If you have never used Apple Music before, or even if you’re just trying it out for the first time, here is how you can create a playlist and share it with your family members and friends on your iPhone.
If you’re heading to the gym, spending time at home, or searching for the perfect morning commute playlist, a good playlist can be one thing that helps you stay focused and make the time go by more quickly. If you have purchased an Apple Music subscription, then you’re free to create your own playlist and it will only take you a few minutes to do so.
Moreover, If you have just downloaded a wide range of songs onto your iPhone, you might want to start dancing to your favorite tunes right away. Your iPhone is capable of allowing you to create a playlist that you can add songs to, rearrange them, or delete at any time. If you want to do a workout playlist, a work playlist, a relaxing playlist, and so on, you may create them according to the needs of each situation.
In iTunes and the Apple Music app, you have a nice collection of music and other content, but you do not always want to listen to a whole album. At times, you just need to hear the song you like the most. Playlists are just what you need at those times. If you would like to create a playlist with your iPhone or iPad, you could try iTunes or Apple’s Music app and sync the playlist with your device. Alternatively, you could create a playlist on the device directly. In this article, we show you how to make a playlist on iPhone.
What do you know about the Playlist?
A playlist is an arrangement of music containing tracks from a multitude of artists, albums, and genres. It would be very useful if you wanted to play specific songs or individual tracks at a particular event. When you are preparing for your summer holidays, you should prepare a playlist of the songs you want to play during those parties and you can prepare a playlist based on your party attendance schedule. If you are going to a birthday party, you should put together a playlist for the songs you want to play.
As long as your iPhone has a music library, you can create any kind of playlist based on it. So, you can create playlists, regardless of whether you are using iTunes or not, and they can be created on the go as well. If you already added specific tracks to a playlist, then you will not have to touch your iPhone while changing your track as you would be on a certain playlist. Playlists come in particularly useful for people who have a large library of songs in their music collection and wish to play a particular song from it.
The steps below will guide you through the creation and modification of a playlist on your iPhone.
How to make a playlist on iPhone?
To create a playlist on an iPhone or iPod Touch, follow these steps:
- Open the Music app by clicking on it.
- Click on the “Library” button.
- Playlists will appear once you tap on them.
- Choose “New Playlist” from the list.
- Select Playlist Name in the Playlist drop-down menu.
- On the Playlist tab, you can enter details about the playlist.
- Take or choose a photo to add to the playlist by tapping the camera icon. You will be prompted to do so.
Note: In the absence of a photo or a link to one, the Music app generates a collage to incorporate into the playlist based on the album covers of the music that you include.
- If you would like to add music to the playlist, you can tap Add Music.
- It is possible to find music by performing a music search. The whole Apple Music catalog is available to you if you are subscribed to Apple Music. Also, you can either browse through your library or choose an artist, an album, a song, a compilation, or download music.
- It is easy to add a song to your playlist by tapping it to put a checkmark next to it once you have found it.
- You can now save your playlist by tapping Done once all the songs you want are selected.
How do I Edit a Playlist on iPhone?
If you would like to add songs to your playlist in the future, here are the steps
- From the Home screen, click on the “Music” app.
- If you have created a playlist, you can edit it from “Library” > “Playlists”.
- In the top-left corner of the screen, choose the “Edit” option to continue.
- If you want to remove a song, you can click on the (-) next to it. You can also add songs to your playlist by selecting the (+) in the top right corner of your screen.
- You can edit a playlist by selecting it.
- If you wish to add music tracks to the playlist, you can navigate by selecting “Songs”, “Artists”, or “Albums”.
- You can add any song to the playlist by clicking the (+) next to it. After all the songs have been added, you should select “Done” once you have completed the process.
How to delete a playlist on iPhone?
By following these simple steps, you can delete any playlist you have created if you decide that you no longer want to use it.
- Go to the Music app. On the Library tab, tap Playlists to access the playlist that you wish to delete.
- The second step is to tap on the three-point icon (three dots) to open more.
- You will be able to delete the files from your library by clicking on Delete.
- Tap on the Delete Playlist button to confirm that you wish to delete the playlist.
Songs can be added to playlists
The following 2 methods can be used to add songs to an existing playlist:
- You can get started by going to any playlist, clicking Edit, then selecting Add Music, and then selecting any of the sections from within your library. The easiest way to add songs to your playlist is to click on the song title and place a checkmark next to it. You can finish adding songs by tapping Done at the end.
- Playing a song on your device that you wish to add as a playlist is as simple as displaying it in full-screen mode, tapping the menu button (the … icon), selecting Add to Playlist, then selecting the playlist you want to add.
Creating a Smart Playlist is easy
As opposed to a traditional playlist, which needs to be created by hand and then managed, a smart playlist can be generated by adding music to your library and updating automatically. If you do want to create one of these playlists, you can do so by going to File > New > Smart Playlist, then deciding what rules the playlist will use.
Make sure that the playlist content is set to Music, then set the rules of the playlist using the drop-down menus. You can choose from a wide range of options under the first menu item, such as Artist, Album, Composer, Genre, and Year. By choosing the second dropdown menu, you will be able to specify different criteria, such as “including” or “excluding.”
It is also possible to use the open field to type the name of the artist, album, genre, or another item that corresponds with what you selected in the menu on the left. If it doesn’t accurately predict what you want, it will suggest one automatically. Selecting the right name is the only thing you have to do. Once you have chosen the right name, select the + sign next to it. Choose an Artist, Album, Genre, or Year to sort the results. Once you choose the criteria, you will need to enter further information to complete the rule.
If you are done with the installation, check the option “Live updating” and then click on “Ok”. If you don’t specify a limit to the number of items in the playlist or their length, your playlist automatically expands as new songs that match your standards are added.
Bonus Tip: Creating a playlist in Apple Music on Mac
- Activate Apple Music by clicking on the icon
- You can add a song to a playlist by selecting a song
- Press the “…” button to get started
- Click on the Add to Playlist button
- You can create a new playlist by clicking on the New Playlist button
- Choose a name for your playlist
- Find another song by browsing or searching
- Press the “…” button
- Adding a playlist is as simple as clicking Add
- You will now be able to choose the playlist you just created
Just keep adding your perfect tunes to your playlist and you will see it grow. A playlist does not have a practical limit as to how many songs you are able to add, and you are able to make playlists as long as you are subscribed to Apple Music.
Part of the fun of creating a playlist is sharing it with others, and this is part of what makes it so special. As a member of Apple Music, you have the ability to share your playlists with friends if you have an active subscription.
How do I share a playlist on an iPhone?
- Launch Apple Music from the App Store
- Please select the playlist that you would like to share
- Click on the “…” button
- Click here to share
How do I share a playlist on Mac?
- Activate Apple Music by clicking on the icon
- Playlists can be shared by selecting them
- Click on “…”
- Please click the share button
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
1. What is the best way to make a playlist on my iPhone without using iTunes?
In order to create the playlist, follow these steps:
- On the left-hand side, click + Create Playlist in order to create a new playlist. …
- By clicking the playlist, you can change its name by entering the new title and then clicking Save.
- Click on the left side panel and choose Local Files from the list of songs to open your local songs.
- On your iPhone, drag the songs you would like to add to this playlist.
2. Do you know how to create a free playlist?
When you have an account open, go to the Library tab and tap Create playlist (I am using the iOS app; it should be the same for Android users). Put the name of your playlist into the pop-up window and click on the Create button.
3. Is it possible to make a playlist without Apple Music?
The songs will need to be purchased in the iTunes Store if a user does not wish to purchase an Apple Music membership. They can then create their own playlist on their local device and listen to the songs.
4. Is there a difference between an Apple playlist and an Apple library?
There is nothing special about playlists other than they are just lists. It is the same process across a lot of different platforms, not just with iTunes. Let us say you have created a library of recordings that you want to add to and then play them. Afterward, you would be able to combine some of them to create a playlist: you could choose the ones you liked, change the order, and then listen to your chosen songs while playing the playlist.
5. Is it possible for someone who does not have Apple Music to see my playlist?
The playlists can be shared with non-subscribers. However, only the songs that they own will be able to be played in the playlists that are shared.
Finally, we conclude
Now that you know how to make a playlist on iPhone, I hope you understand how to do that. So please share this article with your friends and family members and if you need any help with this guide, please feel free to leave a comment in the section below and I will be happy to assist you.