Resetting an electronic device to its original state is accomplished through a software process known as a factory reset, also known as a hard reset or master reset. You can set the device back to its original factory settings with a keyboard input button reset. Performing this operation will delete all previously stored data, settings, and applications. Devices may be reset to their original settings in order to fix an issue, but they may also be reset to fix problems with the device. Mobile phones are one example of electronic devices that can be reset.
A factory reset is similar to reformatting a hard drive in that it involves erasing all information from the device. There will be no loss of data on preinstalled applications and storage cards (such as microSD cards). The unit will be wiped clean when it is factory reset.
Resetting your device to its factory settings may fix some issues (for example, freezing), but it won’t get rid of the OS. Before selling, refurbishing, destroying, donating, or otherwise transferring ownership of a device, factory resets are usually performed in order to remove the personal data and configurations of the previous owner.
You have to wipe all of your data when selling an iPhone 8/8 Plus, so factory setting it can become a big problem. You’ll actually find it very helpful if you know how to set your iPhone back to factory default when you forget the Apple ID or password, or when your iPad/iPhone goes into DFU mode and/or continues to reboot itself. You can set iPhone 8/8 Plus to factory settings without a passcode using these three effective methods.
How To Factory Reset iPhone 8 Plus Without iTunes?
Tenorshare ReiBoot is a super simple way to factory Reset your devices. Without iTunes, you can use this tool to restore your iPhone to factory defaults. ReiBoot provides a straightforward method to reset your iPhone 8 whether you wish to reset it before selling it or to resolve iOS system issues. Follow these steps for “how to factory reset iPhone 8 Plus?” and erase everything on it. On a Windows or Mac computer, download and install the program.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and run ReiBoot. Once you’ve detected your iPhone, select “Factory Reset iPhone.”.
2. Following the welcome screen is the main menu. To download the firmware package, click “Fix Now”.
3. The latest firmware package can now be downloaded by clicking “Download”. Once it has been downloaded, it can also be imported manually.
4. You will be able to download the firmware within minutes. The operating system can be reinstalled after the process has been completed.
How To Factory Reset iPhone8 Plus via Settings?
When your iDevice functions normally, you can factory reset it without the need for a computer or passcode. For those without passcodes, keeping your device backed up via iCloud before attempting this method is essential, as is enabling Find my iPhone to allow Apple to identify your phone as belonging to you.
Reset the settings by going to Settings > General > Reset. Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
Once you have finished erasing and rebooting your iPhone, you have the option of restoring from an iCloud backup or setting it up as a new one.
How To Factory Reset iPhone 8 Plus Without Password?
Using iTunes, reset your iPhone
- Your computer needs to be connected to your phone.
- Go to the left navigation menu and select “summary”.
- Go to the “restore iPhone” section
- Wait until the process is complete before confirming your decision.
How To Factory Resetting An iPhone With buttons?
- Until you see the Apple logo, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and the Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds. After you see the Apple logo, you can release both buttons.
- When you turn on your phone, the normal startup process will take place.
- Upon returning to your home screen, you’ll be on the home screen.
How To Factory Reset a Locked iPhone?
You can restore your phone to its factory settings by holding down the sleep and wake buttons at the same time. You will see the screen “Connect to iTunes” when you complete this action. Click “Restore” to begin the process. It will perform a complete wipe of all data on your device.
Explore More Updated Tips About iPhone: