If you lock your iPhone with a passcode or go to Touch ID, you don’t necessarily ensure that it is safe from prying fingers or eyes. There are a wealth of features and options available on the lock screen of your phone, from text message notifications to Siri. Even after you disable the feature, anyone can tamper with it, even after you’ve locked it.
Fortunately, iOS has plenty of settings available that can assist you in locking your phone’s lock screen down. It is possible to hide sensitive notifications, block features that may put your lost phone in airplane mode, disable Siri access from the lock screen, and many other features. In this article, I will explain “How to lock the iPhone screen?” Read it below!
How To Lock iPhone Screen?
There is a way to prevent your iPhone’s touchscreen from working by locking it. You can have your iPhone blocking the iPhone from dialing phone numbers, playing music, or doing anything else while it is in your pocket, rubbing against your pants, or in your purse coming into contact with keys and other things. Objects can be blocked from being dialed through the iPhone.
If you don’t touch the screen for one minute, the iPhone, as soon as it has been locked, will auto-lock. There is no need to do anything to do this. If you are not able to wait that long, what can you do? You can lock the iPhone immediately by pressing both the Sleep and Wake buttons simultaneously. Pressing the Sleep/Wake button again will unlock the iPhone immediately. Alternatively, you may press the Home button that is found on the front of the iPhone. You will see the screen slider regardless of how you navigate it, but you will not be able to activate the iPhone until you drag the slider to the right with your finger.
The last thing you need is for iOS to switch from landscape to portrait mode if you don’t want it to. If you’ve ever used an iPad or iPhone, then you know how frustrating it can be to have the interface change when you don’t want it to. It’s not a big deal, though, since the orientation lock feature that’s built into iOS can fix the problem quickly.
It is possible to enable it in any one of the following ways – just launch the Control Center as follows:
- On an iPhone X or newer, or an iPad running iOS 12 or newer, you will need to swipe down from the top right of the screen.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen on devices running iOS 11 or earlier (iPhone 8 or earlier/iPad running iOS 11 or earlier). You’ll find Control Center on the screen (Control Center was introduced with iOS 7).
- It is going to display the Control Center as soon as it has been launched. Tap the Orientation Lock icon.
- Activating the Orientation Lock triggers a brief confirmation message, and then iOS changes the color of the Orientation Lock icon.
- By looking at your Status Bar along the top of the screen (a little way below the icon for battery level) you can always quickly check if the Orientation Lock is active. The lock feature is enabled if there is a small Orientation Lock icon located there.
- Orientation Lock can be turned off by launching Control Center, tapping on the Orientation Lock icon, and then selecting Turn Off.
How to Lock an iPhone Without a Power Button?
Method 1. Lock iPhone Screen Using Assistive Touch
Step 1. Having Assistive touch-enabled on your iPhone screen would be helpful. Then, turn it on using the steps in Turning on Assistive Touch on iPhone. Alternately, you can follow the steps listed below.
1. The iPhone’s Settings app can be opened by scrolling to Accessibility.
2. Toggle the Assistive Touch toggle to the green position under Touch > Assistive Touch.
4. When the Virtual Button appears on the iPhone screen, tap on it and find the lock icon. Tap on it to lock the iPhone without the Side/Power button. That’s it.
Method 2: Auto-lock iPhone without Using Assistive Touch
You can enable Auto-Lock as an alternative method to lock your iPhone without touching its screen or body. You can also enable Touch ID and Face ID to unlock your iPhone.
From the iPhone settings, you can enable Touch ID or Face ID, Your iPhone will Lock automatically.
1. On iPhone, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode or Touch ID & Passcode.
2. Next, enable or set up Face ID or Touch ID on your iPhone.
3. Automatically mode will be set for Auto-Lock.
4. I think that’s it.
iPhone 6 or earlier models
Toggle Assistive touch ON in Settings – General – Accessibility.
Step 2. Tap the Assistive Touch button
Step 3. Press the device button
Step 4. Choose Lock Screen from the menu. That’s all there is to it.
You might also like: