Set up your HomePod by plugging it into an outlet and waiting for the white light to appear on top and the chime to sound. You will then be prompted to set up your HomePod with your unlocked iPhone. Using your iPhone’s viewfinder, center the HomePod in the center of the screen, then wait for the program to complete the setup.
Siri is the brain behind HomePod mini and HomePod. To control HomePod naturally, talk to Siri. Just speak to control your smart home accessories, listen to music and podcasts, and get answers to everyday questions.
Before beginning, update your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to iOS 15 or later. Ensure that your iOS or iPadOS device is connected to the Wi-Fi network that you’d like HomePod to use and that Bluetooth is enabled. In this guide, we show you how to connect iPhone to homepod.
How to connect iPhone to homepod?
- You will need an outlet to connect your HomePod. A white spinning light will appear on the top of your HomePod once you hear a chime.
- Place your unlocked iPhone or iPad near the HomePod. Your iOS device must be connected to WiFi, and Bluetooth must be enabled.
- When you see Set Up on your screen, tap on it.
- Please note that if the Set-Up screen doesn’t appear, you will need to manually set up your HomePod. Follow the instructions in the next section.
- Tap Continue once you have selected the room in which your HomePod is.
- Following the on-screen instructions, set up your HomePod. If you would like two HomePods set up as a stereo pair, and if you would like to use personal requests, you will be asked. Furthermore, you can change the settings in the Home app later. There are two screens that tell you what your HomePod can do.
- Place your HomePod so that the top is in the circle on your screen. Your screen will display a circle. If you don’t hear a tone, place your HomePod in the middle of the circle.
- If you cannot use your camera, tap Enter Passcode Manually. You can enter the code using the keypad after Siri speaks a four-digit code.
- Set up your HomePod while you wait. It may take a little while.
- After the setup process has been completed, tap Done. Once Siri speaks, you will know your HomePod is set up when it greets you. You will be able to respond without holding your iPhone or iPad.
- Once you have repeated a few phrases, Siri will ask for more. In this way, HomePod will learn what you are saying. “Hey, Siri, stop,” is a phrase you can say at any time.
Here is how to update your HomePod to iOS 14.1?
You can update your HomePod to iOS 14.1 to take advantage of the Intercom feature (once it is released) that allows you to send a message from one HomePod to another. Go into the Home app on your iPhone or iPad to take advantage of deeper integration with Apple Maps and iPhone, to set timers and alarms from any HomePod, to listen to podcasts with multi-user support, and more.
- Use your iPhone or iPad’s Home app
- The House icon will appear at the upper left corner of the screen
- Go to the Home screen
- Tap Software Update on the left
- On the Terms and Conditions page, click Agree to the terms and conditions and press Update (All) to begin the update.
How to Enable Handoff in HomePod?
Go to your iPhone’s Settings app and select the Handoff option. Make sure that both Transfer to HomePod and Handoff are turned on under General > AirPlay & Handoff.
Holding your iPhone near your HomePod for a few seconds enables Handoff, allowing you to transfer music. By holding your iPhone next to your HomePod, you can also transfer music back.
As well as asking Siri to play music, you can also say, “Hey, Siri” play song, album, artist, playlist, or genre. However, Apple Music subscribers will be able to do this feature. You’ll have access to over 70 million songs without any ads.
Additionally, you can stream music from your iPhone or iPad to your HomePod using AirPlay. For an iPhone X or newer, you will need to swipe up from the bottom, or for an iPhone 8 or earlier, you will need to swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen. Select your HomePod in the list of Airplay devices on your screen by tapping the Airplay icon in the top-right corner of your screen.
How to use HomePod without WiFi?
HomePod is an intelligent speaker, so to perform all of the tasks related to this, including Apple Music, Podcasts, news, and weather, it requires an internet connection via WiFi. What many people don’t know, however, is that it can be used as a speaker without being connected to the Internet.
No third-party apps or weird tricks are required in order to enjoy music on the HomePod without an internet connection, nor is it necessary to use any third-party apps. In the following article, we describe Apple’s own option and how it can help you.
In order to use the HomePod without a WiFi connection, it is essential that we configure it so that anyone can access it. Open the Home application, which is where we find HomePod settings, and select the “Home Settings” option in the menu that shows up. Next, we select the house where the HomePod is located, then we select the “Allow access to speakers” option from the options presented to us.
Here we have to give access to “Everyone”, but don’t worry, you can restrict that access by means of a password if you want, so that not just anyone can see your HomePod. The HomePod will no longer require a WiFi connection. You can use the playback app on your iPhone or iPad, press the AirPlay icon, and the speaker will appear among the options even if you do not have WiFi. Although a WiFi network is not required, your iPhone or iPad does need to have active WiFi in order to receive the music.