With an iPhone, you always have access to all of your important documents, wherever you are. Keeping your files organized makes it easy to find that PDF receipt you need or those videos you enjoy watching later.
Most people have dozens of apps on their iPhones, some of which they use daily, while others are only useful occasionally although they aren’t willing to delete them. If you are one of those who prefer to be more organized, having an abundance of downloaded apps can be a hassle.
Fortunately, your iPhone apps can be organized into folders. The process of creating folders is quick and easy and takes only a few seconds. Keeping your apps organized can also be made easier by naming your folders. This article explains how to create folders on iPhone.
The following information will help you.
How to create folders on iPhone?
- You can create a folder by holding the icon of the first app you wish to move into a folder until all the icons in your applications begin to shake and the upper left corner of the screen shows a small X.
- If you would like to place another app in the same folder, press and hold down the app icon again. Floating one application icon over another will create a folder. Dropping both apps into your new folder is as easy as holding down the application icons.
- It should be noted that the iPhone will automatically title the folder based on the applications it contains. When two banking apps are placed within the same folder, the folder will be called “Banking Folder”.
Here’s how to create a subfolder on the iPhone?
- Navigate to the parent folder.
- Create a folder by tapping the plus button.
- Alternatively, you can drag and drop folders between each other.
How to rename a folder on your iPhone?
Much like when you created them, you can change the names of iPhone folders.
- The first thing you need to do is press and hold one of the app icons in the folder you want to rename until the apps within it shake and a small X appears in the upper left corner of each one.
- This will enable the title box of the folder to be edited. You can now type a name for the folder by tapping within it. It’s that simple!
How to delete a folder from your iPhone?
Sometimes you may want to remove the folder you’ve created from your home screen, and list all your apps individually. In that case, the apps can be restored to their original locations by deleting the folder.
- If you want to delete an iPhone folder, simply hold and press an app icon within the folder until it shakes and the upper left-hand corner of the icon shows a small X.
- One app at a time can be dragged to your home screen from within a folder. Upon deletion of the folder, the app will automatically be removed.
How Do I Create Folders for Photo Albums in the Photos App on iPhone?
You can create custom folders for the Photos app by following these steps:
- Launch the Photos app.
- You can add albums by tapping the plus icon in the Albums tab.
- Click on New Folder.
- You can name your new folder and save it.
- Open the folder by tapping it.
- Select Edit, then tap the plus icons.
- You can create a new album or folder by tapping New Album.
- You can add photos to your album by tapping the photos you want, then tap Done.
It is now easier to find the exact photos you are looking for by organizing your folders and albums.
Tip: How to Create a New Email Folder on the iPhone?
Whenever you connect via POP, IMAP, or Exchange to your business email account on Apple iPhones, all the subfolders and archive folders associated with it will be automatically loaded. Moving messages between folders on your iPhone may require you to set up a new mailbox folder. Mailbox folders can be created directly within the iOS mail app.
- Your iPhone will display a “Mail” icon on the home screen.
- Select a new folder by tapping the desired email account. Then scroll down to the “Accounts” section.
- On the upper-right side of the page, click the “Edit” button.
- Click on the “New Mailbox” button in the bottom right corner.
- To create a new email folder, use the on-screen keyboard.
- By tapping “Mailbox Location”, you can specify where the new folder will be stored.
- The new email folder will be created once you tap “Save” and “Done.”.
Some Frequently Asked Questions By Users
1. Is it possible to create file folders on my iPhone?
Make a new folder
- Click on Locations.
- To create a new folder, tap iCloud Drive or On My device. You may also select a third-party cloud service.
- You can do this by swiping down on the screen.
- Click More.
- Choose New Folder.
- Give the folder a name. Click Done.
2. What is the process for creating a new folder?
Click New Folder when you reach the location you want to create the new folder. After you type in the folder name, click OK. The document is saved to the new folder by clicking File > Save As, selecting the new folder, and clicking Save.
3. How are files and folders different?
All data and programs are stored in files, and files are read and written by computers. Folders contain one or more files and can be empty until they are filled with files. Files are always organized into folders.
You should now be able to understand how to create folders on the iPhone. Please share this article with your friends and family members and if you have any problem with this guide, please let me know in the comments section below.