When you must sign up for an account in the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store with your Apple ID, adding a payment method might be necessary. Upon signing into the store, you may remove the payment method. From there, you can only download apps that use the free payment method. Using this tutorial, you will be able to remove payment information from a stolen iPhone on a Mac.
Here below in this article, we completely describe the process of removing payment cards from your iPhone. Here is the answer to the question that ” how to remove payment method on iPhone?”. A detailed guide can be found in the instructions.
How To Remove Payment Method From iPhone By Apple ids?
Following these steps makes it easy to remove the payment option associated with an Apple ID on iPhone/iPad.
1. Open iTunes & App Store in Settings.
2. Select the Apple ID, select View Apple ID, and then enter your password when prompted.
3. Select the payment you prefer under “Payment Type” under the Payment information section. For instance, Alipay.
4. Fill out the corresponding message as None and after entering the Alipay account number.
5. Tap Done when you’re done.
How to Remove The Payment Method Of Apple ID On Mac?
With the iTunes app on a Mac, payment information associated with Apple ID can be removed.
1. Launch the iTunes app.
2. Go to the login page and enter your Apple ID password.
3. Click on Account > My Account.
4. Your password will be prompted, at which point you will need to press Enter or Return on your keyboard.
5. Click the Edit button next to Payment Type.
6. To remove the payment method, select None. Then click Done.
The payment information has been removed from iTunes as of now.
How To Remove Your Subscription Payment Method From Your iPhone?
Let’s start with the basics. Your Apple ID may need to be purged of old debit or credit cards. This is an excellent question. An Apple card usually needs to be deleted if it has expired, been stolen, or lost.
We all know that banks offer various kinds of cashback schemes and discounts on different purchases time and time again. For this reason, users may have to change their old debit or credit cards and add new ones to be eligible for the offer. There could be a multitude of reasons why people delete and add a new card to their Apple ID.
Now, let’s return to our original question how do I remove my iPhone’s payment method? Luckily, this is quite simple. Before we go further, let me clarify something. When you delete your payment method from your Apple ID, you won’t be able to make seamless and fast purchases. As a result, if you are certain that you only want to delete your card from your iPhone, then follow the steps below:
- Tap the settings icon after unlocking your iPhone.
- Select the iTunes and App store by scrolling down.
- Your unique Apple ID will appear on the following screen (your registered email account is your Apple ID).
- Choose Manage payments after tapping your Apple ID.
- On the following screen, you can see all the credit and debit cards that you’ve added.
- Choose a card that you want to delete and then carefully select it.
- If you want to completely remove your payment method from your Apple ID, you need to select the remove button.
What Is The Problem With Removing The Payment Cards From Your iPhone?
Having trouble removing a debit card or credit card from your iPhone is not something to worry about. There is no reason to be surprised by an error message that says “unable to remove payment method due to active subscription on account with at least one active payment” when trying to remove payment methods. It’s a simple solution to a complex problem. The following points should be taken into account.
Make sure your linked card does not have any pending payments. If you don’t cancel your subscription first, you can’t remove your debit or credit card info from your Apple ID.
Consequently, the first step is to determine whether there are any subscriptions that are still active and to cancel them if there are any.
What Are The Steps To Remove An Active Subscription Payment Card From Your iPhone?
Before you cancel your card from Apple ID, you must check and cancel your active subscription on iOS.
- On your iPhone, go to the settings section.
- Choose iTunes and App Store from the list.
- Select your Apple ID.
- Then select subscription a little further down.
- You will be able to see all of your active subscriptions.
- Delete or deactivate the subscription by selecting it.
How To Cancel a Subscription Without Removing a Payment Method?
Apple Music and iCloud storage are both super popular subscription services that are hard to cancel. What if you don’t want to cancel your subscription to iCloud on your iPhone but need to remove your card? Don’t understand? It’s not a problem. Let me explain.
If you have an Apple ID, you can add multiple payment methods. You can, for instance, add a credit card or another debit card to your iPhone once you have added a debit card. Subscription service must be uninterrupted if at least one payment method is active on the iPhone id.
In the case that you do not have any additional credit or debit cards, you would benefit from purchasing and adding an iTunes card. The number, expiration date, and CVV code of the iTunes card can definitely be used to add it to the app. If you want, you can also remove your payment method (credit or debit card) from your iPhone.
Feel free to contact us if after removing the payment method from your Apple ID you still can’t remove the payment method from your Apple ID. More reasons can arise that can only be dealt with by an expert.
How You Can Continue Using Your Apple ID Without a Payment Card?
An Apple ID can be made without an associated payment method, and apps, music, and other media can be downloaded for free.
As I explained above, removing the payment method is all you need to do if you already have an Apple ID, just make sure you do it once you’ve accessed an App Store or similar website for the first time. If you download something that isn’t free, Apple won’t ask you to pay for it.
You may have a harder time downloading free apps if you do not have an Apple ID. There is a mandatory part to getting free apps, and it’s to create an Apple ID account. Even without payment information, it is easy to create a new Apple ID and it only takes a few minutes to do so.
How To Remove Your Payment Method Details From Safari AutoFill?
You do not have to manually enter your credit card information every time you purchase something on your iPhone since your credit card information (once saved) will generally be stored in your Safari settings. iOS uses this information to automatically fill out web forms requesting payment information before you complete a purchase.
These nine steps will help you remove a credit card associated with the Safari web browser on your device.
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Select the Safari cell.
- You can fill out the AutoFill cell by clicking on it.
- Saved Credit Cards can be accessed by clicking on it.
- Clicking on Saved Credit Cards will allow you to access them. Verify your identity using your fingerprint.
- You can delete a credit card from your AutoFill settings by clicking on it.
- You will find a blue Edit button to the rightmost part of the page – click it.
- At the bottom of the page, click the red Delete Credit Card button.
If you wish to delete the credit card, you will be prompted to confirm your decision. If you wish to make your decision final, click the red Delete button one more time.
- Safari > Autofill settings
- Automatic Filling > Saved Credit Cards.
- Remove the credit card.
- Click on Touch ID, select the card, then click Delete, then click Confirm.
Congratulations, you’re done! The credit card information that appeared in Safari AutoFill settings on your iPhone has been removed!
You will need to log into the individual apps if you saved your information with a third-party app on your iPhone. Additionally, you can find more how-to guides on MacTrast.
iOS 11 is the current version of this guide. Please leave a message in the comment section below if you have any questions or need assistance with any of the methods above.
Explore More Features of iPhone: