Through your Wi-Fi-connected smart TV, you can access all of these features. Some of them even have sound systems. Having tested many Android TVs over the last few months, I believe that Fire TV OS and the official Android platform are the best smart TV platforms currently available. Samsung is using Tizen, LG is using WebOS, etc. Many premium TV brands stick with proprietary platforms like these. Similar to Philips, Philips has its own operating system for smart TVs. I’m reviewing the Philips 50PUT6103S/94 model today, a well-priced smart television that competes well against some popular budget alternatives.
Philips Smart TV — Features and Specifications
Philips’ television has a panel with a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels and a refresh rate of 60 Hz. Despite the company not specifying the type of panel, it appears to be a good quality VA panel. This laptop features a quad-core processor, although it’s not clear what the processor’s make and speed are, nor how much RAM or internal storage it has. This TV features micro-dimming with 6,400 software-controlled zones. It supports the 2.4 GHz a/b/g/n standards with its built-in WiFi. The Wi-Fi AC and the 5GHz wireless bands will not be supported. Bluetooth will not be available either. The audio output is rated at 20 W RMS. Since this TV isn’t an official Android TV model, it doesn’t support Chromecast, but it can mirror content from a phone or tablet using Miracast.
In addition to an IR remote with dozens of keys, the company offers a Netflix key. You might guess that it doesn’t work with voice commands. In addition to two AAA batteries, the package contains a good build quality.
Philips Smart TV — User Interface:
A user-friendly interface based on icons is provided by Philips’ Saphi OS, which operates this TV. You can navigate through apps and menus using the D-pad and select options by pressing OK.
Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, and Eros Now are the only popular OTT services that come preinstalled in India.
The UI runs smoothly and is pretty much lag-free. Several audio and video settings can be customized, including playing media files from USB drives. The settings for picture and sound are buried a bit too deep for my taste, but they are readily accessible in any app or input mode, something many Android TVs do not offer.
You get Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, and Eros Now preinstalled as the most popular OTT services in India. In addition to Hotstar, Sony LIV, Zee5, and others, Android TV does not support those services yet.
Using YouTube’s app is the only way to cast. So long as you have an internet connection and WiFi, you can watch YouTube on your phone and cast the videos to your TV. However, this is not possible for other services. It feels like Saphi OS still has a long way to go in terms of app support, even beyond streaming platforms.
Here’s the detail about “How to connect iPhone to Philips Smart TV?”. It is not difficult to connect iPhone with Phillips Smart TV. We are here to help you in the way of this article.
How To Connect iPhone To Philips Smart Tv?
You cannot directly connect your new iPhone to your Philips TV with a Roku device or an Amazon Fire Stick.
The iPhone must instead be connected to Philips TV using one of these devices. This is described below.
The Philips Smart TV and iPhone must be on the same network. Click “ Screen Mirroring ” > ” LetsView + the name of your TV ” in the Control Center on your iPhone to start mirroring. After that, the screen of your iPhone will be mirrored to your Philips TV immediately. Samsung TVs and iPhones. There are, however, six methods for connecting an iPhone to Phillips Smart TV.
4 Methods To Connect iPhone To Phillips Smart TV Using Mirror Technique?
1. Using an HDMI cable to Connect Your iPhone To Your TV
With this device, you can use your apps on a larger screen and see your favorite content, with the added advantage of sound and video – and it’s simple to use. You may also be able to use this method with an iPad with the help of an adapter (also known as a dongle).
What do you need?
- Each end of the HDMI cable has an HDMI connection.
- AV Adapter Lightning Digital.
- A TV with unused HDMI ports.
- HDMI cables are available in many styles.
The most common uses, your budget, and your interests should be considered. Make sure your cable is long enough to reach from the back of your TV to your iPhone – so make sure you purchase a cable that’s long enough.
You should also ensure that the cable you purchase is compatible with your iPhone and iOS software.
An HDMI cable and Lightning Adapter can be used to connect your iPhone.
One end of the HDMI cable should be connected to a free HDMI port on your TV. HDMI ports are found behind and on the sides of most TVs. There should be an HDMI label on it – make a note of the number.
- HDMI cable should be connected to the Lightning Digital AV Adapter at the other end.
- Connect your iPhone with the Lightning connector.
- You can use your remote control to select the HDMI port you just connected. Once the TV is on, use the TV controls to select the correct HDMI port.
- On-screen, you should see your iPhone or iPad’s picture and sound.
2. How To Connect Your iPhone To Your TV With A Plug And Play Cable
You can get a plug-and-play cable that has HDMI and USB Ports if you have a TV that allows you to connect a USB to your phone as well. If you want to use your iPhone with lighting, don’t buy two cables at once. But be. However, you may not be able to get paid apps or subscriptions with certain HDMI cable models.
Connecting your iPhone with a Plug and Play Cable
- Your TV should have both an HDMI port and a USB port. Connect one side of the HDMI cable to both. You will find the HDMI labeled port next to the USB label.
- Your iPhone needs to be connected to the Lighting side.
- Find the HDMI input on your TV by turning it on.
- Put your phone on your TV and start watching what’s on it.
Connecting Your iPhone To Your Smart TV
A few smart TVs have iPhone support built-in – look for Airplay in your TV’s specifications.
If your TV doesn’t support Airplay, you can mirror what is on your iPhone on your TV by using specific apps, depending on the brand of your TV. Streaming your paid subscriptions and playing games on a big screen will be possible with this.
What do you need?
- The smart TV
- Compatibility between your iPhone and smart TV
- Mirroring software
A brand-specific app might be available for your smart TV to stream videos and photos. Remote control functions are also available with the app. Nero Streaming Player allows you to mirror the content on your iPhone directly to your smart TV if you don’t have a TV-specific app.
How to connect your iPhone to your smart TV?
- Install the app. Nero Streaming Player is used as an example in this case.
- Use the same Wi-Fi connection for both your iPhone and TV.
- Stream specific content from your iPhone into your TV by selecting the button that allows you to stream it.
4 . Using Apple TV Or An Airplay-Compatible TV To Stream On Your TV?
Its features allow you to connect nearly instantly your phone to your TV. Music, presentations, photos, videos, and more can all be viewed using these options. The most recent TVs also support Airplay, which means you can connect directly to a TV using the following steps.
What do you need?
- If your TV supports Airplay, you’ll need Apple TV.
- The iOS device must be compatible.
- Following these instructions will allow you to connect your iOS device to your Apple TV if it is compatible.
How To Connect Your iPhone With Apple TV?
- Ensure that your iOS device and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- The Control Center can either be shown and opened by swiping up or down depending on the version you have. Apple iPhones with iOS 12 or later display these controls by swiping down. Earlier versions display these controls by swiping up.
- Choose your Apple TV or Airplay-compatible TV from the list of screen mirroring options. Your iOS device will ask you for the name if AirPlay is available.
- By simply turning your phone, you can choose whether the TV display is to show in horizontal or vertical orientation – the TV display will adjust automatically.
- On the big screen, you can watch your favorite content.
- Also through this option are iPads and iPod Touches connected to Apple TVs.
Big screen or small screen, you decide
You aren’t limited to just viewing video on your TV, you can also mirror your screen. This is great for browsing websites, viewing pictures, and watching videos. Your iPhone will appear on your TV after connecting the appropriate option to your TV so that you can view everything on your phone.
On both your phone and your TV, videos are usually automatically oriented, so you can turn your phone sideways for an even better viewing experience; even if your phone has an oblique angle horizontal, it will automatically change to full landscape view on your TV.
Applications that only work horizontally are unable to switch to sideways or vertically because they are not programmed to do so.
Here Are Our related Articles: