It has always been the company’s policy to have closed software ecosystems and to use what they consider to be as many third-party services as possible. iOS 14 & 14.5, on the other hand, introduced a feature in which users can customize their default browser, email client, and music app. What about other crucial daily services? Is Google Maps possible to become the iPhone’s default map service?
The default navigation app on your iPhone won’t be Google maps if you upgrade to iOS 14. Do you want to know why? Keep reading and find out. Whenever I click addresses from iCalendar, Apple Maps continues to be the default application when I click addresses from iCalendar. As of the time of this writing, I have upgraded to iOS 14 and it appears that this is still the case.
Can a third-party application such as Google Maps be automatically launched when you click an address link from another app? There is a problem with iPhone users being unable to set Google Maps as their default search engine. It remains that Apple Maps has a lot of bugs despite all the improvements it has made. Most Apple users are more comfortable using Google Maps. First-time users of Apple maps might find it disconcerting and dissatisfying.
The most popular map app in the U.S. is Google Maps, but Apple Maps is the default app for iPhone users. So we’ll show you how to make google maps default on iPhone in this Guide.
How Can I Change My iPhone’s Default Map?
The iPhone does not come with a map app by default. The iPhone does not support changing the display settings for any map app, including Google Maps, however, you can change the settings for other default applications, such as the browser.
How to Make Google Maps Default on iPhone?
Due to this, there is currently no ability on iOS 14 to make the Google Maps app the default map app without having to jailbreak your iPhone. This is not a good idea and is against Apple’s terms and conditions. There is a possibility of emulating the use of other Google applications (such as Chrome, Drive, or Calendar) if you do not already use them as your default apps.
In order to make your life as easy as possible, it’s important to take the time to know that Google Maps was designed to work with all of their apps, so using it as your standard map app gives you a great deal of flexibility. The web browser you should use is Chrome, and the email client you should use is Gmail, as those are the two most relevant programs you need to use.
How to use Google Maps by setting Google Chrome as your default web browser?
You can see the address of any location by tapping on it in Chrome and opening it in Google Maps.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- In your list of apps, scroll down to Chrome and tap on it.
Note: If you do not yet have Chrome for your iPhone, you can download it here.
- Click on the Default Browser App.
- Click on the Chrome icon.
- The location of an address can be found by tapping on it and choosing Google Maps or Apple Maps.
How do I set up Gmail as the default email app so that Google Maps can be used?
In order for you to be able to see a location address in Google Map when you receive an address through email, you will need to ensure you are using Google Mail as your default email client.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Click on Gmail from the list of apps at the bottom of your screen.
Note: Gmail for iOS must be downloaded if you don’t already have it.
- Select the Default Mail App from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Gmail icon.
- Open Gmail, and then exit Settings.
- Click the menu icon in the search bar located on the left side of the screen.
- As you scroll down the menu, click the Settings tab.
- Select Default apps.
- Click Google Maps from the Navigate to location menu, then tap it again from the Navigate between locations menu.
- When you tap an address in Gmail, either Apple Maps or Google Maps will open it.
How to make Google Maps the default app on iOS 8?
1. You can launch Apple maps on an iPhone by tapping any address. Additionally, here is the address. If you are having trouble coping and pasting in Safari, try the Notes app.
- 1 Infinite Loop
2. Apple Maps can begin routing when you tap the ‘Car’ icon.
3. Three tabs now appear on the screen. Select the one labeled ‘Apps’.
4. You can replace Apple Maps with any of the available Maps applications listed. A Route option will appear beside it. This screen will also show you related App Store applications.
The next time you tap an address on your iPhone, Google Maps will always open. The trick also applies to the iPad.
Note: It’s not possible to change the default map app on iPhone with iOS 9/10; the only option is to use Google Maps with iOS 8 or earlier. Please let us know if you have found one or if you have found one.
How do I Change iPhone Maps to Google Maps on iOS devices?
In spite of these methods, Google Maps still has some limitations depending on the operating system of the iPhone. Apple Maps can be changed to Google Maps on an iOS device, but it can be done with another skill. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Press long on the address.
- Go to the context menu and select Copy Address.
- Google Maps can then be accessed by pasting the address in the search bar.
With Google Maps, you can easily find any address.
Note: Among the features available in iOS 10 is the ability to remove some of the built-in apps, such as Maps, Books, Calculator, FaceTime, and other apps that we do not frequently use or need. Apple Maps can be removed from your iPhone, and Google Maps will become the default map.
Some Frequently Asked Questions By Users
1. On an iPhone running iOS 10, how can I make Google Maps the default?
Only iOS 14 and later allow you to change your default email and browser applications. You can make Gmail your default mail application by going to the settings of the Gmail app or you can choose Hey or Spark instead. Other browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge are also available alternatives to Safari.
2. How can I make Google Maps my default app on iPhone iOS 14?
Here are the steps you need to take:
- If you use Google apps, download Gmail and Google Maps to your iPhone/iPad.
- Open the Gmail app by logging in to Gmail.
- Select Settings from the hamburger menu.
- To access default apps, tap Default apps.
- From your current location, you can navigate to other locations using Google Maps.
Hopefully, now you understand how to make google maps default on iPhone. Thank you very much for reading this article and please share it with your friends and family members. If you have any problems with this guide, you can let me know in the comment section below.