Wireless Bluetooth uses ISM-band radio waves, operating between 2.402 GHz and 2.48 GHz, to exchange data between fixed and mobile devices over short distances, and to create Personal Area Networks. The original goal of Bluetooth was to replace RS-232 cables with a wireless connection. In addition to being used as a replacement for wired connections, it can also be used to connect a cell phone or music player with wireless headphones, and to exchange files between nearby devices. In the most commonly used transmission mode, the power is limited to 2.5 milliwatts, which has a very short range of approximately 10 meters (30 feet).
Various smart devices can be connected to today’s cars thanks to their advanced features. Tablets and smartphones are especially easy to connect to today’s cars. In this article, we will help you with” how to connect iPhone to car Bluetooth?”. Read out this detailed guide.
3 Different Ways For How To Connect iPhone To Car Bluetooth?
Various smart devices can be connected to today’s cars thanks to their advanced features. Tablets and smartphones are especially easy to connect to today’s cars.
With newer cars, pairing iPhones is especially easy. Combining these two will allow you to make a virtual assistant that can guide you around town, play music for you, and answer your calls.
Several methods are available for pairing an iPhone with a car. You will find instructions in this article.
1. Connecting iPhone To Car Through Bluetooth
A Bluetooth connection ensures convenient pairing between your iPhone and your car. Both your iPhone and your car have to be Bluetooth enabled. Your phone will be automatically identified by the car’s audio or infotainment system.
Your iPhone Must Be Discoverable
Your iPhone must first be activated with Bluetooth. Once you have enabled pairing mode, your car will be able to find it. Here’s what you need to do:
- The Control Center can be accessed by sliding from the bottom of the screen up.
- Verify whether or not the Bluetooth icon is grayed out.
- Tapping it will enable it if it is grayed out.
You are now prepared to proceed to the next step.
Turn On Bluetooth Pairing In Your Car
Your car’s Bluetooth should also be enabled after pairing your iPhone. It is best to check your car’s user manual to learn how to toggle this option because different vehicles have different methods.
Other vehicles require you to navigate to the system settings to turn on and off the option. Using a simple voice command such as “activate Bluetooth” can enable this feature if your car supports it.
Connecting Your iPhone To Your Car
You need to return back to your iPhone’s list of available devices once both your phone and the car are ready for pairing.
- Click on the ‘Settings‘ icon.
- “Bluetooth” should be selected.
- You will find it under ‘Other Devices‘.
- Search available devices for your car. Remember that the name of the infotainment system on your car does not have to match the name of your vehicle. A hands-free version, an infotainment version, or something else may be displayed.
5. Choose your device. Passwords or keys are usually required before a car will allow you to pair the systems. Usually, this information can be found in the manual. There should be a place in the infotainment settings for you to set your own passkey, if not. In addition, you can search online to find your default car key.
6. Make sure the key is in the right place on the dashboard.
Your iPhone should begin playing sound from your car’s speakers after a short period of pairing.
2. Use CarPlay To Connect iPhone To Car Bluetooth
Using your iPhone in the car has never been easier or safer. Your iPhone’s built-in screen lets you use it while driving so you can do what you want while doing it.
To get started, you need to ensure that your country and region support CarPlay and that your car is compatible.
You can connect your iPhone to your car or stereo’s USB port if your car supports CarPlay. You may see an icon for CarPlay or for smartphones on the USB port.
For wireless CarPlay to work, hold down your steering wheel voice command button while setting it up. You can also use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to connect the vehicle. In your iPhone settings, select CarPlay > General > Available Cars to select your car. See the manual of your car for more information.
3. Connect iPhone To Car Bluetooth Using USB Playback
- Your vehicle and your device need to be restarted.
- The Home screen should be unlocked and your device should be on the locked screen.
- Try connecting via a USB port or another cable if you can. To learn how to connect your Apple device to your car, consult the manual that came with it.
- Make sure there is no debris or damage in your charging port. The charging cable should be inserted properly into the port.
- Install the latest version of your device.
- Update the software on your stereo with the latest manufacturer updates. You can find more information in your car’s manual.
- Use a different app to play audio. Please contact the app developer if you are unable to play audio from third-party apps. You can contact Apple Support if you are having problems playing audio from an Apple app.
What To Do If Your Car Is Not Pair With Your iPhone Bluetooth?
Sometimes, your iPhone will not be able to find your car’s infotainment system. In that case, follow these steps:
- Apple iPhones should be restarted.
- The system of your iPhone should be updated.
- Your car may already be paired with another device.
- To contact Apple’s support service if any of the above doesn’t work, go to their website.
In most cars, you won’t be able to change settings on the infotainment system while moving, mostly out of safety concerns. So You should turn on your car and park it before pairing the devices.
You Might Like This: