It may be necessary to recall an email for editing purposes before it reaches the recipient if you’ve noticed a typo or forgotten to add an important detail. Thanks to Google’s Undo feature, this is possible if you use Gmail.
Although you have a limited amount of time to recall an email in Gmail – 30 seconds on a computer, and just five seconds on mobile – if you act quickly, you can recall your message with a click or tap. In this article, we show you how To Recall An Email In Gmail After 10 Minutes.
How To Recall An Email In Gmail After 10 Minutes?
The two ways of recalling an email in Gmail are explained below.
How To Recall An Email In Gmail on Desktop?
1. Go to Gmail. In your computer’s web browser, navigate to https://www.gmail.com. If you’re logged in, your Gmail inbox will open.
- You will be prompted to enter your email address and password if you are not logged in.
2. If necessary, you can undo the message. In case you’re not using the new version of Gmail, you’ll need to enable “Undo Send” by following these steps:
- Tap settings.
- To access the Settings menu, click on it.
- Under the General tab, select the “Enable Undo Send” checkbox.
- From the drop-down menu under “Send cancellation period”, select an amount of time to undo an email.
- Save your changes by scrolling down.
3. Then click + Compose. It’s located on the left side of the inbox in Gmail.
- You will click COMPOSE in Gmail’s classic version.
4. You must enter a recipient and a subject. The “To” field should contain your recipient’s email address, followed by the Tab key and the subject line you wish to use
5. Fill in the message in your email. The main text box is the place where you can type your email message.
6. Send the message. You can find it at the bottom of the window. If you click on it, your email will be sent.
7. To undo, click the Undo button. If you are using classic Gmail, this message will appear at the top of the page, or in the lower-left corner (new Gmail).
- In new Gmail and classic Gmail, you are given five seconds or ten seconds to recall a message.
8. Check your unsent emails. Your email will open as a draft once it has been recalled. It can be edited or discarded from there.
9. Adjust the number of days you have before you are no longer able to recall an email. Using Gmail’s latest version, you can recall an email in more than 5 seconds by following these steps:
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Choose the “Send cancellation period” option on the General tab.
- From the resulting drop-down menu, choose a time in seconds (for example, 30).
- Save your changes by scrolling down.
How To Recall An Email In Gmail on an iPhone?
Now, we show you how you can recall an Email in Gmail on your iPhone. Follow these steps.
1. Go to Gmail. The Gmail app looks like a red “M” on a white background. You will be taken to your Gmail inbox if you are logged in.
- When prompted, you will need to enter your email address and password if you are not logged in.
- On Android, you cannot recall emails sent from Gmail.
2. You can title an image by tapping Compose. The pencil icon can be found in the lower-right corner of the screen. This will open a new email form.
3. Please enter the email address of your recipient. Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send the email to in the “To” text box.
4. Adding a subject and body text is recommended. The subject line of your email should be entered in the “Subject” text box. The body of the email should be written as you wish.
5. Click on the “Send” icon. This can be found in the upper-right corner of your screen. The email will then be sent.
6. When prompted, select UNDO. There will be an UNDO button in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- The email will be available to you for five seconds.
7. Take a look at your unsent emails. You will be able to reopen your email as a draft once it has been recalled. At that point, you will be able to edit or discard the email.
Some Frequently Asked Questions by Users
1. After 1 hour on Gmail, how can I recall an email?
Open your “Sent Items” folder if you wish to “recall” a message that has already been sent. You may recall an email message that you’d like to delete/forget/douse in kerosene and set on fire. Select the “Move” group in the ribbon up top. Next, select Message Recall in the Actions menu.
2. I sent an email 1 hour ago. Can I undo it?
The email can even be recalled after one hour. The article about email recalling was published on the Microsoft Office Support Web. Email recalling works if the sender and the recipient share the same Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange Server email accounts.
3. Is it possible to delete a sent email from Gmail after an hour?
It is not unusual to realize you want to retract a message after clicking the send button in Gmail. Within 30 seconds, you can undo your send email action using the “Gmail Undo Send” feature.
4. What is the process for taking back an email in Gmail?
In Gmail’s web interface, you can recall an email by pressing “Undo” in the “Message Sent” pop-up that appears at the bottom-left corner of the window. The “X” button closes the pop-up window, so you won’t be able to recall the email if you miss it or click it to close the window.