Every modern web browser comes with bookmarks, which can be very useful. They let you save your favorite websites and revisit them at a later date. The majority of individuals use them frequently because they are so convenient.
It is possible to find yourself overwhelmed by bookmarks if you’re one of them. By doing so, the reports become hard to browse, undermining the very intention of this feature. In order to use your bookmarks efficiently, you must manage them properly. Here is the complete information about “How to delete bookmarks on iPhone?” Check it below!
How To Delete Bookmarks On Iphone?
Method 1: Delete Bookmarks on the iPhone using Safari
The folder feature in Safari allows you to organize your bookmarks easily. You could put all the bookmarks for a web page related to technology into one folder if you wanted to organize them. Sounds interesting, right? Let’s examine the steps that need to be taken now.
1. On your iPhone or iPad, click the “Safari” app on the home screen.
2. To access bookmarks, you can tap the “Bookmarks” icon located right next to “Tabs”.
3. To edit the screen, click “Edit” in the bottom-right corner.
4. Keeping it organized requires you to tap any of the bookmarks you want to move around.
5. Safari automatically stores bookmarks in the Bookmarks folder, so if you click on Location you’ll see that the bookmark you just selected is under Bookmarks. The folder name must be tapped, in this case, “Bookmarks,” in order to change this location.
6. Alternatively, you can also create a new folder and move the bookmark there. In order to keep bookmarks organized, you’ll want to group them under one folder. Simply tap “New folder”.
7. Then tap the “Save” button and enter the name you prefer for the folder.
8. Your newly created folder should be visible under location now. To complete the move, simply tap “Done” on the keyboard.
9. In the screenshot below, you can see that the bookmark we selected has been moved to the new folder. If you wish to remove a bookmark or bookmark folder from this list, you can tap on the red “-” icon next to its name. If you’ve completed the process, tap “Done” in the bottom right corner.
Now that you know what to do in order to manage and delete bookmarks within Safari on your iPhone and iPad, you should be able to navigate around easier.
Method 2: Delete a bookmark on iPhone directly
Directly from Safari, Apple iPhone users can delete bookmarks. Despite the fact that you cannot select all unwanted bookmarks at once, there is a Select All option.
1. You can do this by navigating to the bookmarks icon at the bottom of Safari.
2. Your bookmarks as well as any folders you may have created will appear here.
3. To delete the text, click Edit, then click the red minus icon.
4. It’s also possible to delete a bookmark by left-swiping it
5. Once you have selected Delete, tap it.
Method 3: Using AnyTrans, you can mass delete bookmarks on iPhone
A useful feature of AnyTrans is its ability to delete all bookmarks with one click. It allows you to manage iPhone bookmarks faster with this professional iPhone data manager. Discover the comprehensive features of AnyTrans.
Delete Content from iPhone Using AnyTrans
- The iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch have the ability to delete, add, and edit bookmarks.
- Sync bookmarks directly from your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
- You will be able to see any iCloud or iTunes backup files.
- As well as managing iOS data, such as safari history, notes, contacts, calendars, books, photos, videos, and music.
Follow these steps to easily delete bookmarks on your iPhone after you have downloaded AnyTrans on your computer.
Step 1. Plug your iPhone into the computer after you launch AnyTrans. Open the Category Management section of Device Manager.
Step 2. Choose Bookmarks from the Safari menu.
Step 3. You can delete your iPhone bookmarks by clicking on the trash icon.
Please note. In addition to deleting bookmarks and editing the names, you can right-click your mouse to do so.
What are the benefits of deleting bookmarks on iPhones?
1. Your bookmarks use the same amount of space on your iPhone as everything else. It takes Safari a bit of time to build up its data, and it can become quite large. Initially, you might not realize how much space the browser is taking up, but after a while, it is going to consume quite a bit of space.
2. The first reason to delete bookmarks is that they are no longer needed. Cookies, search histories, and any other seemingly insignificant pieces of data should be treated the same. Safari becomes bloated and slow because of all three of them even though none of them take up a lot of space by themselves.
3. Your iPhone can lag if it doesn’t have enough storage. The majority of heavy users may experience this, even while using newer models with a lot of it. The deletion of bookmarks, however, could make your iPhone, or at least Safari, run more smoothly. There are significantly larger items, such as photos, to remove than bookmarks.
4. Another strong reason to delete your bookmarks is that bookmarks can also distribute malware, something many people are unaware of. The thing that many people overlook is web browsing, but we’re warned about sketchy iMessages, emails, or apps. Malware comes in many forms that can be downloaded to your phone without you ever downloading anything.
6. The elimination of bookmarks, for example, can yield more benefits than you may think. Take a look at the following sections to find out how to achieve this.