People in this world fall into two camps: those who love group texts and those who don’t.
In the latter camp, if you find yourself among a particularly active group of texters, with constant beeps and buzzes growing more and more annoying, you are in luck! If you have an iPhone running iOS 8 or higher, you are able to disable group texting permanently or temporarily.
The most convenient way to communicate these days is through text messaging. Making a group with all those people and sending a message is what you need if you want to tell a lot of people something at once. You’ll see how easy it is. Unfortunately, every day we receive a great deal of unwanted and annoying texts. It would have been unnecessary to add our contact to dozens of groups. The purpose of this article is to explain how to leave group text iPhone.
How to leave group text iPhone?
It’s easy to leave a conversation but not always possible, even if you’re using the Messages app on your iPhone.
There are some conditions you need to meet in order to leave a group text on iOS:
1. An iMessage conversation is required, not a standard group text message. Some group members may use Android phones or other apps instead of Messages on iOS, at which point you’ll be in a standard group message with no option to leave a group message.
2. A group text must be composed of at least four people. If you were to leave a three-person conversation, it would only be a simple text between two people instead of a group text. You cannot leave an iMessage conversation if there are three people in it.
Following these instructions will help you leave a group message on iOS:
- If you want to leave an iMessage group, open it.
- Click the group at the top and then the Information button.
- Leave this conversation by scrolling down and tapping it.
- By tapping Leave this Conversation, you will confirm your decision.
How do you Mute group Texts on an iPhone?
Despite muting a group, you are still able to view all of its messages. Following these instructions will help you mute group texts on your iPhone.
- You can mute a group text by opening it.
- Tap the group of contacts at the top of your screen.
- Under the group, tap the Information button.
- Tap Hide Alerts at the bottom to turn it On.
As soon as someone replies to a group text, you won’t receive an alert (and accompanying sound) every time he or she does so (or whenever they do so). The entire thread can be viewed by opening the group text. It reduces distractions.
How do I leave a group chat on an iPhone? Gray out this conversation
You may not see the option to leave if you use an Apple device. If all the group members have an iPhone, their text messages will appear as blue text bubbles. Text messages sent to Android users will appear green. The only way to stop receiving notifications from a group text on iPhone if it includes non-Apple users is to muffle the conversation after seeing green text bubbles, but you cannot leave it if it does not include the option to leave.
Now that you know how to leave a group message on your iPhone, or to mute it if you can’t leave, you can leave!
Some frequently asked questions by users
Below are some frequently asked questions.
1. What is the process for removing someone from a group message?
It’s easy to remove and add people within an iMessage group. Through Android devices, you will not be able to add or remove anyone from a group text.
If you want to add someone to an iMessage group, here’s how to do it:
- Click on the group
- To find out more, click the info button
- Tap Add Contact at the bottom
- Enter the contact’s name
- You can remove someone from a group message by following these steps:
- Click on the group chat icon
- Click on the group icons at the top
- Information can be found by clicking the Info button
- By swiping left, you can remove a person
- Tap to remove
2. Is there no way to leave a conversation?
You are likely in a traditional group text message, not an iMessage conversation if you do not see the Leave this Conversation button. You cannot leave a group text because iPhones can’t directly tell other iPhones they want to leave a conversation, and your wireless carrier’s text messaging plan applies.
3. Why can’t I leave a group message?
In iMessage or third-party apps like WhatsApp or Messenger, you can easily leave a group. It is not possible to leave an SMS group chat if it contains Android users. If you wish to mute the chat, you have to ask the members to create a new group text without you.
4. What Are the Steps to Create a Group Chat on iPhone?
The features of iMessage groups are far superior. Apple servers will route messages, so texts would be sent and received quickly. Participants can also reply to texts together.
You can create a group chat on an iPhone by following these steps:
- Open the Message application
- The compose button (a blue square with a pen) will appear.
- Click on the TO section
- List the names of the participants you wish to invite
Even though you may love catching up with relatives in your family group, you might find the constant texts annoying. You could remove yourself from the group if it were an iMessage group. You could also add or remove people from the group.
Among the benefits of using iMessage is that you can track when texts are read and delivered.