Creating beautiful, funny, or captivating videos on an iPhone is made possible because of the amazing Apple camera. If you are an impatient video maker, it is simple just to pull out your phone and shoot.
If you make a lot of videos, you likely also edit a lot, which requires learning how to do specific editing tasks, such as cropping. We will run you through several methods for cropping your videos, including using a third-party app. Here you will find the complete information about “How To Crop A Video On iPhone?” Let’s start reading.
3 Methods: How To Crop A Video On iPhone?
To solve your problem of “how to crop a video on an iPhone,” we have explained the three best methods below, which we hope will solve your problem.
Method 1: Use the Photos app to crop videos
The Photos app lets you adjust the length and resolution of a video on an iPhone you must have ios 13. In short, the built-in Photos application lets you shorten videos as well as ensure that their Instagram stories are the right size. Video trimming is possible in the Photos App
Trimming a video in the Photos app on an iPhone is as follows:
1. Your iPhone has an app called Photos.
2. You can edit your video by tapping Edit in the top-right corner of your mobile phone’s screen.
3. By using the sliders under the video you can trim its beginning or endpoint. Play the video before choosing the start and stop points by tapping the play icon near the left slider.
4. Once you’re satisfied with the result, tap Done in the bottom-right corner. Following that, select whether or not to save both the original and edited versions of the video (tap on Save Video as New Clip) or if you just want to save the edited version (tap on Save Video).
Don’t worry if you accidentally tapped on Save Video. you’ve not lost anything because the original video version of the clip still exists. Trims can be undone, so don’t worry if you accidentally tapped on Save Video. You need only open that video, hit Edit, and then click “Revert to Original” to revert it to its original state. Remember, however, that if you do this, not only will the video size be altered, but also all previous changes, which you made previously, will be lost.
In the Photos app, crop a video
The following are the steps for cropping a video using Photos:
1. You will need to open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the video that you would like to adjust and look for the video that you would like to adjust.
3. Tap Edit to make changes.
4. You can crop your photo by tapping on the crop icon at the bottom of the screen.
5. If you would like to delete unnecessary video areas, you can move the corners of the video grid tool. You can also resize the video to fit a specific aspect ratio by tapping on the resize icon and selecting the required ratio in the video window.
6. Once you have completed the process, select Done.
Method 2: Using Crop Video, you can adjust your videos
This video editor provides a number of advanced features that can be used to adjust the length, size, orientation, and effects of the video. The following instructions show you how to change the width, and height, and shorten a video with this third-party app.
1. Launch up the Crop Video app from the App Store and you will be able to crop videos as you would normally.
2. After you open the app for the first time, you will be prompted to grant permission for the app to access your photo library and video library. Click on Allow Access to All Photos to grant permission.
3. The app will display all of your photos and videos in one place. In order to find the videos you need faster, tap on Recents and then select the folder that contains the video.
4. Tap on Next when you have selected the video you want to edit.
5. By moving the timeline’s sides under the video, you can trim it by tapping Next after moving the timeline’s sides.
6. Now that you have cropped the video, you can save it. You can reduce the size of the frame by dragging its edges.
7. You can move the video frame around by tapping and holding the image and you can also focus on the necessary part of the image by holding it. You can also change the aspect ratio of the video by tapping the settings button under the video.
8. In the top right-hand corner of the screen, you will see an export icon if you are ready to export.
You will have to watch an ad to save your edited video. Using the app is free, but if you want to remove the ads, you’ll need to subscribe.
Method 3: Use iMovie to crop videos
Although you can crop and trim videos in the Photos app, you can also edit the length and size of videos in iMovie. The steps are as follows:
1. On your iPhone, open the iMovie app.
2. Select Movie from the Create New Project menu.
3. To create a movie, select a video from your albums, tap the check icon, and then select Create Movie.
4. You will see a magnifying glass appear in the upper right-hand corner if you tap the timeline section.
5. Cropping the video is done by zooming in or out with two fingers.
6. You can trim the video by moving the timeline borders to select an appropriate beginning and end.
7. After you’re finished, tap on Done.
8. Tap the export icon at the bottom of the screen to save the video to your iPhone or send it to a friend.
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
1 What Is Cropping?
An image or video may be cropped in order to eliminate things that are outside of its frame. This is known as cropping. As a result of this process, the source media is almost always resized, and sometimes even the aspect ratio is affected as well. Among the practical uses for cropping is the ability to remove other people from selfies, and to make widescreen videos fit into square frames.
2. What Is the Difference Between Cropping and Trimming?
It is a common misunderstanding that cropping and trimming are synonymous; however, these tasks are technically distinct. Trimming the video files’ length or duration makes changes to the video’s appearance when viewed as a whole, as opposed to cropping.
Using a video as an Instagram Story, for example, you would be able to shorten it from one minute to 30 seconds, while cropping it in such a way that it fills the whole screen. By trim a video, you are making it shorter; by cropping a video, you are changing the amount of the video you see at any given time.
3. When a video is cropped on an iPhone, what are the reasons that I should do it?
You can crop the video on an iPhone as you record it and save it. This is a more time and convenient, efficient, and convenient method than transferring the video to a computer to edit. Additionally, iOS devices also offer more intuitive and easy-to-use video editing apps that provide streamlined export options that do not require technical knowledge in order to use them.
4. What Are the Benefits of Cropping Videos?
Cropping your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad video can be beneficial for a variety of reasons:
- Remove an object or person. In the case that you’ve filmed an excellent video, but there’s someone in the background who’s ruining it, you can crop them out as you would with any photograph.
- To optimize the video for social media feeds. Before sharing widescreen videos on Twitter or Facebook, many people crop them into a square aspect ratio. Generally speaking, square videos appear larger in social media feeds and are easier to view on small screens.
- Optimized for Instagram Stories. It appears that if you zoom in on a widescreen
video in Instagram Stories, it will appear small, or if you zoom out on it, it will focus on the middle of the screen. Before uploading the video to Instagram, you should crop the video in a way that focuses solely on what you want to convey.
4. When a video is cropped on an iPhone, what are the reasons that I should do it?
You can crop the video on an iPhone as you record it and save it. This is a more time and convenient, efficient, and convenient method than transferring the video to a computer to edit. Additionally, iOS devices also offer more inbuilt and easy-to-use video editing apps that provide streamlined export options that do not require technical knowledge in order to use them.