In order to operate the mobile device and its apps, Siri uses natural language voice commands originating from a user’s iPhone 4S and subsequent models as well as newer iPad and iPod Touch models.
Sending messages, placing calls, setting reminders, operating iTunes, and more can be accomplished by speaking commands to Siri, who will confirm your actions. In order to accomplish its tasks, Siri can use multiple apps on iPhones and iPads simultaneously.
In addition, Siri supports extended dictation, so users can speak their words and have them translated into text that can be used in e-mail and text messages, Facebook statuses, tweets, note-taking, and web searches.
As part of Apple’s Siri Eyes Free and CarPlay technologies, Siri is also an important component of controlling car audio systems and documentry systems through voice commands.
macOS Sierra is the first version of macOS to include Siri.
A number of Siri improvements were made in iOS 11, including new voices and personalities, deep learning-based text-to-speech, the ability to translate languages, and personalized recommendations. Your iPhone 12 can easily be activated with Siri if you follow these instructions carefully.
In this article, there is a step-by-step guide about” how to get Siri on iPhone 12?
How To Get Siri On iPhone 12?
Ensure that Siri is enabled on your iPhone 12 before you can take advantage of the new Siri features in iOS 14.
1. Go to the Settings page.
2. Go to Siri & Search.
3. The three options listed below should be enabled on your computer Siri & Search page.
- Listen for “Hey Siri”: Say this to activate the assistant and begin interacting with it.
- Using the right-side button, one can wake Siri by long-pressing the button for an extended period of time.
- You can use Siri without unlocking your phone if you allow Siri to work when locked.
How To Use Siri On iPhone 12?
The iPhone 12 has Siri enabled by default, and you can access it by saying “Hey Siri” or by long-pressing the right-side button.
The Siri update in iOS 14. limits Siri to taking up just half the screen area. Rather than seeing a black rectangle, a colorful icon is displayed at the bottom of the screen to indicate that it is listening. Respondents’ responses will then appear as widgets and banners on a portion of your smartphone’s display, but will not take over your whole screen.
How To Set Up Siri On The Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max?
A set of web services are accessed through Siri’s voice control and a natural-language interface, enabling it to answer questions, make recommendations, and perform actions as needed. Because it makes our lives easier and more enjoyable, it is worth keeping on our Apple devices. Let us explain how to enable Siri today, you can activate her by simply saying “Hey Siri” or by pressing the Home button. The following easy-to-follow instructions will have you set up Siri in no time!
1. Go to Settings first.
2. Next, click on Siri & Search.
3. Activating Siri and selecting a method for making it available is now available.
4. Your activating method, or both of them, maybe selected and confirmed by the Enable button.
5. Furthermore, you can also adjust some settings there, including Language, voice feedback, making Siri available on locked devices, or enabling her.
What To Do If “Hey Siri ” Won’t Work On iPhone 12?
1. Enable Hey Siri
I believe the solution is as simple as that! You may not even know that Siri is turned off.
Use these steps to reactivate it.
- Click on Settings.
- Use Siri to find out what you’re looking for.
As soon as you receive your installation, ensure that you enable these options Siri & Search:
- You can hear “Hey Siri”.
- Siri can be accessed by pressing the side button.
- When locked, Siri can be accessed.
Are there no Siri & Search options in the settings? Could be your country is not supported by Siri at all. Be sure to check!
2. Update Hey Siri
You may sometimes have to calibrate Hey Siri once again if Hey Siri is having trouble recognizing your voice. Below are the steps to calibrate Hey Siri once again.
- Click on Settings.
- Use Siri to search.
- Tap “Hey Siri” to disable it, then tap it again to enable it.
- Set up Hey Siri by following the instructions on-screen.
- Finish by tapping Done.
3. Turn Off And Restart Your iPhone
A reboot simulates the action of removing the battery, thus allowing the phone’s memory to be refreshed. Siri will also reload after a reboot.
Following are the steps you need to take in order to force restart your iPhone:
- Volume Up can be activated by pressing and releasing the button.
- Volume Down should be pressed and released.
- The Apple logo appears after pressing the Side/Power button for a few seconds.
- Once your iPhone 12 has rebooted, release the power and side buttons.
This procedure should remove any minor glitches in the firmware, allowing Siri to function normally in the future.
4. Make Sure Your Internet Connection Is Working
In the case of Hey Siri, a faulty connection can prevent Hey Siri from working properly if you are asking Siri to do something that requires internet connectivity. To refresh the connection, make sure that you don’t lose the connection. What should you do if this occurs? The steps are as follows:
- Wi-Fi should be disabled and then enabled again after a few seconds.
- On your phone, open a web browser and see what you can find online. You should now be able to open Siri on your web browser as long as you have a connection. Go ahead and try it again.
- Cellular data must be disabled and then reactivated after waiting 30 seconds.
- You should be able to access the Internet using a browser (try it). After that, you should be able to get Siri working. If you can’t access the Internet, make sure you have enough credit on your prepaid account (if you have a post-paid connection), or make sure your account is in good standing (if you have a prepaid account).
If the problem persists, you can reset network settings by going to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset Network Settings. This will reset your network settings and remove any glitches in your phone’s network settings. Now Siri should be working as it should be.
6. Restart Siri
The permissions for Siri may have been accidentally disabled, preventing it from working. Usually, by restarting Siri the problem will be resolved. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Click on Settings.
- Press the General button.
- Search with Siri.
- Turn on the option to listen for “Hey Siri” by tapping on Listen for “Hey Siri”.
- Open the pop-up that appears and tap Enable Siri.
7. Make Sure The Voice Feedback Feature Works
To make sure your phone’s voice feedback feature is enabled, follow these steps:
- Click on Settings.
- Search using Siri.
- Turn on Voice Feedback.
You can change how Siri responds by visiting the voice feedback settings screen.
Explore More Updated Articles: