There are still some options for headphones despite the absence of Apple’s iPhone 7’s 3.5-millimeter headphone jack. If you want to use Apple’s standard headphones, you can plug them into the charger port for your phone, or you can purchase a Digital-to-Analogue Converter (DAC) to use standard headphones.
We explain the various ways how to connect iPhone 7 to aux in this article and answer the question does the iPhone 7 have a headphone jack?
How to use Lightning headphones?
- Find the Lightning port on your iPhone. Despite the disappearance of the 3.5-millimeter headphone jack, the traditional charging port (also known as the Lighting port) remains at the bottom of your phone. Here you should plug in the Lightning headphones cable.
- Connect your headphones to the Lightning port. Chargers for the iPhone 5 and 6 should also fit into the Lightning port.
- Make sure your headphones are in your ears. Every iPhone release includes a pair of headphones from Apple. Make sure the headphones work before you use them.
- Make sure you use your right earphone (marked with an “R”) to get the best audio quality.
- Tap the “Music” app after unlocking your phone. It will open your iTunes library.
- Choose a song. Playback should start. If you hear your music, your iPhone 7 is successfully working with headphones!
- Your phone’s volume might need to be adjusted if you can’t hear anything through your headphones. There might be a volume adjustment panel on the headphones themselves as well.
How to use a Digital-to-Analogue Converter?
Find out what options there are for digital-to-analog converters. Although every phone has a DAC built-in, buying an external one will both enhance the analog sound and enable the use of otherwise incompatible equipment, in this case, a set of 3.5-millimeter headphones.
Check to see if your DAC is compatible with a 3.5 millimeter set of headphones before buying it though most are, you don’t want to spend a lot of money on hardware only to discover that it isn’t compatible.
- Obtain your desired DAC.
- Your phone should be plugged into the Lightning end of the DAC’s cable. Your phone has a Lightning port on the bottom.
- Connect the USB end of your DAC’s cable to your computer. Installing may be required on your iPhone’s screen depending on your model.
- The other end of the DAC should be connected to your headphones. Each DAC model has a different location for the headphone jack.
- Make sure your headphones are in your ears. Due to the higher quality audio output offered by DACs, you’ll need to fine-tune the DAC’s volume.
- Tap the “Music” app after unlocking your phone. A list of your iTunes songs opens.
- Play a song. If you hear the music on your iPhone 7, you have successfully used headphones with a DAC!
- Make sure your phone’s volume is adjusted if you can’t hear anything through your headphones. Additionally, check the connection between your headphones and the DAC, as well as any volume options on the DAC.
How to Use Wireless Headphones on an iPhone 7?
Wireless headphones are the easiest way to use headphones with the iPhone 7. Apple’s AirPods are of course compatible, but virtually any Bluetooth-enabled headphone will also work. Follow these steps:
- Ensure that your AirPods or Bluetooth headphones are charged and within reach of the iPhone 7.
- Pair them. The AirPods case has a button that you press to pair them. Other headphones have different instructions.
- Follow the onscreen steps to pair AirPods (or refer to our detailed guide to setting up AirPods).
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth to pair a third-party model. Check that Bluetooth is on/green.
- Tap the headphones on the screen to pair them.
- Open Control Center, tap the playback controls, and then select the headphones if they are not already selected. After you’ve connected your AirPods or other Bluetooth headphones, ensure audio is flowing to them.
How to use headphones with the iPhone 7(Adapter)?
The iPhone 7 can also be used with wired headphones. An adapter is required. A Lightning to 3.5 millimeters Headphone Jack Adapter is available from Apple. With this adapter, you can plug your iPhone or iPad into the Lightning port on the bottom and use a standard headphone jack on the other side. After pressing play, you’ll be listening with your preferred wired headphones. It’s just like using regular headphones start playing music, and you’ll hear it right away.