You can send MMS messages to other mobile phones that contain photos or other media files. MMS messages can be sent and received instantly.
What Is The Difference Between iMessage and SMS/MMS?
The message bubbles in your inbox are often blue or green. Find out why.
Messages can be sent by using the Messages app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The messages will be sent via iMessage or SMS/MMS. Read on to find out more about the various types of messages.
Sending iMessages is the process of sending texts, photos, or videos from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac to another device via Wi-Fi or mobile data. Each iMessage is encrypted and appears as a blue bubble. iMessage can be turned on and off through Settings > Messages.
Use SMS/MMS instead of iMessage if you don’t have iMessage. You can send these messages to other mobile phones, iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches. On your device, SMS and MMS messages will appear in green text bubbles and will not be encrypted.
A text messaging plan is required to use SMS/MMS on iPhone. Check with your wireless provider for details. Additionally, you can set up your other Apple devices to send and receive messages.
How to Enable MMS on iPhone 11?
Apple holds a leading position among manufacturers of modern technology. The company deserves praise and respect for its laptops, tablets, and smartphones. With the iOS operating system, which runs the iPhone, users have a convenient, accessible, and simple interface that is easy to use. Taking the newfangled gadget in your hands for the first time, you may become confused with all the options. Is there a way to enable MMS on iPhone 11 and configure it properly? Let’s understand it in detail!
If you own an Apple iPhone 11 you can configure a simple and efficient function for sending SMS messages. The only difference is that it uses a different name than the traditional phones. The method of setting is also different. Based on the model (X 8, 7 6s, 5s,) the parameters could vary.
Modern smartphones are able to use the settings offered by the operator automatically. If you own more than two SIM cards ( how to put them into sim cards for iPhone 11) Then the settings must be created for each one separately, by hand.
If you send a multimedia text message to a phone number that does not support this type of technology or isn’t enabled in the phone’s settings, the recipient will only be able to view the text of the message as well as an embedded hyperlink. If you click on the URL it will be able to see the part that is not accessible in the MMS.
How do you enable MMS for iPhone 11?
You’ll need to enable MMS in the settings of your smartphone. To enable that, please follow these steps:
- Select the Settings app. There, you will need to choose “Messages.”
- You can turn on the parameter “MMS messages”, which is located inside the block that bears the MMS/SMS name.
- The smartphone is able to automatically download all required parameters from your cell service provider. This means that you won’t need to fill in manually the MMS parameters’ fields.
- You will need to input the information supplied by the company whose services you utilize. These settings are available on the official website for the business. The device typically detects the user automatically and “pulls up” in the settings the required fields to support MMS along with the Internet.
If MMS is not sent with the parameters set automatically, try typing them in yourself.
3 Method To Send MMS Through iPhone 11
If you’ve been able to allow MMS in the Apple iPhone 11, try sending a message. Be aware that when sending messages, you should select files that do not exceed 300KB (such weight is recommended for the bulk of mobile service providers). This rule is applicable to images (two or three photos) and videos (a movie that lasts between 20 and 45 seconds).
There are a variety of ways to accomplish this We’ll go over each of them thoroughly.
Method # 1
- Navigate to your “Messages” folder on your product’s desktop.
- Click the icon to open the paper sheet and pencil or pen.
- Choose the recipient from the menu for message creation and then click on the icon that displays the camera.
- Select the desired file from the Media Library section.
- Select “Capture photo or video” in case you’d like for something to be saved in real-time.
- Create a caption, should it be it is necessary.
- Tap on “Send.”
MMS messaging using an Apple iPhone 11 is done according to the following steps:
- Visit the Messages application, which will show the listing of all the incoming and outgoing SMS, as well in multimedia MMS.
- In the top-right corner is a button that has the pencil and note icon that you can click.
- You must complete a form in order to make an email. The “To” field enters the cell phone number, Apple ID, or name of a person whose letter will be sent. If the contact has been stored on your device, you can quickly select it by pressing the blue plus sign on the same area.
- In the SMS/MMS entry area, you will find buttons to attach multimedia objects like videos, images, or pictures (static images or GIFs). Include the files you require.
- Once the message has been completed and is ready to go, it’s important to forward it to the intended recipient via pressing “.
This guideline is also applicable to Apple iPhone 11 version and later versions. The same procedure is followed in the following manner:
- You can access the traditional “Messages” application.
- You now need to write an entirely new letter using the push button using the pen and an article of paper.
- Select the recipient you would like to be the recipient of the future MMS to go out to by filling in the form on the top.
- Download an app via the iPhone media library, then add text and hit the message transmit button, which appears to be an arrow inside circles.
It is not so common to use this method. In this case, the message is sent during the process of making a picture. Thus:
- You should take a picture;
- To view your photo, click on it;
You can see an arrow at the bottom when you expand it to full screen. The image can be immediately sent to another recipient by clicking that arrow.
Method # 3
MMS can be sent from the gallery directly in this case. You must be in the “Photos” folder and select a video or picture to send (check the files). Then click the icon at the bottom and choose “Message”. In the final step, add the text, the addressee, and then send it.
Some operators limit the size of the files they will send to 1 MB, which is interesting. Often at the first attempt to send a picture of size greater than 1-2 megabytes is not possible, we advise to try again.
Changing the settings sometimes requires a restart of the device.
Problems That May Occur In Sending MMS Through iPhone 11:
It is first necessary to “set aside” the problems generally associated with sending multimedia to an Apple iPhone 11. Our focus is on:
- There are still some tariffs at which MMS cannot be sent. These include highly specialized and corporate tariffs. Please contact the operator’s technical support if you have any questions.
- You need an Internet connection to transfer pictures and music. In addition, Wi-Fi is not suitable – you need a mobile network. If you see an “E” next to the Wi-Fi icon, click it. Depending on the cellular network signal of your iPhone, sending an SMS will take a long time. The message may not be sent at all.
- SIM card defect. In this case, we’re referring to SIM cards that have been “cut off”. Cutting often results in a part of the chip being removed. MMS will not always work, but calls, messages, and the Internet are not affected – everything works “as it should.”
Instead of the name of the operator, use “Carrier.”. This message may suggest that the cellular network settings are incorrect.
How to exclude and check all these things at the same time?
Just put another SIM card in your iPhone and try to send a multimedia message.
How Can I Set Up MMS Automatically On My Apple iPhone 11?
You can ask for Apple iPhone 11 MMS settings in one of two ways:
- Find out if you can adjust MMS by yourself by calling the operator’s hotline number. An employee at a Call Center is most likely to suggest that the user get SMS settings instead of a consultation.
- Make sure you ask the employees at the operator’s office to set up your Apple iPhone 11 in person. The services of the operator’s options (including MMS settings) are provided free of charge. If they start asking for money, ask them to provide you with a price list of paid services – this list definitely doesn’t include multimedia messaging service settings.
How to Enable MMS On Your iPhone To Send Multimedia Messages Without Using iMessage?
The multimedia messaging service – MMS – on your iPhone allows you to send pictures, videos, songs, and other kinds of media to people who don’t have iMessage.
You might want to make sure it’s on, especially if you’re having trouble sending media.
The SMS protocol dates back to the days when you couldn’t send pictures and had a word count limit. MMS does not have word limits or media restrictions and is a newer text protocol.
Sending messages with Apple’s iMessage is the newest evolution that uses Wi-Fi or cellular data.
If you have a limited data plan or low internet speed, for instance, or if you’d rather send text messages the old-fashioned way, you might not want to use iMessage on your iPhone.
If this is the case, you’ll need to disable iMessage and switch to MMS or SMS. Make sure MMS is enabled on your iPhone by following these steps.
How to Enable MMS On Any iPhone Model?
Normally, this is turned on by default, but if, for instance, you are having trouble sending media, make sure MMS is enabled.
- Open Settings.
- To access messages, tap on Messages (it should be towards the bottom of the column that begins with “Passwords & Accounts”).
- When the toggle is turned green, scroll down to the column with the header “SMS/MMS” and tap on “MMS Messaging” if necessary.
The toggle switch for MMS Messaging should be turned green. Brian Ariano/Business Insider.
How To Turn off iMessage to Send Only MMS and SMS?
Again, this will reduce your data usage and requirements, although cellular text will increase.
- Click on Settings.
- On the column that begins with “Passwords & Accounts”, tap on Messages (it will be halfway down).
- Switch the green toggle to gray by tapping on iMessage.
MMS Messaging should be on and iMessage should be off.
You can turn off MMS as well if for some reason you want to restrict what you can text so that you are left with SMS. If you turn off iMessage, then you can turn off MMS as well.