There are two ways to forward a message on your iPhone.
Screenshots aren’t always enough. In the Messages app on iPhone, there are two ways to send the same message to multiple recipients without creating a group chat.
The forwarding feature can be accessed by pressing and holding the message you wish to forward. By doing the same, you can also activate the copy and paste feature.
This article explains how to forward a text on iPhone and furthermore how to forward a message on iPhone using copy and paste.
What Is Text Forwarding?
You can forward a text message from your phone to another number by using text forwarding. You’re just sending a text from your iPhone to someone else for them to see. It’s exactly like forwarded emails: you’re just sending the text from your iPhone to the other person.
Even though it sounds complicated, forwarding texts is quite easy.
Taking a screenshot or copying and pasting a text message might be your only experience with text forwarding before. It’s faster and easier to forward a text straight from your iPhone’s Messages app to a friend this way.
How to Forward a Text on iPhone?
To forward a text message on an iPhone, you must use the Messages app, which is included with iPhones and iPads. Here’s are these steps.
- Press the Messages button.
- Choose the conversation in which the message you wish to forward is included.
- You can forward a message by tapping and holding it until a menu pops up. In addition to Copy and More, the menu above the text message provides reaction options.
- Click “More”.
- The messages you selected are marked with checkmarks. Your forwarding is complete. Alternatively, you can forward messages from other empty circles if you choose
- Click on Share (the curved arrow). The original message or messages are displayed in a new window with the copied text.
- In the To field, type the name or phone number of the person you would like to forward the message to. You can forward the message to more than one recipient.
Note: You can search for the recipient you want to forward the message to by tapping the + icon to the right of the To field.
- Click the Send button.
- Messages can be forwarded without restriction. Photos and videos can also be forwarded. See the steps above.
Note: You can fix the problem of not being able to send text messages from an iPhone by reading this article. Text messages can also be forwarded on Android phones.
How to Copy and Paste a Message on your iPhone?
- Messages can be accessed from your iPhone’s home screen.
- You want to paste a message. Find and copy it.
- You will see a black pop-up menu when you hold the message.
- Your iPhone will now copy the message to the clipboard after you click on “Copy.”.
- The copied text message can be sent to a new message thread by selecting a contact.
- By double-tapping the text box, you can access the thread’s text.
- Click “Paste.”
- Click the send button.
As the copied message stays on your clipboard until something else is copied, you can copy it multiple times without having to go back to the original message. Additionally, messages can also be copied from the Messages app and pasted into other programs that allow text input, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Whatsapp.
Copying messages from your iPhone and pasting them on your iPad is possible when your iPhone and iPad are linked.
How to Forward older text messages?
Here’s are the steps.
- By holding the message bubble that you would like to forward, you can select More.
- If you want to forward any other text messages, select them.
- Enter a recipient by tapping Forward.
- Click Send.
Some Frequently Asked Questions By User
1. Is it possible to forward text messages to another cell phone?
Google Voice is the app used for Android message forwarding. You can select from a menu in the app. Click Settings then select Messages. It is easy to forward messages to another business phone number when one business phone user is on vacation or unavailable.
2. What is the process for forwarding a text on iPhone 8?
- If you want to forward a message thread, open the “Messaging” app.
- For about two seconds, hold down the message bubble.
- By checking the circle next to the other messages you wish to forward, you can select them.
- In the “To:” field, enter the name or phone number of your contact.
3. On an iPhone, how can you forward a text message to an email address?
Here’s how to forward a text to email on an iPhone.
- Open your messages.
- Locate the text to be forwarded.
- Hold down the text and choose More.
- Click on the forward icon.
- Please enter your email address, then tap Send.
4. Is there an iPhone app that forwards text messages?
There is currently no app (including those from third parties) available for iPhones that can automatically forward text messages to another phone or to an email address. You can choose which devices can send and receive texts on your iPhone by going to Settings > Messages and then Text Message Forwarding.
5. Can text messages be forwarded on iPhone 7?
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app.
- The second step is to select Messages from the drop-down menu.
- To forward a text message, tap the Forward button.
- On your device of choice, tap the button to the right of the one where you want to receive and send text messages.
6. Can you send a text message on an iPhone instead of using iMessage?
Messages can be sent as texts manually
- Navigate to Settings > Messages.
- Switch off Send as SMS.
- You won’t be able to send individual messages when iMessage is unavailable. Press and hold the messages until a menu appears.
- Text message will be sent as soon as you click Send.