You can easily delete all messages on your iPhone 8 or iPhone X or iPhone 7 in iOS 11 or iOS 10 in this article, whether you need to free if you need to prevent unwanted messages from piling up on your iPhone, or even if you just want to delete one message.
Below is our tutorial on ” how to delete a messages on iPhone?” You will discover that removing messages from your iPhone is a convenient and easy process once you become familiar with the process.
How To Delete a Messages On iPhone 8/X/7?
To avoid a total loss of your messages, you can first transfer them to your computer before deleting them. Having a computer backup of your iPhone messages is essential in case you need them in the future.
Steps To Remove a Message On iPhone
1. Using the Messages App on your iPhone, locate the conversation you want to delete.
2. Select Delete from the left-hand menu when you see the message you want to remove.
Delete All Messages On iPhone In Just 1 Click
- Open your iPhone’s Messages app.
- Go to the top left corner of your iPhone screen and click Edit.
- Click on the messages you want to delete and select Delete at the lower right corner of your screen.
How To Set Messages To Delete Automatically From iPhone?
In iMessage, messages are automatically removed after a set time period. Therefore, you won’t need to manually delete everything to free up space.
- Your iPhone or iPad will launch the Settings app.
- Select Messages from the menu.
- The Message History section contains a link that says Keep Messages.
4. Depending on your preference, choose 1 year or 30 days.
5. Delete any messages older than the specified period by tapping Delete in the popup menu. This action cannot be reversed.
How to Permanently Delete Text Messages on iPhone?
1. When you have finished running PhoneClean on the computer, connect your iPhone to the computer. Start scanning your iPhone with the Privacy Clean option.
2. When the scan has been completed, use the Sensitive Data menu to view the saved messages. You can delete conversations by going to the result page and selecting them.
3. You can delete all messages from your iPhone by selecting the Clean option. As an added feature, Secure Cleanup will also help you find and remove deleted messages that are still stored on your iPhone.
How Do You Delete Individual Texts From a Message In iPhone?
It is difficult for me to delete individual messages from a message conversation after downloading them. A text bubble appears as “more” when I highlight it. The trash can, however, does not show when I check the box. Clicking “Delete All” is the only option available. Instead of being able to choose which text you want to keep or delete, you must delete the entire conversation. Is there something I’m missing here?
1. If you maintain your finger on the delete button for some time, a menu will appear. Within the menu, “Copy” and “More” are available in the menu
2. The message you selected is marked with an asterisk (*). To view more or to delete all, use the top left corner of the screen.
3. You can delete the message after selecting it and tapping the trash can. You will see a confirmation message. Select “Delete Message”.
There is no message left. There are only blurry messages.
How To Delete Message Attachments On iPhone?
You can also delete your message attachments if you don’t want to give up the messages themselves, but want to free up storage and declutter your iPhone. Follow these steps:
- You can review large attachments by going to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Click Edit.
- You can delete attachments by selecting them.
- The Trash icon can be found in the upper right corner.
You can still review attachments if you do not see the Review Large Attachments prompt. To do so, follow these steps:
- Messages can be found under Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- The following information can be found by selecting a category:
- Attachments – Review
- Conversations of the Week
- A video
- You can delete an attachment by selecting it.
- To delete an item, tap the Trash icon.
Is It Possible To Find Deleted Messages On My iPhone?
The messages or conversations you delete from your iPhone cannot be searched for or found once they are deleted. Our article will cover the topic of recovering and restoring old messages a little later.
How To Delete Messages On iPhone By Mac?
A certain number of days cannot currently be set for when logs in the Message App are automatically deleted. There are a few ways to manually remove texts and iMessages on your Mac if you’re wondering how to do that. Those are some of the best strategies for today, so let’s take a closer look.
Follow These Steps To Delete Messages On iPhone:
- Set up iCloud Messages on your Mac
- You can select 30 days or 1 year for keeping messages in the Message App.
- By pressing Command + Delete or by going to File > Delete Conversation, you can remove all the conversations from your computer.
- If you want to delete a selection from a message thread, you can right-click and choose Delete or Edit > Delete.
- Choose Edit > Clear Transcript or Option + Command + K to maintain the conversation but delete the transcript.
- Message App Preferences should be updated so that the Save history when conversations end checkbox is unticked and your Mac will not store your message history.
- You can delete the history of all your Messages App chats permanently by using Terminal.
Here Are Our Related Articles About iPhone Messages: