It’s normal to wonder by now how you can get to grips with a large collection of shortcuts whether they come from the gallery or an external source, or if you create them yourself that you have added to your library. The good thing is that Shortcuts gives you the option to rearrange, delete, and duplicate your shortcuts, all with the tap of a finger.
Also, there are other options that are easy to manage such as having shortcuts appear (or disappear from) the Shortcuts widget that displays in the Today view or just choosing to share content from the share sheet that appears when you want to share something in another app.
From iOS 12 onwards, iPhone shortcuts have helped users customize their devices in a more convenient way. They allow the user to trigger a series of functions by simply touching the screen or putting in a voice command. Nevertheless, these shortcuts on your iPhone, depending on how you use it, can become a nuisance for some people. Here is a guide to help you remove shortcuts on your iPhone that might make navigation easier. In this article, we show you how to delete shortcuts on iPhone.
How to delete shortcuts on iPhone via Shortcuts App?
It is possible on your phone to set up shortcuts for two different things. As well as using the iPhone Shortcuts app, Siri Suggestions will also allow you to find shortcuts.
- Click on the Shortcuts app to open it.
- In the top right corner of My Shortcuts, tap the Select button.
- Make sure you have selected the shortcut(s) that you would like to remove.
- The delete can be accessed in the bottom right corner of the screen by tapping it.
- Please confirm that you wish to delete the shortcut.
If you want to delete any shortcut on the My Shortcuts tab, you can tap and hold it and then select Delete from the drop-down box. By signing into your iCloud account, this shortcut will be removed from all your iCloud devices when you sign in to your iCloud account.
How do I remove shortcuts on iPhone from Your Home Screen?
Shortcuts will not be removed from your home screen if your shortcut has already been bookmarked there.
- Holding down the shortcut icon will display a drop-down menu that will appear when you release the button.
- Click on the Delete Bookmark option.
- Confirm the deletion of the bookmark.
On the iPhone, how can I turn off Siri suggestions?
According to the settings in Siri, based on your regular activities and your current time, Siri will make suggestions to help you to make your life easier. The suggestions act as shortcuts to your favorite activities, such as sending a message to a friend you text frequently or playing an iTunes playlist that is frequently listened to. If you wish to turn off Siri Suggestions, you can access Siri Settings.
- Click on the Settings button
- Choose Siri & Search from the menu.
- Using the Siri & Search interface, you can scroll down to see a list of apps that have been tested with Siri Suggestions. As you tap them, you will be able to turn off suggestions from the App and more when you use the toggle under On Home Screen.
- There are a number of options available for customizing your iPhone to suit your needs, including the Shortcuts App and Siri Suggestions. If you have too many shortcuts on your phone, it can become overwhelming.
How do I rearrange the shortcuts on iPhone?
- You can access Shortcuts by using your iPhone or iPad.
- In the top-left corner of the application, click the Edit button.
- A shortcut can be moved by tapping and dragging it to its new location. If you would like to move multiple shortcuts at once, you can tap the shortcuts one by one after you start dragging one.
- After your shortcuts have been placed correctly, tap Done when you are done.
How can I make duplicate shortcuts on iPhone?
- You can access Shortcuts by using your iPhone or iPad.
- In the middle of the application, select Edit in the left-hand corner.
- Choose the shortcut you would like to duplicate and click it.
- Click on the duplicate button in order to make the copy.
How do I remove shortcuts on iPhone from Quick Website Search?
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone. There is an icon that appears as a stack of gray gears and appears on the Home Screen.
- You can tap Safari by scrolling down and swiping right. Approximately halfway down the page, you will see Safari at the bottom.
- Click on the Quick Website Search button.
- If you want to access the desired website, you need to swipe left. Below the main Quick Website Search toggle, you can find a section listing shortcuts to popular websites. In the top right corner of the website’s name, there is a red Delete button that appears.
- Select Delete from the menu. The website will be removed from the shortcuts list by Safari. When typing into the browser’s address bar, the software is no longer going to search the website directly. This does not mean, however, that it will not appear in search engine results at all.
Tip: In Shortcuts widget or share sheet: how to display shortcuts?
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Shortcuts and open it up.
- Click on the button on the shortcut that you would like to use.
- In the top-right corner, there is a button that can be tapped to open the shortcut.
- In order to show this shortcut in the Shortcuts widget, you will need to click the green switch next to Show In Widget in order to make it visible.
- It is possible to show this shortcut in the share sheet by tapping the green switch next to Show in Share Sheet and it will be on.
- Choose a share sheet type from the drop-down list.
- You now have to select the types of share sheets that you do not wish for your shortcut to being displayed, as they will be displayed by default in any of them.
- Click on the Details tab.
- Click the Done button.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
1. Do you know what iPhone shortcuts are?
The ability to use shortcuts is a great way to accomplish one or more tasks faster and easier with your applications. If you want to set up your own custom shortcuts with the Shortcuts app, you can set them up with as many steps as you want. You might want to consider creating a “Surf Time” shortcut that gives you a surf report, estimates how long you will have to wait until you can reach the beach, and navigates your surf music playlist.
2. What is the best way to delete a shortcut that will not be deleted?
To start with, I would suggest you try to delete the shortcut by pressing the delete key on your keyboard after you click the shortcut on the desktop that you wish to remove. You can try this to see if it can be deleted. You are also able to delete these desktop shortcuts in a safe mode if this is a method that works for you.
3. Is there a way to get rid of the shortcuts on my iPhone?
- If you have an iPhone or iPad, open Shortcuts.
- Select Edit from the top left of the app’s screen.
- By tapping the shortcut or shortcuts that you want to delete, you will be able to delete them. You will see a blue checkmark next to the shortcut or shortcuts you want to delete.
- You can trash the app by tapping the trash can icon.
- Select the Delete Shortcut option.
4. How can I delete a shortcut to a website on the iPhone home screen?
The icon for removing Web clips (and apps that can be removed) can be found on the left side of the clip. If you click on the small X, then you will see a dialogue window that asks you to tap Delete. You are going to notice that your Web clip has disappeared and your other icons have been shuffled. It is possible to lock the icons to a specific spot by tapping the Home button and preventing them from moving.
A little summary
Hopefully, now that you know how to delete shortcuts on iPhone, you will be able to use it effectively. Please share this article with your friends and family members so they can make use of this guide and if you encounter any problem with it, feel free to share it with me in the comment section below.