Apple’s iPhone uses M4R audio for ringtones and alarms. A tone in M4A format can be changed to make it compatible with iPhone alarms. By changing the extension, you can accomplish this.
The Apple operating system identifies ringtones and alarms according to the extension they use. The ringtone or alarm will still sound the same if you change the extension from M4A to M4R.
As an added precaution, when creating an alarm, you must make sure the audio file is not longer than 30 seconds since only the first 30 seconds of the audio are available to your phone or alarm application.
The iPhone’s alarm settings allow you to choose a song directly from your music library for longer alarms.
How to make your own alarm sound on iPhone?
Now, we show you how to make your own alarm sound on an iPhone.
Discover how to make your own alarm sound for iPhone with Ringtone Maker
Using the Ringtone Maker, it’s easy to create iPhone ringtones or alarms using MP3 files. While other ringtone apps are available on the App Store, Ringtones: Ringtone Maker is the best iPhone Ringtone Maker Application.
In order to make customized iPhone alarm sounds, you can use the Ringtone Maker app in one of two ways:
- Set up iTunes on your computer to sync your iPhone.
- You can use Garageband on your iPhone.
With the Ringtone Maker app, you can create your own alarm on iPhone
- Download the Ringtones: Ringtone Maker app and launch it.
- The iPhone music library can be accessed by tapping Ringtone Maker +.
- A built-in audio trimmer for the selected section appears once you select your music/song. Specify 30 seconds as the maximum length for your audio file and tap Save.
- You’ll find the alarm file in My Tones, which is located in your app.
The app also lets users download custom preloaded tones from several categories, including Country, Rock, and others. Upon downloading them, the Ringtone Maker app will save them to the My Tones section.
How to customize iPhone alarm sound by syncing via iTunes?
- Computers can be connected to iPhones.
- You can access information from your computer and manage it from your iPhone.
- Click on Sync Settings on your iPhone device.
- You can find Ringtones: Ringtone Maker by tapping the Files tab.
- Drag the alarm tone file to the desktop if you wish to use it.
- Tap sync in the device section after you drag the alarm tone file from your desktop.
- Disconnect your iPhone from the Internet now that you have added your alarm file.
Here’s how to customize alarm sound on an iPhone via Garageband
- Click on the menu icon to the right of your alarm tone in the My Tones section of the Ringtone Maker app.
- Click on Share.
- On the share sheet, choose the Garageband app.
- You can access the iPhone Clock app by opening it.
- If you want to add a new alarm, tap the Plus + icon. If you want to modify an existing alarm, tap Edit.
- Once you tap on Sound, you can choose your own alarm tone.
- When you return to the section for alarms, click Save to save your customized alarm.
How To Make Your Own Alarm Sound on iPhone from a Voice Recording?
With an iPhone, you can make your alarm sound from a recorded voice if you have ever made a song your ringtone. The only difference is that you will need to save the voice recording to your computer before you can make it into a ringtone. Follow these steps to make it into a ringtone.
Using your computer, you can export your iPhone voice memos
- Take a look at your Voice Memo app on your iPhone.
- You may record a ringtone by tapping the “Record” button. Within 30 seconds, you should record the ringtone. Click “Stop” to end the process.
- Using the slider, you can select the start and end times of the audio you want to cut when you tap the “Trim Memo” option.
- You can send the audio file by tapping “Share” > then “Email”.
The extension should be changed to “M4R”
- Your computer should now be logged into your email account.
- The attachment can be saved to your computer by right-clicking and selecting “Save As.”.
- Change the extension to “.M4R” and click on the “Save” button after you right-click the file you saved on your computer.
Please note: Try right-clicking this file > Selecting “Open file location” > Clicking “View” > Checking the box of “Filename extension.” will allow you to see its extension.
You can sync the M4R file to your iPhone
- You will need to make sure that your computer has the latest version of iTunes installed.
- USB cables can be used to connect an iPhone to a computer.
- Click on the device you are using.
- Go to the “Tones” section of the extended section.
- Drop the m4r file on this section from your computer.
- Then tap “Sync.”
Make the custom ringtone your alarm sound on your iPhone
- On your iPhone, launch the Clock app.
- You can set an alarm by tapping the icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Go to the top left corner of your screen and tap “Edit.”.
- You can change the sound of a clock by tapping on it.
- You can select any sound as your iPhone alarm clock sound by selecting “Sound”.
The bottom line
We hope our guide on how to make your own alarm sound on iPhone has been useful. Therefore, I urge you to share this article with your friends and family members. If at any time you have a problem with the guide, please do not hesitate to leave a comment and I will get back to you.