You will find instructions at the end of this article for using the Find function on your iPhone in a similar way to how you might use Ctrl + F or Cmd + F on your computer. This article will instruct you on how to use your iPhone to search for words on a website, within a PDF file, or on any other location where you have stored words.
Here is the complete information about “How To Command f on iPhone?” Check it below!
How To Command f on iPhone?
1. Does the iPhone have a find function?
There is no short answer to this question. Unlike a Mac or Windows computer, you cannot find things with an easy shortcut on this computer. There are still ways to search for what you want, even though you don’t have a search bar (unless you install a third-party app) or keyboard command.
2. What is the purpose of Control F on the iPhone?
In spite of no longer being able to use Control F on your iPhone, you can still do a variety of searches to locate information whether it is stored on the web, in a PDF, or elsewhere on your phone. To accomplish this, you can use the Safari browser.
- Using the search box at the top of your screen, you can search the website by entering the search term in the address bar at the top of the screen.
- Click the On This Page link at the bottom of the page. The number of times a word or phrase appears on the page should appear next to the title of the section. Tap on the entry below the entry to find out more.
- Once you have done this, you will be taken back to the website, and you can use the controls at the bottom of the screen to navigate to each instance of that word on the page.
An essential tip. Whenever you come across the word, instead of seeing it on the page, you will be required to use the controls in order to see it.
You can also perform the same function in the Chrome web browser. There is one more option than Safari, which is hidden in a menu. It looks a little different and maybe harder to find than the Safari option.
- Click on the share icon at the bottom of the page when you want to search for a word on a website. Find on Page and Find in Page are the two buttons found at the bottom of the page.
- Select the option that interests you.
- In the search bar that appears at the top of the web page, you are redirected back to the website. Your search query will be highlighted on the results page as soon as you type it in.
- In addition to the search bar, you will be able to see how many instances of the word are on that page and navigate through them.
3. What is Control-F on a web page on an iPhone?
- Install the Safari app and explore a webpage.
- Enter the word or phrase you are searching for in the address bar (where URLs are located).
- Click Find “[word(s) you entered]” at the bottom of On This Page.
- In order to find every instance of the word or phrase that you’re looking for, tap the up and down arrows at the bottom of the screen. The word or phrase will appear in yellow.
4. How to Control-F on an iPhone webpage using Chrome?
- Launch the Chrome app and navigate to a webpage.
- Touch the three-dot (…) icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. Click Find in Page… at the bottom of the page.
- The top of the screen has a search bar on which you can enter a phrase or word that you would like to find.
- Tap on the up and down arrows to see every instance of the word or phrase you are searching for. The word or phrase will appear in yellow.
- When you are finished, tap Done on the upper right of the screen.
5. How to Control-F on an iPhone webpage by using the Share button?
- Launch the Safari or Chrome app and open a webpage.
- Select Share from the menu. You’ll see an arrow pointing upward in the box.
- Click on the Find on Page menu (Safari) or the Find in Page menu (Chrome) at the bottom of the page.
- The search box allows you to type in the word or phrase that you want to find. In a yellow box are all the instances of the highlighted word or phrase which can be viewed by using the arrow keys.
- After you have completed the process, tap Done.
6. How to Control-F on an iPhone in Messages?
In addition to the built-in search feature, Messages has two additional built-in options for finding words or phrases. You can use the Messages app’s search bar or Spotlight search feature to search across your text message conversations for specific words.
7. How Do You Search for a Word on an iPhone?
It will be much more difficult to locate words that are not on a website if you search for them on your iPhone. In addition to searching in Google, you can also try searching in an individual application, for example, documents or images. However, your phone does not offer a search option for simultaneously searching multiple files for a specific phrase or word.
8. How Do You Ctrl F on an iPhone PDF?
If you are trying to search for a specific word or phrase in a document on your iPhone, you will find that the easiest way to do it is to use Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Then, you can tap the searching glass at the top of the screen and type the term you’re looking for, then open the document.
You can also use iBooks instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader if you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader. As with Adobe Acrobat Reader, iBooks works in a similar manner. Using the magnifying glass, you can read the content of your PDF file by opening it and tapping on the magnifying glass.
9. What is the best way to control F on your iPhone in Google Drive?
- Tap More > Find and replace in the Google Docs app. You can then search for the word you’re looking for.
10. What is the purpose of Control F in PowerPoint?
- Find the presentation by tapping the Find icon at the top-right. Search for keywords or phrases. A search can be conducted at an advanced level by tapping the Options icon.
You might also like: