The iPhone’s lock screen offers three options. The Control Center can be accessed by swiping up from the bottom. You can also see your widgets by swiping right. Finally, swipe left to access the camera.
Despite not being a shutterbug, I’ll never turn down an opportunity to capture a stunning image. My favorite part of the camera app is that I can access it directly from my Lock screen. Swipe left on the screen to access the camera and take a photo. Doesn’t that seem more convenient than the old-school approach?
How To Remove Camera From Lock Screen iPhone?
The iPhone camera can be accessed by simply sliding on its Lock Screen, and you will be able to take photos and videos. It’s convenient to use this setup rather than having to unlock iPhone and open the Camera App.
On the other hand, you may, from time to time, wish to disable such easy access to your iPhone’s camera.
From your iPhone’s Lock Screen and also from its Home Screen, you can disable access to the Camera.
Remove the iPhone camera from the lock screen
When Screen Time is enabled on your iPhone, you will not be able to access the Camera from the Lock screen.
- Tap on Turn On Screen Time under Settings > Screen Time.
- Next, Click on Continue > This is My iPhone.
- Click on Content & Privacy Restrictions at the bottom of the screen.
- Turn on Content & Privacy Restrictions and select Allowed Apps from the Content & Privacy Restrictions screen.
- Toggle off the Camera App from the Allowed Apps screen.
Afterward, you will no longer see the Camera App Icon on the Home Screen. Furthermore, you won’t be able to access the Camera on your iPhone’s Lock Screen by swiping left.
Add a camera app to the iPhone lock screen
Following the steps below, you can reenable the Camera Access from the Lock Screen of your device once the purpose of removing access to the Camera has been served.
- Navigate to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Next, tap on Allowed Apps.
- Move the slider to the ON position to turn on the Camera option.
By doing so, the iPhone’s Camera will return to its usual position on the Lock Screen and Home Screen.
How do I remove the camera icon from the lock screen of an iPhone 12 or 11?
When it comes to removing features from the Lock Screen, iPhone 12 has a variety of options. The instructions will be similar but the method will be different. Apple’s iPhone 12 including the 2020 security updates will work with the solution.
- Open “Settings” and select “Screen Time.”
- The next step is to click “Content and Privacy Restrictions.”.
- Make sure “Content & Privacy Restrictions” are enabled.
- To continue, tap “Always Allowed”.
- The camera feature is located in the settings.
- Select “Remove” from the red remove button to conclude the removal process.
You will not need to restart your phone in order for the change to take effect. You can check your phone’s camera by locking and unlocking it. There is a slight difference between iOS 12 Screen Time and the previous versions.
Because of Apple iOS Restrictions, a traditional solution to privacy and content restrictions, we have these restrictions today. The new iOS 11 makes removing the camera access from the Lock Screen easier.
- Go to “Settings” and select “General”.
- By tapping “Restrictions”, you can continue.
- Enter the Restrictions passcode.
- Make sure the “Camera” app is disabled in the settings.
In iOS 15, how do you disable the camera from the lock screen?
Updating software to the newest version of iPhone 15 will remove known bugs and glitches, and ensure a stable environment. Read through the entire tutorial, and if you’re using an older device, move on to the next step.
- Go to “Settings” and click “Screen Time”.
- Please click on “Content & Privacy Restrictions” to proceed. Tap to turn it on if it isn’t already enabled. If it isn’t enabled by default, it will be.
- Tap “Allowed Apps” to remove the camera app from the list.
- Turn off the “Camera” by finding it and toggling it.
You should now lock the phone and check the Lock Screen for the absence of the camera function. The camera option should not appear on your iPhone running iOS 13, and reverting the changes is as easy as reversing the instructions.
The iPhone lock screen comes with a camera and you may want to turn that off using the inbuilt settings. Privacy is important. Apple has added enough options to the iOS in order to enable and disable such functions as to improve security and privacy on the device.
Privacy is a key selling point for Apple’s advertisement strategy. During the Cupertino-based manufacturer’s timeline, the software was optimized and sufficient features were added to meet consumer demands. Please tell me in the comment section below which method you used how to remove camera from lock screen iPhone.