As a result of the iOS 13.5 update, some iPhone 11 owners experienced ghost touch. Several users have reported that when the screen is unlocked, it will move on its own as if someone were touching it. Several owners have also complained about the ghost touch randomly launching apps, which is apparently annoying for some people.
This problem is usually not a serious one, as long as the device doesn’t have any indications that it has been physically or liquid damaged. It is, therefore, safe to assume that it began shortly after the iOS 13.5 update, in which case continue reading, as this post may be of assistance. Here you can see the complete details about “How To Fix Ghost Touch On iPhone 11?”
How To Fix Ghost Touch On iPhone 11?
The first thing you should do is make sure that your screen is clean. You can use a dry tissue to wipe off any remaining smudges, just to make sure there is nothing left behind. You can try that first if it doesn’t help you, but if it doesn’t, you can try these tips:
1. Force Restart Your Device
Your device’s memory will be refreshed, and all services will be reloaded. You will then be able to use the iPhone normally. Follow these steps to do so:
- If you press and release the volume up button quickly, then press and release the volume down button as well.
- The next time you press the volume down button, hold the side key for a good 10 seconds after releasing it. When you release the side key, the iPhone will automatically power off and then start up again.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the side key and wait for the device to finish rebooting until the Apple logo appears again.
Determine if ghost touches continue to occur after this time.
2. Reset all the settings on your iPhone
The next thing you have to do if the forced restart didn’t fix the problem is to reset all the settings. The reason for this is to rule out the possibility that your device has some settings that are not properly configured. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Tap the Settings icon on the Home screen.
- Select General from the drop-down menu.
- From the top of the screen, scroll to the bottom, and then tap on the Reset button.
- Click on Reset All Settings and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enter the security code if prompted to do so.
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a button that says Reset All Settings. You’ll be prompted to tap it again to confirm.
After this, your iPhone will reboot. Once the phone has rebooted, try to see if the problem has been resolved.
For the most part, these are the only two procedures you need to follow in order to get rid of the ghost touches.
Some frequently asked questions, How To Fix Ghost Touch On iPhone 11?
1. What’s Ghost Touch? How Does it Affect your iPhone?
Ghost Touch is one of the many unexpected side effects of the iOS update that we had not been expecting. The iOS 15/14 update caused many users to experience this annoying bug in which the screen started responding automatically after a certain period of time. With the passing of time, it becomes more and more annoying as it happens more frequently. Some users are reporting that they aren’t even able to unlock their phones properly and that they end up changing their phones’ screens completely as a result.
It is possible that one of the causes of the issue is that either the pins of the connectors are not seated properly, causing the phone to act irrationally, but all these and other causes we will discuss in the next section.
2. What causes Ghost Touch on iPhone? Can Ghost Touch be fixed?
One of the most common reasons for ghost touch is that the components of the screen are not properly seated on the table. In this case, the motherboard of your phone will receive confusing signals, causing your phone to act up in a crazy manner. It has been confirmed by Apple’s official source that the defect is due to the assembly of the screen although we have seen an increase in the frequency of ghost touch cases after the iOS 13 update, which clearly indicates that there is something wrong with the software as well.
It has also been found in many cases that the screen protector has been improperly installed, which is another cause. It is possible for some debris and dust particles to stick to your screen under the protector when you get a new screen installed without thoroughly cleaning up the dust. This can in turn end up causing you to experience ghost touches.
3. How much does Apple charge for fixing Ghost Touch?
THIS IS AN iPhone X SPECIAL SERVICE.
There is good news for iPhone X users. According to Apple’s official support page, the iPhone X screen problem has been resolved. Furthermore, they are offering free screen repairs to all iPhone X users experiencing ghosting, but this service is not available to owners of other iPhone models.
4. How to fix your iPhone if it does things on its own?
You might find these quick fixes helpful if you recently started experiencing this problem. In most cases, if there is no deep cause for the problem, you can easily fix a ghost touch on an iPhone X/8/7/6 by trying all the solutions.
- How to Clean the Screen of Your Phone?
In the event that you are experiencing this problem without having changed your screen protector, this could simply be due to some dust or debris on your screen. A microfiber cloth and screen cleaner are all you need to clean your computer screen. You should be able to fix the iPhone screen moving on its own problem with that, especially after water damage to the iPhone.
- Screen Protector/Phone Case must be removed
In some cases, the screen protector may be entrapped with dust particles, which can cause the problem. When this happens, your phone screen may behave erratically. Simply remove the existing screen protector to fix the issue. If the issue persists, you should clean your iPhone screen thoroughly before re-installing the screen protector.
There is also the possibility that the phone case you are using is very tight. The use of such a case with an iPhone is not recommended, however, if you do have one, or even if you do not have one, try removing it first and then using your iPhone.
- Apps running in the background should be closed
Due to multiple apps running in the background, your iPhone can sometimes act up. As a result, the RAM can become overburdened, which can cause problems such as ghost touch. To avoid this, you should close all background running apps first.
- Restart your iPhone
Restarting the iPhone may help remove the iPhone ghost touch problem if this issue is caused by a small software glitch. To find out if the problem persists, reboot your iPhone normally and use it.
If none of the above methods have helped and you are still having trouble, you may need to try some of the deeper methods listed in the following section.
5. How to fix iPhone ghost touches without losing data?
Ultron iOS System Repair is the best way to fix iPhone Ghost Touch problems, among 150+ others. It can be very useful in removing bugs and glitches from your phone in a few simple steps without any data loss. The following is a list of some of the most prominent features that UltFone iOS System Repair has to offer:
- The iPhone/iPad/iPod can be entered and exited in one click.
- Without affecting your data, fix 150+ iOS system issues like reboot loops and black screens.
- Without a password/iTunes/Finder, you can reset an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Remove the passcode from a disabled iPhone/iPad.
- Without iTunes, downgrade from iOS 15 beta.
- The latest iPhone 12 series is supported, as well as all iOS versions.
6. How to use UltFone iPhone System Repair?
- Open UltFone iOS System Repair on your PC after connecting your phone with a lightning cable.
- Start the program by clicking on the Start button.
- You can now select the Standard Repair option.
- Once the download is complete, the software will show you an option to download the firmware for your iPhone. At the bottom of the screen, you can click on Import local firmware if you have already downloaded the firmware.
- When you have finished downloading the program, click on the Start Standard Repair button and the program will begin to repair your device’s ghost touch problem.
- There you have it. That’s it for now. All you have to do is click on Done after and you’re done.
You can use it to fix not only your iPhone screen automatic response problem but also 150+ other problems that you could encounter on your iOS device. For that reason, UltFone iOS System Repair is highly recommended. Software that solves all your iOS problems all in one place is a must-have.
You may need to replace the screen if none of the above methods work. Customer support at Apple is highly recommended if your screen needs to be replaced.
So, that’s how to fix the ghost touch problem on your iPhone 11. With UltFone iOS System Repair, you can easily resolve this issue by yourself with a few simple clicks. Not only will you save a lot of money, but you will also be protected from data theft.
Feel free to comment below if you still have any questions. Peace and safety until then.