Streaming entertainment to your TV couldn’t be easier with Roku. Your way. Thousands of free and popular subscription channels on Roku, Roku TV, and Roku players. There’s always something on Roku players and Roku TV. You can stream more than 500000 movies and TV episodes through hundreds of channels (also called apps) that you can watch on your television. Roku is a small square device you can place on top of your television to watch movies and TV shows. Below we have written a complete detailed guide about that “How To Connect Roku Tv To Wifi Without Remote?”
How does Roku work?
You can watch your favorite TV shows on Roku for an affordable price. By replacing expensive cable equipment with Roku devices, you can streamline your setup, streamline your movies, and watch what you love while saving money.
How to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi Without a Remote?
What you need to know
- Using the Remote function on the Roku app, download the app.
- Steps will be provided on how to complete the process under Settings > Network > Set up connection.
Roku might not be connecting to your Wi-Fi network, and if you can not find your remote, you may be unsure what you should do. Here is what you can do. Roku can be controlled via the Roku app on your smartphone as long as you have one.
3 Most Common Methods To Connect Roku To Wi-Fi Without a Remote
1. Connect Roku Directly To Wifi?
A wired connection may be more reliable if your Roku is having trouble connecting wirelessly. Having an Ethernet port on your Roku device is only possible if you have a specific Roku device, such as the Roku Ultra, as not all Roku devices have one.
Check the back of your Roku for a port that is labeled Ethernet to see if it can be connected to an Ethernet cable. Connect your Roku to your router through an Ethernet cable if you see this message.
You can also get a USB Ethernet adapter and hook it up to your router if you have a Roku Streambar. You might find an Ethernet port on the back of a Roku TV. Check the back of your TV if it has one.
In order to connect Roku to your router, you need to do the following:
- Go to the Home screen on your Roku.
- Set up a connection by selecting Settings > Network.
- Choose the wired connection.
- You should be able to automatically detect your network on the Roku.
2. By Using Mobile Hotspot
With your smartphone, you can easily access Roku. Using Mobile Hotspot, you can connect Roku to WiFi. Following these steps will get you set up:
- Your first step should be to go to your phone’s Settings.
- After clicking on the Set Up Mobile Hotspot button, select the Mobile Hotspot option.
- Then, you should click on OK when the Mobile Data warning appears
- To add a WiFi network, follow the steps below. Also, you will have to choose WPA2 PSK as your security mode.
- Now that it has been created, it has to be saved. The hotspot must then be activated.
- Depending on whether you are an Android or an iOS user, you will need to open your Google Play Store or iOS App Store. Afterward, you will need to install the Roku app.
- Then open the app and select the Remote icon located at the bottom of the screen when the installation is complete.
- The mobile device will display a remote similar to the original hardware remote.
- Your phone will display a virtual remote layout with the corresponding keys. Connect to WiFi and use those keys.
- Find your wireless network by going to Roku’s Settings menu.
- You will be prompted to enter the password of the network after it finds your wireless network. You will be able to use your Roku device with or without a remote once it’s connected to the Internet.
3. Using Roku App:
- You can download and install Roku’s app. Android users can download the app from the Google Play Store, while Apple users can download it from the Apple App Store. Be sure to use the official Roku Inc. app from among the many third-party offerings.
- You can follow the instructions on the screen after you open the app. When using the Roku app for the first time, you’ll have to agree to the agreement and go through a simple tutorial.
- Select Devices from the menu. This can be found at the bottom of the screen. In order to allow it to find your Roku devices, you will have to tap OK when you use the app for the first time.
- The next step is to select your Roku device.
- Once the Remote icon is selected, tap it. The Remote icon will appear in this plus-shaped form once you tap your device.
- Lastly, the app also includes a remote for controlling your TV. Roku player can be controlled using the app on your smartphone indefinitely. To access content via your Roku player, ensure that your smartphone is connected to the same WiFi network.
- If you lose your Roku remote while at home, these steps will work for you. The only exception is if you’re at a hotel and can’t access the same WiFi network that your Roku was previously connected to.
You will be able to use your Roku player’s app only if you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network it remembered last. Using the same name and password, you could create a new WiFi network. If you cannot set up a new network, you can also set up a hotspot on your smartphone and connect your Roku player to it.
How Do You Find Your Roku IP Address Without Wi-Fi or a Remote?
Your Roku won’t have an IP address if you don’t have an active Wi-Fi connection. Using the steps above, you will be able to connect your Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote. From there, you can identify the IP address.
- Tap the Home button on the Remote screen of the Roku app.
- To access Settings > Network > About, use the arrow keys.
- You will see the name of the network your Roku is connected to, then the IP address underneath the network name.