Getting familiar with editing photos can be a challenge for some people. An image of a screenshot can be shot or captured and used directly.
There may be something behind your subject you want to cut out or you might just want to grab the most interesting part of the picture. The process of cropping a photo is pretty straightforward, and you can choose a size suitable for your needs or do it freeform.
If You are facing trouble in cropping your photos, then no worries we are always here to help you in the way of this article. On this page, we’ll show you “How To Crop Photos On iPhone?”.
How to Crop a Photo On iPhone?
1. Click on the photo. On the Home screen, the app has a white background and a multicolored pinwheel icon.
2. Browse albums. In this section, you should list several albums, such as “Camera Roll,”, “People,” and “Places.”
- Alternatively, tap Albums in the bottom right corner of the screen if Photos isn’t opening the Albums page.
- In the top-left corner of the screen, tap the “back arrow” if Photos opens to a single photo.
3. Select one of your photos for editing. The picture will appear in a nearly full-screen format.
4. The editing options will appear once you tap the button. There’s an icon to the left of the garbage can icon at the bottom of the screen.
5. The crop menu will appear when you tap on the button. To the right of the Cancel option, you will find it at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
6. Click on the crop icon. You can crop your photo in two ways here:
- Manually: Tapping and dragging a corner or side of the image will bring it up. By dragging upward, you can get rid of anything underneath the bottom of a picture.
- Preset: You can view a list of predefined aspect ratios such as 9:16 and Square by tapping the button at the bottom-right corner of the screen. If you tap the relevant preset, it will be applied to your photo.
7. Tap the Done button. You’ll find it on the bottom-right of the screen. After clicking it, your cropping changes will be saved, and you will be taken out of the photo editor.
- To revert to the original state of the photo, tap Cancel, followed by Discard Changes, located at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
How To Make Changes, Then Undo Them?
This can be undone easily if you decide you want to.
- Tap Edit after selecting the photo.
- Right-click Revert and choose it.
- Revert to Original by checking the box.
Be aware, however, that reverting the photo to its original state will also undo any other modifications you have made.
Using The iPhone, You Can Automatically Crop Photos
You can automatically crop a photo into the desired size by selecting a pre-defined aspect ratio on your iPhone. Follow these steps:
- You can edit an image in the Photos app by tapping it.
- Right-click the Edit button.
- To crop or rotate the photo, tap its icon in the bottom left corner.
- At the top, tap the crop icon that resembles three rectangles joined together.
5. Aspect ratios can be selected in the options.
6. You can crop horizontally or vertically.
7. Please click on “Done”.
A cropped picture on your iPhone or iPad gives you the part of the image you desire, rather than the entire photo. Moreover, you can keep what you want in your picture by using the freeform tool and preset ratios.
Is there anything you would like to share about photo editing on the iPhone and iPad with our readers?
Using your computer to edit pictures is easy with these ways to crop a picture on a Mac.
Here Are Some of the Latest Updates About the iPhone: