The action literally slows down in slow motion, and everything seems to move much more slowly than it really does. Slow-motion videos on an iPhone are played back at a slower frame rate, creating the illusion that videos are moving faster than they really are. Slow motion can be used to capture cool nature scenes, sports footage, and intense action footage.
iPhone camera models include slo-mo as a standard feature as of the iPhone 5S. On iPhone, you can access Slo-mo by opening the Camera app and scrolling through the menu above the shutter button. Simply tap Slo-mo to get started!
In this article, you will learn “How to make a normal video slow motion iPhone 11?” Read it below!
How To Make A Normal Video Slow Motion iPhone 11?
Method 1: Create a regular video on your iPhone
Any browser can be used to open Video Speed Changer by Cleo. You need a stable and fast internet connection to use the tool. You can upload files from your camera roll by clicking a big blue button that says “Choose file”.
- You can export it from the cloud storage by clicking on the drop-down menu on the right side of the pane.
Slow down an iPhone video
There are six very popular speed patterns to choose from, ranging from 0.25x to 2x. It is also possible to adjust the speed manually using the slider – the output may range from 0.25x to 4.00x. It is also important to remember that the final timing will be affected as well.
In the same way, the sound is also affected in the same way. It is not necessary to turn it on. There is a box to tick that says “Mute video” if you don’t need that.
You can choose the output format. The tool supports all the most common video formats, including MP4, FLV, AVI, etc. This initial one can also be kept.
When you are happy with the result, tap “Speed” and wait several seconds for the video to process.
Slow down the video and save it
Playback the clip and make sure you have what you want. Then, go back to editing; if not, hit the “Download” button and save the recording to your computer or to Google Drive/Dropbox.
Method 2: Using iMovie App create slow-motion
1. Your iPhone should open iMovie. There’s an icon with a purple-and-white star and a camera in it. It can be found on the home screen, or by searching for “iMovie” in the App Store. Otherwise, you can download it for free from the App Store.
2. To create a new project, tap the + button. You can find it at the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Tap the movie icon. This is the first option you are presented with.
4. Tap the Create Movie button and then select a video. An editing window will open in iMovie.
5. In the editor, tap the video. Tap the elongated version in the bottom half of the screen, rather than the larger version (the preview) at the top. You’ll see options and icons at the bottom.
6. To view the speedometer, tap on the icon. The icon is located at the bottom of the app. Clicking it will open the control panel.
7. Slow down the video by dragging the speed slider left. By default, the white-and-yellow slider is set to 1, which means that the video plays at a regular speed. The farther you drag the slider to the left, the slower the video plays.
- The video will look and sound different at this new speed if you tap the preview.
- The video will speed up instead if you drag the slider beyond the “1” value.
8. The project will be saved once you tap Done. The video’s new speed has now been saved to iMovie, but the finished video still needs to be saved to your iPhone.
9. Click on the Sharing icon. This is the square with an arrow pointing upwards. There will be a list of sharing options.
10. The video will be saved. A new slowed-down video will be saved to your camera roll.
Method 3: Taking a slow-motion recording
1. Take a picture with your iPhone’s Camera app. The camera icon is usually on the home screen. You can find it by swiping left on your home screen, typing the camera into the search bar, and then tapping the Camera option.
2. You can select SLO-MO by swiping left. This should be done on the tabs that run along the bottom of the screen, just above the red shutter button. If the yellow text appears right over the red button, SLO-MO is selected.
3. Record with the camera of your choice (iPhone 11 and 12 only). Tap the curved arrows at the bottom-right corner of your iPhone 11 or 12 to switch to the front (selfie) camera. Other iPhone models can record only in slow motion using the back camera.
4. Start recording by tapping the red shutter button. As you continue to record, a timer at the top of the video will display the duration.
5. Stop recording by tapping the red shutter button. Your slow-motion recording will be saved to your camera roll.
6. View your recording by tapping the thumbnail. This can be found at the bottom of the screen. You will automatically begin watching your slow-motion video.
7. Recordings can be edited (optional). You can now edit the video so that parts of it play at regular speed after you’ve recorded them in slow motion. To do so, follow these steps:
- You can edit the video by tapping Edit at the bottom.
- Speed is controlled by the second slider at the bottom. Drag the left and right sliders to select only the parts of the video you want to slow down. If you do not select any parts, the video plays normally.
- Your edits will be saved when you tap Done.
Frequently asked questions that How To Make A Normal Video Slow Motion iPhone 11?
1. What are the features of slow-motion on the iPhone?
Using your iPhone, you can create slow-motion videos by playing back the video at a reduced frame rate, giving the illusion it is moving slower than it actually is. Slow-motion footage can be used to record cool nature scenes, sports events, and intense action moments.
Efforts to bring slo-mo to iPhone models began with the iPhone 5S. Slo-mo is available on the iPhone by opening the Camera app and selecting the Slow-motion option above the shutter button. You can start filming immediately!
2. How slow is an iPhone slow-motion video?
On an iPhone, a normal viewing speed is 60 frames per second (FPS). In order to get more footage in a slow-motion video, you need to shoot it at a higher frame rate. Slowing down high-frame-rate footage produces the illusion of slow motion.
Slo-mo videos will be recorded on all iPhone models at 120 frames per second, or one-half the speed of the normal video. The iPhone 8 and newer models that use the A11 Bionic chip can record 240 FPS Slo-mo videos, which, when played back, will play at one-quarter the normal speed.
3. How to take slow-motion pictures with an iPhone?
After we’ve covered the details, let’s try some shooting techniques and tips for creating cool slow-motion videos. The more you experiment, the more you will want to do.
4. How to adjust the iPhone’s Slo-mo settings?
Before we begin, let’s check the settings on your iPhone. A particular frame rate or quality for shooting video on an iPhone will depend on the model you’re using. You’ll need a lot of storage space for the best Slo-mo videos. The most optimal setting is to use the highest quality setting. Below are the steps for changing the iPhone slow motion settings:
- The Settings app on your iPhone is where you can manage your device’s settings.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and tap Camera.
- Slow motion can be recorded by tapping the record slow-mo option.
- In order to get the best results, you should choose the highest frame rate. However, it will take up more space on your phone.
5. Does your iPhone have slow-motion capabilities?
We’re going to have a blast. Take this iPhone video for a slow-mo tutorial:
- You can launch the application by tapping the Camera button on your iPhone.
- The slow-motion mode can be selected by scrolling through the shooting modes above the shutter button. Slo-mo will only work with the rear camera of your iPhone unless you have an iPhone 11.
- If you’re ready to record, press the red Record button or one of the volume buttons on the side of the device.
- Once you tap again, the video will stop.
- The slow-motion video can be found in your photo library.
6. How can you stand out with your slow-motion video?
If you want your Slo-mo videos to stand out, you’ll need to get creative if you want to master the basics. You may have taken slow-motion photos of your kids playing in the sprinkler or your dog running through the woods, but you need to be inventive if you want to make this style of video your own. Consider these tips:
- Your camera angle needs to be changed. Ensure that the action is highlighted. For example, what is the action? The action is to take a photo as it flies in the direction of the camera. Interested in experiencing skateboarding yourself? Set your camera low to the ground to see the road from above and the wheels from below.
- In the video, pay attention to the sound. When your playback speed is slowed down, you’ll also hear the sound at a slower pace.
- Make sure you shoot in bright light. In order to record your video at a higher frame rate than normal, you must ensure that there is enough light. Dark lighting will result in an even darker video.
7. What is the best way to edit slow-motion videos?
If you’ve captured some slow-motion footage, you can adjust its appearance by changing the video’s speed, cropping, trimming, or using filters. The possibilities are endless.
8. How can I switch from Slo-mo to normal speed?
I don’t like that. Despite your friend’s stellar moves, the slow-motion video you shot turns out to be less than flattering. Slow-motion videos can be easily changed to normal-speed versions with a few swipes of the screen. Simply do the following:
- Your Photos app will then show you a list of edited Slo-mo videos.
- Two sliders will be visible at the bottom of the screen. Click on the first slider to see your video frames. You will see the transition between regular and slow motion in the second slider.
- Slide the vertical white line across the second slider to ensure that all the lines are the same width apart. The speed should return to normal.
- It is possible to make just a portion of your video regular speed either by pulling the slider to one side or to the other.
- Click Done when you are satisfied with the results.
9. Does slow-motion video need to be sped up?
For movies to be sped up to above normal speed, you will need iMovie. Apple’s App Store offers free downloads of the program. Here are the steps for speeding up slow-motion videos in iMovie:
- You should be able to access iMovie on your iPhone.
- You need to tap Continue when you see the welcome screen.
- Tap + and then tap Movie to create a new project.
- Select the slow-motion video that you want to edit at the bottom of the screen and click Create Movie.
- By tapping the video, you’ll be able to access the editing tools.
- Tap the speedometer icon to increase the speed of your video.
- There will be a turtle on one end and a rabbit on the other end of the slider. Your video will play two times as fast if you slide it all the way toward the rabbit.
- Tap the play button to see your results.
- At the top of your screen, tap the Done button.
10. What are some tips for slowing down your video?
In iMovie, you can speed up or slow down a Slo-mo animation. You can reduce the speed of your video by moving the slider toward the turtle instead of the rabbit.
11. How should slow-motion videos be trimmed, cropped, and straightened?
Slow-motion clips can be enhanced using some of the features provided by the iPhone’s Photo app. These iPhone tools allow you to easily trim, straighten, and crop videos. Check this out.
- You should tap Edit first on the slow-motion video you wish to edit.
- The timeline slider can be moved to the middle to trim the video. Starting at the top or the bottom of your video will allow you to shorten it.
- Cropping the video will straighten it. To crop, tap the crop icon. A circle with a horizontal line through it can be tapped to access the straighten feature. The slider can be moved to straighten videos.
- Tap the crop icon to crop your video and drag the border to the desired size.
- When you’re finished, tap Done.