The ability to place pins on a location within the Maps app on Apple iOS devices makes it easier to navigate to your desired location. It is possible to share your location with friends and family or to save locations for use in custom maps and directions.
You will learn “How To Drop A Pin On iPhone?” So, that you will never get lost again.
How To Drop A Pin On iPhone?
Apple Maps allows you to pin a location on your iPhone by using the following steps:
- Maps can be opened directly from the iPhone’s home screen. With a blue pin edit your current location on the screen, you are automatically taken to your current location.
- You can drop a pin wherever you want by tapping and holding the location.
- It may be necessary to zoom in on the map to set a precise location if nothing appears on the screen.
- When Edit Location is selected, the selected location’s satellite image will appear.
- To set the correct location of the pin, you can drag the image around, or click Done if you are satisfied with where the pin is placed.
- Go to your iPhone and open the Maps app. You should see a blue pin indicating your location. If you don’t see it, there’s nothing to worry about since a pin can be dropped anywhere and at any time.
- Go to Apple Maps and navigate to the approximate location of where you want to drop a pin. Feel free to swipe across the screen with a single finger to move around. You can also zoom in or out by pinching the screen on your device. Simply tap and hold the area you wish to zoom in or out.
- After a few moments, a red-colored pin will appear on the screen. In addition, you will also notice that a new set of options will appear at the bottom of your screen at the same time. Select “Edit Location” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will now be able to see a satellite image of the location that you have selected. Please feel free to move the pin around and reposition it as desired. Dropping a pin in Apple Maps can be quite precise (you can be quite precise when dropping a pin.)
- Once you have decided on where you want to go, tap on “Done.” At this point, you will be transferred back to the main screen of Apple Maps.
- I think that is all you need to know! The process of dropping a pin in Apple Maps on the iPhone was just explained to you. The following sections will provide you with additional information on how to drop a pin, as many of these actions will come in handy at some point.
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen if you want to add a dropped pin to an existing or new contact. After that, you have the option of either choosing “Create New Contact” or “Add to Existing Contact.” Pick an existing contact or create a new one, and Apple Maps will associate the location with the selected contact. It is now possible to use Siri to give you directions to your friends quickly.
- By swiping up from the bottom of the screen, you can add the location to your favorites list. After that, tap “Add to Favorites.” Your favorites are always accessible from the Maps home screen. A row of your favorite locations will appear when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen. If you tap on one, you’ll get more details and routes for driving, bicycling, and walking.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Apple Maps Pin?
Sliding your finger upwards will inform additional options from the Marked Location pane.
- The fastest route to the location can be found by selecting Directions. In this case, the iPhone determines whether you can walk to the location or if driving instructions or public transportation instructions are needed.
- Choose to Create New Contact or Add to Existing Contact on your iPhone contacts list to send the location to a new or existing contact.
How to save pins to Apple Maps favorites?
By adding a place to your Favorites, you can save a pinned location for future use in the Maps app. This makes finding it easier.
- Choose the pin from the Maps app.
- Go to the Marked Locations pane and swipe up.
- Add to favorites by clicking Add to Favorites. Your nearest address or landmark will appear as the location’s name.
How to View Favorite Locations on iPhone Maps?
You can see the locations you have marked as favorites here:
- At the bottom of the Apple Maps screen, swipe up on the search bar.
- Click on the See All button next to Favorites.
- Display a location on the map by selecting it. You can edit the location’s name by selecting the Info icon.
How to Share Pins?
With dropping, you can share your location and dropped pins with your friends. Choosing your favorites will open a Share option.
- You can select a favorite location by tapping a pin or selecting a pin.
- In the Marked Location pane, swipe up to reveal the Marked Locations list.
- You will be prompted to select Share.
- The message that contains the location and directions details can be sent via iMessage or SMS text message by selecting Message.
You might also like: