how to do it. I hope you enjoyed reading this and please feel free to share it with your family members and friends and let me know if you have any questions or problems.